HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors) PART II

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 04:18 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Did I miss something? Rick Nash presser @ 545?

Quote:
Jim Cerny @JimCerny Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Yes, I will be there RT @stephennyr89: @JimCerny will anyone have coverage of Rick nash presser at 5:45 ?

Old
02-19-2012, 04:18 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

It's not just between Parise and Nash. You're all fooling yourselves if you think Ryan isn't going to be available eventually, and other options will present themselves this summer, also. Just as it makes little sense for Columbus to deal Nash now, when the list of suitors and what they're willing to give up is smaller than what it could be in the summer, it makes just as little sense for the Rangers to move on Nash now when their options and flexibility will be much greater following the season. If we really have faith in what this club has been building towards, then we don't need to upgrade now.

This season is not a failure if we don't win the Stanley Cup, which is the line of thinking that is driving this Nash business.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:20 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Did I miss something? Rick Nash presser @ 545?
this has become entertaining more than anything else

Old
02-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
I would take Nash if it doesn't cost a ton. I would not take Nash if they have to trade away Dubinsky + Kreider + Sauer + 1st.

It's really that simple.

If we are talking Dubinsky + Thomas + 1st then I pull the trigger.
switch Anisimov over Dubinsky and id do that.. much rather deal Anisimov over Dubinsky, Dubinsky is noticeable when he isnt scoring..Anisimov seems like a floater at times although he does has skill not the mentality i dont think to get it done..

Old
02-19-2012, 04:22 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
I would take Nash if it doesn't cost a ton. I would not take Nash if they have to trade away Dubinsky + Kreider + Sauer + 1st.

It's really that simple.

If we are talking Dubinsky + Thomas + 1st then I pull the trigger.
100% this.

I do not give up Kreider...period. I don't see Cigarboy pulling any trigger where Kreider is involved. It just isn't smart business and it would be a risky and tangential move considering the path we've been on.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:24 PM
JeffMangum
Herrrooooiiinnnn

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Seriously. This whole thing is like a soap opera. "The list".

This should be good...

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-19-2012, 04:24 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
switch Anisimov over Dubinsky and id do that.. much rather deal Anisimov over Dubinsky, Dubinsky is noticeable when he isnt scoring..Anisimov seems like a floater at times although he does has skill not the mentality i dont think to get it done..
I would rather have Anisimov @ ~2 million than Dubinsky @ ~ 4 million. Just my opinion

Old
02-19-2012, 04:26 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
It's Rick Nash's version of "The Decision".

Don't know why a player would have a press conference. Being interviewed sure, i'm sure a lot of reporters have questions about how he is dealing with all the trade rumors, where he would prefer to go, what he is looking for in his next team, etc.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
I would rather have Anisimov @ ~2 million than Dubinsky @ ~ 4 million. Just my opinion
well gotta pay that extra 2 for calling Crosby a baby and going after Ovechkin and sticking up for teammates.

Old
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Don't think a deal would work short term or long term if Dubinsky is not included in the deal. Anisimov doesn't make enough to negate adding Nash's salary.

Old
JoeRangers

Maybe its a press conference to say he won't waive his NMC until after season

Old
02-19-2012, 04:28 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersbaby View Post
1. So what your telling me is that you would rather have Richards than Nash at the same cap hit. That's just nuts to me.... You must have a better hockey iq than the brain trust at team Canada or the rest of the gms in the NHL. Because I guarantee you Columbus would not do Nash for Richards straight up.
Where are you getting ANY of this from? I never said anything about Richards' cap hit vs. Nash's cap hit. If Nash were making ~6 million per season, he'd be closer to his value. He's not. He's making almost 8 million per season. For a player who has only been top 20 in scoring ONCE. I could frankly not care less what you think Columbus would do. Richards won't be offered for Nash, so it's irrelevant.

Quote:
How can you comment on a guys ceiling or ppg numbers when he plays in Columbus against top dmen every night. They know if he doesn't beat you no one else on that team will. You also forget that playing for team Canada with good players is great but they are also playing against the other best players in the world... I love it that you give him a whole year to adjust like he's playing a new sport or turned into a dman or something. It's not a new system he's playing he had torts before. I thought he started out the year great in camp and the first month. Now he looks slow, soft and uninspired. I hope he turns it around but he is definitely not living up to current contract.
On Nash--I can comment because he's not a freaking rookie. He's been in the league a LONG time and he's failed to play up to his contract in every season but one. Again, Nash has NOT been alone. That little narrative has been newly created by Columbus fans to justify asking the moon for him. Columbus sucks because their goalie is below average and their defense sucks. They have often had decent FORWARDS (Vyborny, Vermette, Carter, Umberger, Zherdev, etc etc). When people point that out, we get to hear all about how so and so isn't the KIND of help that Nash needs. For a superstar on a top-5 contract in the league, he sure seems to need a LOT of help to do anything worthwhile.

