HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Kevin Dupont takes Shots @ Hab Fans & Montreal

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
Again Kevin Dupont, what do you have to say to the Bruins fans cheering when Mason Raymond broke his back?
Both are classless, and the author is hypocritical. But, you're pointing at that incident to bring forth their lack of class. And I agree with you. But Habs fans did the same thing. Calling them out doesn't make you any les classless. So you basically do the same things you complain they do. Not very mature.

P.S. not saying the fan base is classless, just making a point.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:44 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Both are classless, and the author is hypocritical. But, you're pointing at that incident to bring forth their lack of class. And I agree with you. But Habs fans did the same thing. Calling them out doesn't make you any les classless. So you basically do the same things you complain they do. Not very mature.

Yes Montreal should be more like Ottawa. A true model of support

Old
02-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

all large groups of hockey fans have been known to get drunk and do stupid things. writing about it like it's a meaningful phenomenon, outside of very, very rare instances, is lazy journalism and nothing more.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Yes Montreal should be more like Ottawa. A true model of support
Is it seriously all you do? Point the other way? What does Ottawa have to do with this? Is it not possible to have a rational intelligent exchange?

Old
02-19-2012, 01:56 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Is it seriously all you do? Point the other way? What does Ottawa have to do with this? Is it not possible to have a rational intelligent exchange?
No because you really don't understand the situation.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
No because you really don't understand the situation.
Yes, I do.

So what you're saying is that all analysts who have been critical of the crowd's reaction "don't understand the situation"?

Old
02-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Yes, I do.

So what you're saying is that all analysts who have been critical of the crowd's reaction "don't understand the situation"?
Indeed.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Indeed.
So people who are paid to watch many teams and have a better understanding of the game than us and were critical of the situation were so because they don't understand. You think that if they would, they would defend the actions?

Wow... Talk about living in a bubble... No point having this discussion. Good luck the rest of the season.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:05 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Who is Kevin Dupont?
I said the same thing.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
So people who are paid to watch many teams and have a better understanding of the game than us and were critical of the situation were so because they don't understand. You think that if they would, they would defend the actions?

Wow... Talk about living in a bubble... No point having this discussion. Good luck the rest of the season.
Maybe they aren't Canadiens fans. They can't understand how we were after Chara destroyed Pacioretty, they can't. They don't know how it feels.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:10 PM
JohnLennon

Kevin Dupont had his feelings hurt by Habs fan cheering the fact Chara took a puck to his face, and made a reactionary article.

Typical Bostonian

I'm sorry but this piece is as hypocritical as it gets. Why do so many Bruins fans have to embarrass the fanbase all the time? Terrible article.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Maybe they aren't Canadiens fans. They can't understand how we were after Chara destroyed Pacioretty, they can't. They don't know how it feels.
You do understand that similar incidents have happened before, right?

Old
02-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Like the Chara - Pacioretty one? Are you kidding me.

Oh please, don't tell me Johnson did the same thing to Ryan Smyth. Please...

Old
02-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

well look theres no use of denying it, alot of montreal fans are morons and classless but not all. Every fan base has them, the bigger the fan base and the more popular the team, the more assclown fans there are. If anyone thinks montreal fans are the image of class and we do no wrong they have the thickest homer glasses on.

That being said, what gets to me about bruin fans and media is that they or the teams always do something first, come up with an excuse and then go into an outrage when it happens to them. They cheer injuries, then one of their players gets a boo boo and they're outraged but forget they did the same thing in a worse situation just a couple of months ago. The worst part is that their media just feeds them what they want to hear so they get this false idea that they're always right. Montreals media on the other hand called out the fans that cheered chara getting a puck to the face.

And here is the last difference, Montreal players were not happy with the cheering, and pleky even went up to chara to see if he's ok. I'm not so sure a bruin would do the same.

I love the bruins to be honest, they are my 2nd favorite team and only time i cheer against them is when they play the habs, but some of their fans and media are the biggest hypocrites out there, but i'm sure they feel the same about habs fans

Old
02-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Like the Chara - Pacioretty one? Are you kidding me.

Oh please, don't tell me Johnson did the same thing to Ryan Smyth. Please...
Have you ever watched Scott Stevens play? Any play where there is debatable intent to injure is the same

Old
02-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Exactly the type of self-important crap we knew we'd be reading after the Bruins won the cup.

