HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Kevin Dupont takes Shots @ Hab Fans & Montreal

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 04:38 PM
SouthernHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
No, you are missing the point. I don't care whether they think its classless or not. I just don't feel the need to defend it to anyone.

You are giving your rivals exactly what they want.
No, you are missing the point.

I dont care what rivals think, including Sens boy. He just needs to take his condescension back to his board when talking about Chara and the Habs.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:40 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
No, you are missing the point.

I dont care what rivals think, including Sens boy. He just needs to take his condescension back to his board when talking about Chara and the Habs.
Then why do you keep responding to him. He would have been gone a long time ago.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Lshap

Quote:
You just pointed out the difference between you and I.

You think that its important to be seen in a good light to "other fans" with your posts here.

Me, I dont give a **** what fans of other teams think about what I post. Its the freakin' internet.

Edit. And if my beiing happy that Chara had a little blood on his chin from a puck and some think that is classless..........So?
I've been reading your posts for awhile and consider you one of the most reasonable, objective people here. But in this case, your emotions have got the better of you. Don't get me wrong, there's a part of me that instinctively thought, "YES!!" when I heard Chara got hit. But this is the type of pure emotional response I've learned is best kept to myself. It's certainly not a quality our fan base should be bragging about. I've seen enough of Boston's ugly side, but saying "They do it too!" is a poor defense, even if true.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Habs

I wonder how he felt about Ference fingering the Montreal crowd?

Old
02-19-2012, 04:51 PM
E = CH²

I believe in an eye for an eye.

I don't think Chara got punished justly for his despicable actions.

I'm still waiting for justice. I wish that puck to the face had done more damage. Call me classless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
As a writer in Boston, his job is to write something that sells to the local audience. I doubt they want to read how they are all hypocrites for making a fuss over Habs fans cheering an injury when they have done next to the same thing. They want to pick up the newspaper or click on the link and read about how stupid Habs fans are or how bad the Canadiens are doing, if the article itself involves the Habs.
Journalistic integrity be damned. The piece read like a fan rant more than anything. KPD is kind of a joke. I don't care that he posts here, I hope he reads this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Nothing but a "kick 'em while they're down" piece by a stone-thrower living in a glass house.
Solid post.

Last edited by E = CH²: 02-19-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old
02-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I've been reading your posts for awhile and consider you one of the most reasonable, objective people here. But in this case, your emotions have got the better of you. Don't get me wrong, there's a part of me that instinctively thought, "YES!!" when I heard Chara got hit. But this is the type of pure emotional response I've learned is best kept to myself. It's certainly not a quality our fan base should be bragging about. I've seen enough of Boston's ugly side, but saying "They do it too!" is a poor defense, even if true.
That's what I'm trying to say.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
If you're refering to me, come on. Of course that's classless. Perhaps worse. He's a professional and paid to be there. You just can't do that. That's another example of emotions taking over for the worst.

By the same token, you can't pour beer on players in the penalty box, throw bananas on the ice or boo either national anthem.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Probably nothing, equipment malfunction.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:37 PM
AntonCH

Volchenkov just got hit in the face and not a sound out of the crowd

Perhaps we can give Dupont a road map to the the neanderthals they call bruins fans and he may then understand

Old
02-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
If you're refering to me, come on. Of course that's classless. Perhaps worse. He's a professional and paid to be there. You just can't do that. That's another example of emotions taking over for the worst.

By the same token, you can't pour beer on players in the penalty box, throw bananas on the ice or boo either national anthem.
Thing is, I would prefer to see "Some Habs fans were stupid" and "Some Bruins fans were stupid" than condemning an ENTIRE fanbase. And again, while KPD article is fine in itself.....NOBODY from either fanbase can lecture the other. Of course, you do it so we can do it is totally stupid and dumb. But who the heck is KPD to explain who the Habs fans are all about? That article would have been perfect with an explanation of both fanbases and how with examples, it could go too far. He began and stopped at Habs fans.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:28 PM
pucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
So if Subban takes a puck in the face in Boston what will be the fan reaction?

Dumb article.

Montreal fans are passionate but to use Chara's puck chin as the premise is dumb.
Are fans still yapping about the Chara hit? Montreal fans are the only ones who think it was malicious. If the stanchion wasn't such a bad design, he wouldn't have been hurt as bad.

You guys think Chara planned the entire thing and timed it so Pac would go into the stanchion?!? Really?!? And it really made sense to call 911, too, right?

There's no medical staffs at hockey games. They need the fans to call 911?!?

And Subban?!? Where does he factor into this? That is just childish.... we should speculate how Boston fans would react based on?

