HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thanks spectr17!

Old
02-19-2012, 12:47 AM
FilthyNote*

vCash: 500
Thanks spectr17!

I just wanted to give a shout-out to spectr17 for being pretty darn reliable with game highlgights and posting them so fast after the games.

Shoot even Yahoo uses his stuff:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/tensions-boil-over-wild-blues-game-suspensions-coming-224505784.html;_ylt=Aq3q_XzEZIP770jCKh3smOp7vLYF

I enjoy these video's when I can't watch the game but I want to see some highlights on my phone during or shortly after the game.

Thanks spectr17

(P.S. Yes, I posted this on stltoday too )

FilthyNote* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:53 AM
danglzzz

Agreed! Thanks man!

danglzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:04 AM
Fred Murtz

Thanks everyone, it's just my little way to give back to the Blues and Blues community.

Hoping to update to HD video here with a new computer I'm building right now.

All the periods from today are up along with pre game and post game and intermission stuff. For some reason my DVR cut off after the post game today with Wild game. Not sure if Hitchcock gave a presser or not on FSMW Blues Live show at end, I lost maybe 10 mins of the post game show. Looks like the Panger Award was one thing missed.

I'm blacked out for Chicago game but I'm working on how to stream it off that NBC Sports site and then back to computer for capture.

Comments, suggestions, ideas etc are always welcome. Thanks.

Last edited by Fred Murtz: 04-03-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:09 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectr17 View Post
Thanks everyone, it's just my little way to give back to the Blues and Blues community. The Youtube Channel is here

http://www.youtube.com/user/spectr17

Hoping to update to HD video here with a new computer I'm building right now.

All the periods from today are up along with pre game and post game and intermission stuff. For some reason my DVR cut off after the post game today with Wild game. Not sure if Hitchcock gave a presser or not on FSMW Blues Live show at end, I lost maybe 10 mins of the post game show.

I'm blacked out for Chicago game but I'm working on how to stream it off that NBC Sports site and then back to computer for capture.

Comments, suggestions, ideas etc are always welcome. Thanks.

Read more: http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/...#ixzz1moSX96FH
already in on your YT list!

great work man, really appriciate that!

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:14 AM
h22prelude93

Awesome job spectr! Thanks alot!!!

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:30 AM
france62

I'm from Canada, so I'm only able to watch the games through Center Ice. I really enjoy those interviews

Thanks

france62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:20 AM
FilthyNote*

Quote:
Originally Posted by france62 View Post
I'm from Canada, so I'm only able to watch the games through Center Ice. I really enjoy those interviews

Thanks
Great point! I watch on gamecenter too. And yeah I can watch highlights if I miss a game but there is never a time where I can watch any sort of post-game or interviews with gamecenter so spectr's video's are great!

Old
02-19-2012, 11:26 AM
OhNoLookOutRUN

I like to imagine that spectr is a gorgeous twenty-something blonde woman who lives alone and watches hockey religiously sitting in the dark wearing nothing but a vintage Plager sweater.

I don't care if it's not the truth, don't ruin this for me, I HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT WOMAN EXISTS

OhNoLookOutRUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Thank you as well, I get center ice but don't get to see a lot of the pre and post stuff - well actually none of it is shown for the most part, so it's pretty cool I can see it here!

Sushiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:58 PM
PlagerBros*

No offense to him, but I'd rather he start a GDT Video thread. Too often discussion gets lost in the GDT threads because of his videos. I appreciate him doing it, but think it would be better in it's own thread, especially when he links ten videos at the end of the game.

PlagerBros* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:23 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChChChChimo View Post
No offense to him, but I'd rather he start a GDT Video thread. Too often discussion gets lost in the GDT threads because of his videos. I appreciate him doing it, but think it would be better in it's own thread, especially when he links ten videos at the end of the game.
I disagree with you, but if that's the popular sentiment here it can certainly be done. I would vote to continue leaving it inside the pertinent game thread.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:27 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

vCash: 260
Please leave the videos in the thread. It is helpful and I dont have to track 2 threads AND the game as well!

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:01 PM
FilthyNote*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChChChChimo View Post
Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
Please leave the videos in the thread. It is helpful and I dont have to track 2 threads AND the game as well!
Agree.

The only reason I would want a separate thread would be so they are easier to find. Like maybe a post GDT video thread or something that has a compiled list of all the video's for said game. But until the game is over it's great to get the video's in the GDT as they happen. It helps support a lot of the discussion and shows posters that there is no reason for them not to have seen the big plays when maybe arguing certain points. However it's easy to just go to spectr's YT channel though and see the list of video's.

Last edited by FilthyNote*: 02-19-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old
02-19-2012, 10:07 PM
simon in canada

I would also like to express my appreciation and admiration for spectre17's work. My work scedule does not allow for me to watch a lot of games, and even when I am home streaming them I enjoy going back to review the highlights. Thanks again!

simon in canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Chicago Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by danglzzz View Post
Agreed! Thanks man!
Seconded

Chicago Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:23 AM
PogoElGato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Blues View Post
Seconded
Thirded

PogoElGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:29 AM
SoulChaser17

I will also express my appreciation for spectr17. Aside from you having my favorite number in your username, you also provide a lot of great videos. I usually have time to catch the games, but I often like to see the replays that you thankfully post. As well as the post-game interviews and such. It's quite helpful.

So thank you for existing!

SoulChaser17 is offline   Reply With Quote