HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors) PART II

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
"Stay away from my team Glen"

"If that's what you want then fix ur ****** powerplay!"

Old
02-19-2012, 01:18 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Once again starting with the caveat that I only want Nash (or Carter or Ryan) with Dubi and a mix of prospects/picks that doesn't include Kreider.

Having said that, not acquiring Nash because "oh, we'll just get Parise over the summer" is very strange thinking. LA, Toronto and a half dozen other teams are going to make HUGE pushes for Parise.

Parise is SO not a given.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:20 PM
CM PUNK

so if i'm following everyone, trading dubinsky for nash which adds a net difference of $3.6 mil to the cap will screw us when its time to resign all of our rfas. BUT keeping dubi and signing parise for $7 mil so they net to a combined $11+ mil won't hurt our cap. got it

Old
02-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Not sure how I'm overvaluing Dubinsky if he's one of the centerpieces of a potential trade to land Nash.

Exactly, Dubinsky could definitely net a 1st rounder or a very nice prospect.

Point being whatever we could get for him would be in addition to what we already have...as opposed to dealing him for Nash where he's simply gone.
Except you said a couple very nice picks and prospects. One or the other, sure.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:23 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
so if i'm following everyone, trading dubinsky for nash which adds a net difference of $3.6 mil to the cap will screw us when its time to resign all of our rfas. BUT keeping dubi and signing parise for $7 mil so they net to a combined $11+ mil won't hurt our cap. got it
I don't want either.

I've had enough of the big name long term contracts.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:24 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
Sign Parise and trade Dubi for picks/prospects to re-stock the system. Problem solved.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Putting all of your eggs in one basket is not a good idea. If we were talking about a sure-fire ppg player I would be okay with it. Nash is not that.
Neither is Parise. It's more like all your eggs in four baskets. But I know what you're saying. I'm speaking hypothetically assuming that Sather still feels he needs to add one more high caliber piece.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Cmox

I'm pretty sure Toronto is going to overpay for Nash. We can all breathe.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:28 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
Ugh... don't mess with this unit. Kreider will provide enough additional offense next year at what? 1/17 the price of Nash? Not I only that, but I certainly don't want to have to head to Game 1 of the quarterfinals, and Dubi isn't out there.

With the depth we have, we can continue to spend wisely and have not just 1 or 2 big shots at the Cup, but 4 or 5.
I hate this deal; $7.8 per for 6 yrs is terrible. Dubi should have a bounce back year and get his 20-24 goals. Kreider will get us 10-12 goals next year, thats our 30 goals that we're counting on Nash to produce. If Kreider is included in any deal I guarantee he refuses to sign w/Clb and goes back to BC and plays his final year and than goes free agency route. Howson will not risk Kreider not signing so I don't believe Kreider will be included.

If Nash is acquired he will be in the middle of a **** storm he has never seen; NYC is not a forgiving place for players who cannot produce at an elite level as all are expecting him to do. He's a good player who has never had to be the focal point of a team, and at 7.8 the fans will be expecting the 2nd coming of Crosby. I don't expect this deal to go down as Glen is not going to give Howson what he expects plus take on that contract

Old
02-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
I'm pretty sure Toronto is going to overpay for Nash. We can all breathe.
Howson is trying to dump Nash before he gets to NY so Sather can't bend him over.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:30 PM
glees68
la di da di

Send a message via AIM to glees68
I reallly don't want Nash. If we trade for somebody, give me Jeff Carter. Long contract, but very affordable cap hit. Also, it seems as though he wouldn't demand as much in a trade, so we probably wouldn't have to trade Kreider. Just my opinion though.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
I hate this deal; $7.8 per for 6 yrs is terrible. Dubi should have a bounce back year and get his 20-24 goals. Kreider will get us 10-12 goals next year, thats our 30 goals that we're counting on Nash to produce. If Kreider is included in any deal I guarantee he refuses to sign w/Clb and goes back to BC and plays his final year and than goes free agency route. Howson will not risk Kreider not signing so I don't believe Kreider will be included.

If Nash is acquired he will be in the middle of a **** storm he has never seen; NYC is not a forgiving place for players who cannot produce at an elite level as all are expecting him to do. He's a good player who has never had to be the focal point of a team, and at 7.8 the fans will be expecting the 2nd coming of Crosby. I don't expect this deal to go down as Glen is not going to give Howson what he expects plus take on that contract
Just because Carter is a whiny ***** doesn't mean all other players are. This is getting a little out of hand.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:32 PM
NYR Viper

Yeah I dont think attention will be a problem for Nash. He has literally been the face of the franchise since Day 1 for Columbus. Even in a small market thats a lot.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Yeah I dont think attention will be a problem for Nash. He has literally been the face of the franchise since Day 1 for Columbus. Even in a small market thats a lot.
Agreed, depending where he goes actually. I could see him sliding in under the radar a bit in NY with Gaborik, Richards, and Lundqvist being more focal points. In TOR he'd have the onus of being the man again I'm sure.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:42 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Agreed, depending where he goes actually. I could see him sliding in under the radar a bit in NY with Gaborik, Richards, and Lundqvist being more focal points. In TOR he'd have the onus of being the man again I'm sure.
I don't think so. Kessel, Lupul, Phaneuf. They have their leadership in place. IMO it would be a great move for Nash to get out of CLB. But his cap hit is terrible

