HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kevin Dupont takes Shots @ Hab Fans & Montreal

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 10:48 AM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I thought it was a decent piece tbh.
I know Dupes personally and when I saw this as I was heading out to walk the dog- I said wait a minute Looch (just kidding) gotta read this first this could be interesting...thought it was tame. Actually he disappointed me but maybe he is afraid his next visit (he loves Quebec- maybe his favorite place on earth, and always admired greatly the Beliveau, Cournoyer crew so he just can't let loose like he does on the Bruins)

Old
02-19-2012, 10:53 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I never knew a puck to the chin could knock a person out for a little bit.
Chara has a glass chin. That's why he stays away from the true heavyweights. Against Laraque he went straight for a take down otherwise he might of seen stars if Laraque caught him one to the chin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Can't read his article, I got my 24 stanley cups statuettes blocking my computer screen
You must be wrong that intelligent professional writer from Boston says Habs won 23 cups

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 02-19-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old
02-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Chara has a glass chin. That's why he stays away from the true heavyweights. Against Laraque he went straight for a take down otherwise he might of seen stars if Laraque caught him one to the chin.
Glass chin or not, the term (knocked out) is often associated with a sudden traumatic loss of consciousness caused by a physical blow. Single powerful blows to the head like to the jawline and temple, can produce a cerebral concussion and cause a sudden, dramatic KO. A shot to the chin is well, a shot to the chin. You go down because of pain and surprise and you get back up.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
02-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Domenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
What is so hard to understand for Dupont? We don't like Chara. We cheer when bad things happen to people we don't like.

Like everyone else in the world.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Price My Man Crush

I still can't believe that after the hit, Chara goes away like he did nothing. It's impossible. You can't tell yourself that you did nothing when you hear that sound, IMPOSSIBLE. And those ****ing ******* Bruins fan will tell that it was a "strong hockey play".

EDIT: Omg in the article the guy is telling "The Habs have won an NHL-record 23 Cups"

Last edited by Price My Man Crush: 02-19-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old
02-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Habs13

When Chara went down after the puck bit him, I and my friends cheered from my couch in my living room. I believe I may have even clapped my hands together. If that makes me classless, so be it.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:03 AM
hockeyfan2k11

He tried to kill one of our players. What is so difficult to understand?

Pretty sure Bruins fans hate Cooke and rightfully so.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Jerk Store
Classless

FWIW, that feeling was shared by many. Ray Ferraro pointed it out on the TSN broadcast (as I'm sure some of you know) and Gary Galley (who's been pretty good throughout his broadcasting career in being fair) on Ottawa radio brought it up as well. I'm sure it got picked up by more than just Boston Media, so it's not just mtl/bos pointing fingers.

It does happen elsewhere, and credible broadcasters/unbiased reporters point it out when it occurs. The fact remains that it was classless.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:05 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
FWIW, that feeling was shared by many. Ray Ferraro pointed it out on the TSN broadcast (as I'm sure some of you know) and Gary Galley (who's been pretty good throughout his broadcasting career in being fair) on Ottawa radio brought it up as well. I'm sure it got picked up by more than just Boston Media, so it's not just mtl/bos pointing fingers.

It does happen elsewhere, and credible broadcasters/unbiased reporters point it out when it occurs. The fact remains that it was classless.
You're just jealous because half the fans at Scotia don't even realize a hockey game is being played.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:07 AM
BLONG7

Quote:

If Chara near killed one of the Sens, you would be singing a different tune...

Old
02-19-2012, 11:10 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:

Thx for stopping by.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:11 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Vancouver knows where we're coming from here.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
You're just jealous because half the fans at Scotia don't even realize a hockey game is being played.
Ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
I understand that, and I'm in no way saying Sens fans wouldn't react the same way. What I am saying is that it remains a classless move. Wether Sens fans did it or Blue Jackets fans.

Hockey players are professionals. Chara and Pacioretty got over the situation. A player getting hurt playing a game is nothing to cheer about.