And yes, while on team Canada, Nash plays against the best players in the world...for team Germany and the like. Canada is far and away the best team in the world. It's the only team in the world with a bonafide all star at every position. And even in that environment, Nash has been average. Dubinsky tore up the world championships for team USA a couple of years ago. Why don't people mention it? Because the competition just wasn't very good. What happens in the NHL is what matters, and Nash hasn't lived up to his contract in the NHL.

On Richards, I'm also using a pesky thing like his history to predict his future. He has been a dominant playoff performer. The last time he was traded, he had a lousy first season with his new team. He's been saying FROM THE START (ie- even when he was playing well) that it would take awhile to adjust to his new teammates (particularly since the Rangers core has been together for awhile now). He's also stated (as has Torts) that the Rangers do NOT play anything close to the same system that Torts' Tampa Bay team played. The last time, Richards needed a season to build chemistry and get on the same page as his new teammates. He followed it up with a 90+ point season. I have more confidence that Richards can do that again than I do in Nash to do that (since Nash has never come close).

Quote:

2. 7.8 for Nash who could possibly get you 40 the next 6 years and it also gives Richards some help producing which he desperately needs. Or dubi plus the contract of wolski or Avery on your roster. Nash all day. Even without getting them to take wolski as a salary dump I would still prefer the ceiling of Nash at 3.8 More than dubi. This also gets an extra elc on the roster next year... Kreider, miller???? Better than going out and signing another wolski or frolov for 3.5 this summer.
Nash is going to score 40 for the next 6 years? That's interesting, since he's only done it twice in his career. Also, who was talking about Wolski or Avery? Avery is gone and Wolski is on his way out the door. 3.5 million could get you a very good player. And which ELC's do you think will make the roster? Kreider and/or Miller will certainly be requested by Columbus.

Bottom line--Nash scores ~10 to 20 points more than Dubinsky while providing none of the grit, defense or physicality. 10 to 20 more points, particularly when subtracting the other traits, isn't worth a further 3.5 million on the cap. Nash is Gomez all over again, where people want the shiny name with the draft pedigree while ignoring the fact that he hasn't ever produced at a level commensurate with his salary. You don't sign/trade for a player HOPING that they will start scoring at a 7.8 million dollar pace. If you give up assets like those being discussed, they had damned well better go for a player who has ALREADY proven that he can score at that level. For crying out loud--LEARN from the mistakes this team has already made, and don't hope for them to repeat those mistakes because you think it will be different this time. That's how the pre-lockout Rangers got so bad.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:29 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
But then who would we talk about? Ryan? That was SO last month lol.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Don't think a deal would work short term or long term if Dubinsky is not included in the deal. Anisimov doesn't make enough to negate adding Nash's salary.
they would have to take Wolski

Old
02-19-2012, 04:30 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
that would be pretty stupid

Old
02-19-2012, 04:33 PM
MSG the place to be*

Dubinsky is one of 4 forwards who play balls out on the PK. When Torts did trial runs with Stepan-Cally it backfired and you saw later in those games that Dubi and Cally were reunited. #dubifact

Old
02-19-2012, 04:35 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Or just a pregame press conference discussing his take on the situation, comments on his team and how his team is doing.

Nothing to see here...

Old
02-19-2012, 04:37 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Dubinsky is one of 4 forwards who play balls out on the PK. When Torts did trial runs with Stepan-Cally it backfired and you saw later in those games that Dubi and Cally were reunited. #dubifact
The Rangers have PLENTY of player who can play well on the PK.

Callahan
Dubinsky
Fedotenko
Anisimov
Hagelin
Mitchell

These guys have all played on the PK at some point as well:

Stepan
Richards
Gaborik

Nash can also PK.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:40 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
Or just a pregame press conference discussing his take on the situation, comments on his team and how his team is doing.

Nothing to see here...
Since when do players do that? Nash never does press conferences. Interviews, yes. Press Conf, no

Old
02-19-2012, 04:41 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Where are you getting ANY of this from? I never said anything about Richards' cap hit vs. Nash's cap hit. If Nash were making ~6 million per season, he'd be closer to his value. He's not. He's making almost 8 million per season. For a player who has only been top 20 in scoring ONCE. I could frankly not care less what you think Columbus would do. Richards won't be offered for Nash, so it's irrelevant.