Old
02-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Cmox

Yeah, he doesn't like attention then Toronto would be a bad place. It's Toronto.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post

Great post! I just hope you're right in the final analysis.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Howson is trying to dump Nash before he gets to NY so Sather can't bend him over.
Pretty much true... lol

Old
02-19-2012, 01:53 PM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Rick Nash on the Rangers:

1. Do not want
2. Do not want
3. Do not want

While I salivate at the idea of what Nash could bring to this team, look at the greater picture:

-This team is completely rolling right now. Best win % in the league with little to no signs of slowing down. No reason to break up what is obviously a good thing in the NYR locker room.

-The cost AND the contract. Rick Nash's contract as we all know is hideous. That cap hit undoubtedly handcuffs us for at least the next 2 years (Richards, Lundqvist, Gaborik, Nash) with raises due to RFAs. This, and I don't see how we woudn't be giving up 2 or more key roster players + picks/prospects to get Nash. I don't think this is the type of trade where we can throw in a 1st with a roster player and a prospect and call it a day, for the simple reason being that our 2012 1st will basically be a 2nd.

-There's a very good chance Zach Parise is a UFA on July 1st. Parise fits the identity of this team to a T, moreso than Rick Nash. If we make some serious noise in the playoffs, I see no reason why Parise woudn't seriously conider signing here. A. We're the freakin' NYR B. If we don't win it this year, we're on the cusp and Parise would put us over the top. Why would he sign in LA or TOR when he could play at MSG and be inches away from a cup run with Lundqvist in his prime.

And I saw someone mention before "If we're so worried about Nash's cap hit, why talk about Parise?" My answer to that would be A. Parise is a better player than Nash in basically every facet of the game. He fits our system and team identity to a T. If you're going to throw everything at a player I'd rather it be the right player and I don't believe Nash is the right player. B. Parise doesn't cost any assets.

SAY NO TO NASH!

Old
02-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
I don't think so. Kessel, Lupul, Phaneuf. They have their leadership in place. IMO it would be a great move for Nash to get out of CLB. But his cap hit is terrible
I'm speaking strictly on the fact that Toronto is hard on big names.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Nancy Reagan needs to visit Sather. Just say NO!

Old
02-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Mike Fischer got a 1st. Dubinsky could too.
Hate to say it but Mike Fisher is better offensively than Dubinsky.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post

1. Do not want
2. Do not want
3. Do not want

While I salivate at the idea of what Nash could bring to this team, look at the greater picture:

-This team is completely rolling right now. Best win % in the league with little to no signs of slowing down. No reason to break up what is obviously a good thing in the NYR locker room.

-The cost AND the contract. Rick Nash's contract as we all know is hideous. That cap hit undoubtedly handcuffs us for at least the next 2 years (Richards, Lundqvist, Gaborik, Nash) with raises due to RFAs. This, and I don't see how we woudn't be giving up 2 or more key roster players + picks/prospects to get Nash. I don't think this is the type of trade where we can throw in a 1st with a roster player and a prospect and call it a day, for the simple reason being that our 2012 1st will basically be a 2nd.

-There's a very good chance Zach Parise is a UFA on July 1st. Parise fits the identity of this team to a T, moreso than Rick Nash. If we make some serious noise in the playoffs, I see no reason why Parise woudn't seriously conider signing here. A. We're the freakin' NYR B. If we don't win it this year, we're on the cusp and Parise would put us over the top. Why would he sign in LA or TOR when he could play at MSG and be inches away from a cup run with Lundqvist in his prime.

And I saw someone mention before "If we're so worried about Nash's cap hit, why talk about Parise?" My answer to that would be A. Parise is a better player than Nash in basically every facet of the game. He fits our system and team identity to a T. If you're going to throw everything at a player I'd rather it be the right player and I don't believe Nash is the right player. B. Parise doesn't cost any assets.

SAY NO TO NASH!
Amen unless they're willing to accept Anni, Borque and a pick for him!(Muhahaha)

Old
02-19-2012, 02:03 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post

1. Do not want
2. Do not want
3. Do not want

SAY NO TO NASH!
Couldn't have said it any better.

I don't want Parise either, because of the contract he'll demand, but if I had to choose between Nash or make a run at Parise, even though it's obviously not certain...Parise all day.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:13 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Once again starting with the caveat that I only want Nash (or Carter or Ryan) with Dubi and a mix of prospects/picks that doesn't include Kreider.

Having said that, not acquiring Nash because "oh, we'll just get Parise over the summer" is very strange thinking. LA, Toronto and a half dozen other teams are going to make HUGE pushes for Parise.

Parise is SO not a given.
No one is saying Paraise is a given in the summer. If we don't get him so be it, but we are still better of then sending a bunch of players for Nash, who other than in the Olympics, has never been in a pressure filled situation,not to mention, never been in the playoffs,with his 7.8 cap hit.

Closed Thread