HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kevin Dupont takes Shots @ Hab Fans & Montreal

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i don't give a **** if that feeling is shared by anybody else. fact is we hate chara. he got a puck on the chin, we cheered. it's just a flesh wound...

big. ****ing. deal.

if he was lying on the ice unconscious, we wouldn't be taunting him -- oh no wait, that was thornton from the bruins' bench. ok then, i'll re-phrase: if chara was lying on a stretcher, THE FANS wouldn't have been cheering.
That's what's been deemed classless by analysts on the outside looking in. Wether you care or not.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
I'm wondering what he'd write about this:

Old
02-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Oh no! A crowd of people watching hockey, with a few beers in the system for the most part, is not CLASSY?

I don't believe it.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:14 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

It was disrespectful and classless but it needed to happen. The Pacioretty/Chara event ****ed our season up and we lost in OT in game 7 vs them without our best forward. We know the rest... blah blah they win the cup. I'm not blaming that but they facts and true habs fans were pissed at it. I also believe it's time to move on even tho I still hate Chara big time.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

there is only one thing wrong with this article. The use of the all-inclusive term "Habs fans" to denote a single group. At the end of reading this you may be left with the impression that 21000 Bell Centre patrons cheered in unison the bloodying up of Chara when really this did not happen.

Every fanbase has it's idiots. It's the one area that we seem to be competitive with other NHL teams.

The problem is the fringe of the fanbase has all but made cliche the "knowledgable fanbase" label that was true many years ago. Today we have fans calling 911, and cheering injured players, and whining about slurs and obsessing about the he-said-he-said on-ice verbal exchanges between players. This is a gladiator sport being watched by people who think they are on a kindegarten playground.

What is needed is the ignoring, censuring, humiliation of these whiny twits within the fanbase , and it might be gone some day.

Time for reflection. Great article.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:21 PM
dtimmons

Bruins fan here, Dupont is an idiot. There isn't a Bruins fan out there that doesn't hate him, nothing he writes should be taken seriously. He's Boston's Jack Todd.

In my opinion fans pay a lot of money to go to games, they can boo/cheer whatever they want.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I have no problem with that article. Yet, what about some Bruins fans? And some Philly fans? For "some" Bruins fans to have LOVE the day when their Bruins pummeled the Pyatt and the Spacek of this world, and loved seeing those guys on the ice.....what does it say about them? Frustration? Moral victories? Okay, so be it. But if it's good for them....why can't it be good for us? It doesn't make any gestures more brillant they they were. It was downright stupid. But why suddenly does Dupont feel the need to explain what Habs fans are about while he had all those Bruins fans to analyse all of these years.

So the article is fine. But it is pretty condescendant and like I said before, whether it's Bruins or Habs fans, NOBODY has any right to give the other fanbase any kind of lessons.
Felt like quoting this, because it expresses my take on this as well.

The word "class" comes up far too often in this topic. Why should a crowd at a hockey game, a sport that accepts fights as part of the show, be held up to some "class" standard? This isn't a wedding. This isn't a funeral. This isn't a fine art exhibition. It's a friggin hockey game. The "class" displayed should be limited to not punching the dude sitting next to you or spilling your beer on the chick sitting in front of you.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
there is only one thing wrong with this article. The use of the all-inclusive term "Habs fans" to denote a single group. At the end of reading this you may be left with the impression that 21000 Bell Centre patrons cheered in unison the bloodying up of Chara when really this did not happen.

Every fanbase has it's idiots. It's the one area that we seem to be competitive with other NHL teams.

The problem is the fringe of the fanbase has all but made cliche the "knowledgable fanbase" label that was true many years ago. Today we have fans calling 911, and cheering injured players, and whining about slurs and obsessing about the he-said-he-said on-ice verbal exchanges between players. This is a gladiator sport being watched by people who think they are on a kindegarten playground.

What is needed is the ignoring, censuring, humiliation of these whiny twits within the fanbase , and it might be gone some day.

Time for reflection. Great article.
Great post. Introspection is much harder than finger-pointing.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I disagree, Chara can destroy any player in the league. He's an allstar, he doesn't need to get into silly staged fights with the other team's goon, it doesn't make sense.

In the WHL, Chara took on any and all heavyweights who wanted a piece, and rarely came out second place, he is an experienced brawler at all levels.

