It is slowly becoming an issue with posters posting copyrighted or private content. A good example of this is Newsday. Since Newsday makes it content subscription based you can not post the entire article for all to see. You can post a small snippet of the article with your own summary and the link. Any articles that are posted in their entirety will be met with either of the following; post edited, warnings or infractions. Even sites such as Botta's Islander Point Blank although unrestricted still must have only a snippet and a link posted. Thanks for understanding and following this criteria. Also please do NOT ask other posters to post copyrighted material. Should you have any questions contact one of the Moderators. Thanks!!
To add to what Sal posted, this is not our policy but rather a system-wide HFBoards rule. If the HF staff allowed full articles to be reposted here, especially ones from subscription sites like Newsday, they would be putting themselves at risk of a lawsuit. Please don't think this is some effort to support Cablevision and the ridiculous pay model they've converted Newsday to.
Let this serve as everyones FINAL warning. If you see an Eklund thread, you have the option of ignoring it. Do NOT go in there and attack him/his "rumors". We have plenty of content here, bashing of him will not be tolerated, just like posters bashing each other will not be tolerated. Most of us know his game, but bashing will not be tolerated!!!
Okay everyone as the season is about to ramp up just a few things to remember,
1. If you see a problem post use the triangle icon with the exclamation point in it to report the posts. A moderator will deal with said post if needed.
2. Fixed posts are not allowed!
3. PLEASE use a prefix for a thread if one qualifies.
4. If anyone has any question please direct them to the Isles board moderators, we are here to help.
5. Fans of other teams are welcome to post here. If they post anything that is considered flaming or trolling, use the report the post feature listed above. Responding in an inappropriate manner could earn you a warning or infraction as well.
If anyone has any suggestions please let us know.
THE ROAD TO THE STANLEY CUP BEGINS NOW!!!
I know, I know, figured we needed a little humor!!!
Here's the deal with the DP already. I am all for criticizing him for crappy play. At the very least take off the DP hater glasses and be objective!! If people continue to crap all over the GDT's with their DP hate for no reason, you will be removed from the GDT!!!!
The consistant DP bashing could be thread hi-jacking/derailing of a thread.
I AM ALL FOR CRITICIZING HIM WHEN HE DESERVES IT.
Last edited by Homeland Security: 10-24-2010 at 11:40 AM.
We know this losing streak is aggravating a lot of people. Please try to let cooler heads prevail when posting. Their is no need to attack one another. You can state your viewpoint without attacking another poster.
Just a quick update we all know this season has become a nightmare both on and off the ice, having said that the board is becoming a bit of a nightmare in itself.
Let's try not to start new threads on topics that have been beaten to death, instead see if one already exists.
Let's keep personal attacks off the boards, attack the post not the poster.
Thanks in advance.
R.I.P. Uncle John.... I love you!
In light of lasts night game against the Pens(2-11) I should remind everyone do NOT go over to the Pens board with the sole intent of trolling. Their is always room for reasonable discussion, but DO NOT TROLL!!!
For those creating threads please use the prefixes when creating a thread. We've had some Eklund threads popping up lately and not everyone wants to read his fantasies. So please use the prefixes. Their is a drop-down box right next to where you put the thread title.
Thank you! ! !
Last edited by Homeland Security: 10-05-2011 at 01:20 PM.
As another season is getting ready to be ramped up just a few items:
1. Please when citing sources provide a link. Saying I saw it on Twitter is not enough. You need to link it. If no link, thread could be closed of deleted. If a thread gets closed and a link is found, PM it to a moderator so that the thread can be reopened.
2. If members come here to troll use the triangle icon to report the post and someone from the mod team will deal with it. We do not live on HF, so it may take some time till someone responds, but we will look over any reported posts that are sent in. Also do not respond to the troll. That only adds more fuel to the fire and more of a mess to clean up afterwards.
3. When creating a thread use the drop-down prefix menu. Their are a bunch of prefixes in there. If you feel we are missing one let a member of the Isles Mod Team know.
4. Do NOT under any circumstance go over to other team boards to troll. This will most likely end up with you getting a warning/infractions from a moderator.
5. Remember we take copyright very seriously. You are NOT permitted to post entire articles. Only a short clip of the article and then you can add a summary of your own. Again, provide the links to the articles.
6. Should you have any questions of concerns please feel free to send it to us Isles Board Moderators. We are here to help you and keep this board enjoyable.
6. Let's have a great season! ! !
Thanks again everyone! ! !
Last edited by Homeland Security: 10-05-2011 at 01:45 PM.
In light of our early season struggles others as well as I have noticed an increase in the amount of people circumventing the profanity filter. It is there for a reason, let it do its job or risk a warning or infraction. We do have readers registered to this site as young as 13. Would you want your kid reading that? I don't think so.
I understand that right now it is a tough time in Islander Country. Something has come to my attention, that is the excessive use of profanity which is masked by ***********. I am all for venting frustrations with this team, they deserve it but we need to do it in a manner which is civil and non offensive. Let's try and keep the profanity to a minimum. Posts that are strictly all profanity or full of **** will be cited for spam.
Some users are having difficulties embedding YouTube videos. Here's a quick tutorial.
When you go to a Youtube video copy everything that comes after the equal sign in your URL. Then paste the copied info in the reply portion of the thread. Then highlight the stuff pasted and click the YouTube icon. This will surround your text with the YT brackets. Then click post and your video should be embedded. If you have any trouble PM a Mod team member.