I don't think anything personally, especially from the least classy organization in the league. If a Canadiens player dies on Boston ice they'd still be cheering.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Exactly the type of self-important crap we knew we'd be reading after the Bruins won the cup.

I don't think anything personally, especially from the least classy organization in the league. If a Canadiens player dies on Boston ice they'd still be cheering.
I agree. And it's classless. So the answer is to lower yourselves to their standards? Anyway, I made my point and thought there were more reasonable posters on here. Maybe just not in this thread

Old
02-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Have you ever watched Scott Stevens play? Any play where there is debatable intent to injure is the same
I started watching hockey in 2003 so I do not have a lot of memories about Scott Stevens. But anyways, they can't understand us. I'm sorry.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
I'm wondering what he'd write about this:

Strong hockey play

The fans were simply applauding to what their IQ perceives.

Yeah..

Old
02-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
wait a minute
please show an incident where this started a couple of games earlier in the season

Patches pushes chara out of the way when he scored the OT winner. Pisses chara off, then next game, Chara slashes patches near the ankle, then the game following that Patches gets destroyed

Truth of the matter is Chara was out to hurt patches, he was NOT trying to injure him however that was an unfortunate consequence and i honestly believe chara did not want to injure Max just hurt him.

Truth of the matter is that had Chara just let it roll and not kept a grudge, he would have been a bit less reckless, would of let up abit more and Patches would not have been injured that badly. So because this was building up, no there are no similar incidents unless you count bertuzzi/moore

Old
02-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I started watching hockey in 2003 so I do not have a lot of memories about Scott Stevens. But anyways, they can't understand us. I'm sorry.
who doesnt understands us?
and what dont they understand?

Old
02-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
who doesnt understands us?
and what dont they understand?
About this:
Quote:
Indeed.

What he said: So people who are paid to watch many teams and have a better understanding of the game than us and were critical of the situation were so because they don't understand. You think that if they would, they would defend the actions?

Old
02-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Haaabs

What Chara did to MaxPac was premeditated. He knew who it was and what he was doing, he just wasn't expecting to break his neck, just hurt him.

Had he apologized and admitted his mistake, Habs fans probably wouldn't have had that reaction.

That's not what happened though. Chara said MaxPac jumped into the turnbuckle, that he didn't know who was on the ice, where he was on the ice.

Habs fans have shown class when other players have gotten injured in the Bell Centre. Chara won't be shown any mercy or class from Habs fans though, and to me, I feel that its justified.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
**** no he didn't...what he get? Oh boohoo some interviews. He got a big standing O at home after the incident and raised the ultimate prize 3 ****ing months later. Give me a break with facing the music...he didn't face **** yet.

I guess no one remembers Chara saying he didn't do anything wrong on the play, how the Bruins thought it was a freaking strong hockey play. How ****ing Mark Recchi got his MD in a week and analyzed Max post concussion symptoms.

I will have no respect for Chara and if I was there I would have started an OLE chant after he got hit in the face.
Well that's you.

The music he faced was receiving negative exposure on all news outlets. It was sort of diluted when some fans decided to take matters into their own hands and call the cops but regardless, the rest of the world saw that Chara had made a careless play causing a serious injury. He was booed in other arenas after the incident. It may be nothing compared to what he should have received - a suspension - but he put some negative light on himself.

I put Recchi's comments and the Bruins fans in attendance aside and concentrate on the incident itself and what Chara did/say. He went into a defensive shell and made claims that were not true, but it's what he did afterwards that redeemed himself with the Canadiens organization as well as Pacioretty. He apologized.

Whether you and the some other Habs fans like it or not, this issue is now dead and put to rest. Pacioretty has accepted the apology and moved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaabs View Post
Had he apologized and admitted his mistake, Habs fans probably wouldn't have had that reaction.

That's not what happened though. Chara said MaxPac jumped into the turnbuckle, that he didn't know who was on the ice, where he was on the ice.
He then did a 180, called Max up and apologized to him. Pacioretty accepted the apology and has moved on.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
''But cheering someone’s injury, while by no means unique to Habs fans, is detestable and ugly''

-Dupont

That is also my take on the topic.

Closed Thread