A lot of the fights Chara gets in, he's either heavily favored, or one punch is thrown and then he starts to wrestle and fall. His fights suck.
But yes, he can still throw them well, but I'd say Lucic is a much better fighter.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:25 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Can't read his article, I got my 24 stanley cups statuettes blocking my computer screen
hahahah, awesome

Old
02-19-2012, 12:26 PM
LyricalLyricist

Yay. People who don't know anything writing articles.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Dekar

At least no one on our team ever hit a fan with a shoe.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:32 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I thought it was a decent piece tbh.
Other than thinking the shot in the face Chara got is even close to what he did to Pacioretty is ignorant and uncalled for BS.Live and Let Die as James Bond would say.What's with the scary looking woman beside the piece.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:33 PM
NotProkofievian

Nothing but a "kick 'em while they're down" piece by a stone-thrower living in a glass house.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:34 PM
old scotia

Stupid, stupid Kevin Dupont, I hope he didn't get paid for that.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:36 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

Everyone obviously knows that pretty much every bruins media person is going to be a homer. I see some nice responses by people, but i have obsessed about things like this in the past and learned that it doesn't matter what they say. The proof is out there for us to see. Boston is a dirty team. Their fans are vicious bloodthirsty dogs. And the reason they are this way towards us because every one of them knows how much more success we've had, most of that success coming at the hands of their failure. They've won a stanley cup in a year when they eliminated us and they still come with torches, like we're the black witch. They will never stop trying to make us look bad. They fight dirty. They can't amount to what our team has on the ice, so they do everything they can to put a black cloud over it in the media. They are pathetic...and they always will be...because they will never be what we are. The greatest of all time. That's fact.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:53 PM
One Trick Pony

I never thought a puck could reach Chara's chin.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Et le But

If there's anyone who shouldn't go there, it's a Boston sports fan. Boston has a reputation for racist fans, especially in basketball, mostly based on a reality decades ago but every time an incident happens it brings back the accusations. Even today there's accusations that the Celtics and Pats go out of their way to sign white players. I'm not saying this is fair but those in glass houses should not throw stones. If you want to cherry pick examples to demonize an entire fanbase, the only group with more ammo against them than Boston sports fans is Philly sports fans, and that's debatable.

A friend of mine got beer thrown at him for wearing a yankees hat in Boston. I've heard stories of a lot worse incidents. Say what you want about Montreal but fan violence caused by wearing the wrong teams colours rarely happens, much less than in Boston or Philly at the very least. Nobody is afraid of wearing a Bruins jersey around Montreal, walk around Boston in a Habs, Lakers or Yankees jersey and you probably won't get hurt, but you will get abused far worse than anything I have ever seen in Montreal.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:14 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

who?

Old
02-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Undertakerqc

Who cares what other think. One thing i know is that every NHL owner wish they had fans like the one we have in Montreal. The best $$$ crowd in the league with Toronto.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:22 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Who is Kevin Dupont?
This is an important question. Another question is why the hell should his opinion matter?

Old
02-19-2012, 01:23 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Again Kevin Dupont, what do you have to say to the Bruins fans cheering when Mason Raymond broke his back?

Old
02-19-2012, 01:24 PM
haburger

weak article.dont know why i bothered.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:30 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
It is a fact. Cheering a player getting hurt is classless, regardless of history. Case in point, Plekanec went to check on Chara and see if he was okay.

It's time for everyone to put this crap to rest. It happened, Chara faced the music (not suspension but criticism around the league) and he apologized to Pacioretty later on. Pacioretty has accepted his apology and said it's time to move on. If it happened to him and HE has put it past him and has moved on, I think all of you can do the same.
**** no he didn't...what he get? Oh boohoo some interviews. He got a big standing O at home after the incident and raised the ultimate prize 3 ****ing months later. Give me a break with facing the music...he didn't face **** yet.

I guess no one remembers Chara saying he didn't do anything wrong on the play, how the Bruins thought it was a freaking strong hockey play. How ****ing Mark Recchi got his MD in a week and analyzed Max post concussion symptoms.

I will have no respect for Chara and if I was there I would have started an OLE chant after he got hit in the face.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:33 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
I'm wondering what he'd write about this:

Strong cheering play. Shows passion.

Closed Thread