On Nash--I can comment because he's not a freaking rookie. He's been in the league a LONG time and he's failed to play up to his contract in every season but one. Again, Nash has NOT been alone. That little narrative has been newly created by Columbus fans to justify asking the moon for him. Columbus sucks because their goalie is below average and their defense sucks. They have often had decent FORWARDS (Vyborny, Vermette, Carter, Umberger, Zherdev, etc etc). When people point that out, we get to hear all about how so and so isn't the KIND of help that Nash needs. For a superstar on a top-5 contract in the league, he sure seems to need a LOT of help to do anything worthwhile.

And yes, while on team Canada, Nash plays against the best players in the world...for team Germany and the like. Canada is far and away the best team in the world. It's the only team in the world with a bonafide all star at every position. And even in that environment, Nash has been average. Dubinsky tore up the world championships for team USA a couple of years ago. Why don't people mention it? Because the competition just wasn't very good. What happens in the NHL is what matters, and Nash hasn't lived up to his contract in the NHL.

On Richards, I'm also using a pesky thing like his history to predict his future. He has been a dominant playoff performer. The last time he was traded, he had a lousy first season with his new team. He's been saying FROM THE START (ie- even when he was playing well) that it would take awhile to adjust to his new teammates (particularly since the Rangers core has been together for awhile now). He's also stated (as has Torts) that the Rangers do NOT play anything close to the same system that Torts' Tampa Bay team played. The last time, Richards needed a season to build chemistry and get on the same page as his new teammates. He followed it up with a 90+ point season. I have more confidence that Richards can do that again than I do in Nash to do that (since Nash has never come close).

Nash is going to score 40 for the next 6 years? That's interesting, since he's only done it twice in his career. Also, who was talking about Wolski or Avery? Avery is gone and Wolski is on his way out the door. 3.5 million could get you a very good player. And which ELC's do you think will make the roster? Kreider and/or Miller will certainly be requested by Columbus.

Bottom line--Nash scores ~10 to 20 points more than Dubinsky while providing none of the grit, defense or physicality. 10 to 20 more points, particularly when subtracting the other traits, isn't worth a further 3.5 million on the cap. Nash is Gomez all over again, where people want the shiny name with the draft pedigree while ignoring the fact that he hasn't ever produced at a level commensurate with his salary. You don't sign/trade for a player HOPING that they will start scoring at a 7.8 million dollar pace. If you give up assets like those being discussed, they had damned well better go for a player who has ALREADY proven that he can score at that level. For crying out loud--LEARN from the mistakes this team has already made, and don't hope for them to repeat those mistakes because you think it will be different this time. That's how the pre-lockout Rangers got so bad.
I don't agree with the bolded. Nash scores 10 to 20 more GOALS a season then Dubinsky and 20 to 30 more points:

Nash (Start with his most 2010-11 and moving down in years):

32g 66pts
33g 67pts
40g 79pts
38g 69pts
27g 57pts
31g 54pts (Ony played 54 games that year)
41g 57pts

Dubinsky:

24g 54pts (8 fewer goals/12 fewer pts)
20g 44pts (13 fewer goals/23 fewer pts)
13g 41pts (27 fewer goals/38 fewer pts)
14g 40pts (24 fewer goals/29 fewer pts)

This year Dubinksy is on pace for 8 goals and 36pts where as Nash is on pace for 25 goals and 54pts. Both are not having the best of seasons.

Old
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
totally agree

Quote:
The Rangers have PLENTY of player who can play well on the PK.

Callahan
Dubinsky
Fedotenko
Anisimov
Hagelin
Mitchell

These guys have all played on the PK at some point as well:

Stepan
Richards
Gaborik

Nash can also PK.
Exactly. Dubi just makes too much money for what he does. I think he makes the most sense in any package deal for a star.

Old
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Has a player ever announced a trade himself at a press conference? lol

02-19-2012, 04:42 PM
NYR Viper

Here is the other question:

Can Nash become a perennial 35-45 goal scorer? If so, he is worth the contract the same way Gaborik is.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:43 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Here is the other question:

Can Nash become a perennial 35-45 goal scorer? If so, he is worth the contract the same way Gaborik is.
I really think he can with BR.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Cmox

There's a presser because it's hockey day and Nash has been in the NHL news. I don't think him having a presser has anything to do with him actually being traded.

Closed Thread