That being said, I thought the players, namely Pac and Plekanec were very classy and I'm happy to see that that behaviour doesn't translate to the team.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:16 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:

What I am saying is that it remains a classless move.
Well, that's your opinion,not a fact.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
Well, yes, of course. I simply wanted to point out that it's a feeling that I have noticed was share by others on the outside looking in.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:30 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Not surprised at all, he is a Boston writer who is looking at it from one perspective. Would I have cheered had I been at the game? Probably not. But I can understand how some felt the need to.

The best part is he makes no mention of his own towns fan base, and not only for the Bruins but also the Red Sox. They can be just as bad if not worst with regards to booing or cheering at times that some would think inappropriate.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Bullsmith

Bit ironic coming out of Boston. Some fair points but really he's writing about motes while ignoring the log in his hometown, to mangle a biblical reference.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
It is a fact. Cheering a player getting hurt is classless, regardless of history. Case in point, Plekanec went to check on Chara and see if he was okay.

It's time for everyone to put this crap to rest. It happened, Chara faced the music (not suspension but criticism around the league) and he apologized to Pacioretty later on. Pacioretty has accepted his apology and said it's time to move on. If it happened to him and HE has put it past him and has moved on, I think all of you can do the same.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I disagree, Chara can destroy any player in the league. He's an allstar, he doesn't need to get into silly staged fights with the other team's goon, it doesn't make sense.

In the WHL, Chara took on any and all heavyweights who wanted a piece, and rarely came out second place, he is an experienced brawler at all levels.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:46 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

i'll admit it was disrepectful, but if i woul have been there, i would have cheered as well. that's the least we can do for him.

what about boston player giving the finger to the crowd and spraying fans with water? that's ok?

**** you boston media

Old
02-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i'll admit it was disrepectful, but if i woul have been there, i would have cheered as well. that's the least we can do for him.

what about boston player giving the finger to the crowd and spraying fans with water? that's ok?

**** you boston media
As a writer in Boston, his job is to write something that sells to the local audience. I doubt they want to read how they are all hypocrites for making a fuss over Habs fans cheering an injury when they have done next to the same thing. They want to pick up the newspaper or click on the link and read about how stupid Habs fans are or how bad the Canadiens are doing, if the article itself involves the Habs.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Problem is that we laughed at Bruins fans for their moral victories. We laughed at them. And now, we're looking for some. Just trying to be consequent here.
We never knew moral victories would help win cups.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:52 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Well, yes, of course. I simply wanted to point out that it's a feeling that I have noticed was share by others on the outside looking in.
i don't give a **** if that feeling is shared by anybody else. fact is we hate chara. he got a puck on the chin, we cheered. it's just a flesh wound...

big. ****ing. deal.

if he was lying on the ice unconscious, we wouldn't be taunting him -- oh no wait, that was thornton from the bruins' bench. ok then, i'll re-phrase: if chara was lying on a stretcher, THE FANS wouldn't have been cheering.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Kriss E

Well, he would make sense if the fans cheered every opponent that gets injured but that's not the case.
What if Ference gets injured? Are the fans supposed to feel bad for him after he gave the finger to the crowd??
Why should Chara be respected when he clearly didn't respect MaxPac, or any of the fans when he came him with his lies about not knowing who it was.

What about Recchi and his comments??

I mean, why should we respect a group that have been absolutely disrespectful themselves???
Such hypocrisy from Dupont. He lives in a bubble.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:03 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i don't give a **** if that feeling is shared by anybody else. fact is we hate chara. he got a puck on the chin, we cheered. it's just a flesh wound...

big. ****ing. deal.

if he was lying on the ice unconscious, we wouldn't be taunting him -- oh no wait, that was thornton from the bruins' bench. ok then, i'll re-phrase: if chara was lying on a stretcher, THE FANS wouldn't have been cheering.
Yes people forget that Thornton was laughing on the bench when Max was hurt. Julien opening his mouth is funny as well. He showed no class whatsoever when Marchand low bridged Salo. That organization needs to shut the hell up until they clean their own act up.

Closed Thread