Btw, Subban actually has a rep of slewfooting so if he goes down, I think there would be some fans from every team nodding their head. It doesn't mean the entire fan base is bad.

Sorry, Hab fans, I don't see you guys making sense who are still complaining about the incident that is, what, a year old now?

Old
02-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucky View Post
Are fans still yapping about the Chara hit? Montreal fans are the only ones who think it was malicious. If the stanchion wasn't such a bad design, he wouldn't have been hurt as bad.

You guys think Chara planned the entire thing and timed it so Pac would go into the stanchion?!? Really?!? And it really made sense to call 911, too, right?

And Subban?!? Where does he factor into this? That is just childish.... we should speculate how Boston fans would react based on?

Btw, Subban actually has a rep of slewfooting so if he goes down, I think there would be some fans from every team nodding their head. It doesn't mean the entire fan base is bad.

Sorry, Hab fans, I don't see you guys making sense who are still complaining about the incident that is, what, a year old now?
Hey yo reality check here. This is a thread about a KPD article about Habs fans and he talks about the Chara event. How about he stops talking about it? Montreal fans are the only ones that think it's malicious? Based on what? The main hockey board? Well, first that,s not true. Then, even if there are more that might think it wasn't....how the hell does that board an indication of what REALLY happened? Not sure if you noticed, but everytime there's a chance to dump on the Habs and their fanbase, this main board is a reunion of all the losers who have nothing else but to feel they are part of something and in unison bash the Habs. And you know what? They start doing that for Boston fans too. And I can tell you that TONS of things Boston fans felt about this or that gesture, most of that board dissaproved.....were they right then? Of course they aren't.

As far as any Subban or whoever let say Matt Cooke examples, this is just an explanation as to why KPD article ('cause again, just remember what the title of the thread is all about) should have included EVERY fanbase and not just the Habs one. Oh and are you actually the one saying we should stop talking about the Chara incident and yet....how many years do you think that some Bruins fans will stop talking about the 9-1-1 calls, calls that have been TOTALLY bashed by our very own board at 99% of its members.

See, your reply doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. Like I keep saying, NEITHER fanbase should lecture the other. Yet, when one does it, are you really surprised that there's a reply by the other one? Really?

Old
02-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucky View Post

In case you didn't read, this thread is about an article written by a Boston writer. His feelings were hurt when Montrealers cheered Chara's injury and he brought up the year-old subject. Some fans here have pointed out how ridiculous his article is, how factually wrong and hypocritical it is, not to mention whiny.

Your childish need to hit back doesn't surprise me, but you should be a bit more careful with your facts, many of which are plain wrong. As a fan without the right information, it's understandable; for Kevin Dupont, a journalist, it's not.

Old
02-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Marchy79

Deleted

Last edited by Marchy79: 02-19-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old
02-19-2012, 07:09 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Ssss!#eeee3|#q``````````````````111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111./
Meds wear off?
or you walked away from your comp only to discover that your cat can post almost as intelligently as you can?

Just wondering......................................... ....

Old
02-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
Meds wear off?
or you walked away from your comp only to discover that your cat can post almost as intelligently as you can?

Just wondering......................................... ....
Darn kids lol locked the bathroom door & found out I posted this here lol.

Anyhow... Go Habs Go.
Dupont's article is nothing more than filler on an apparent slow news day.

I dont know how any Bruin with the history of Chara expects good things from a pro Montreal crowd, Just in consideration of the history that he has comprised here.

Last edited by Marchy79: 02-19-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old
02-19-2012, 07:20 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words.

When I saw Volchenkov get hit by the puck, my first thought was that I hoped he was OK. Just like it is with pretty much every NHL player.

I dont get any satisfaction or happiness from seeing Peverley out for the season. I hope he comes back soon from his injury. Ditto for any other Bruins player (including guys like McQuaid and Ference who play hard)........other than Chara, Thornton and Lucic. Call it emotion, but it does not bother me one bit to see them in a little pain since they are always dishing it out.

Old
02-19-2012, 07:23 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

wtv, i lold HARD when chara got knicked. but it was mostly attributed to delerium and disbelief. i was like "no. fkn. way." it was the sheer irony of him getting taken down. and i loved plek's immediate "oh *****" face. especially on the replay, it looked like that play had no business happening. chara just got trolled by the hockey gods. virtually harmless fun.

Old
02-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words.

When I saw Volchenkov get hit by the puck, my first thought was that I hoped he was OK. Just like it is with pretty much every NHL player.

I dont get any satisfaction or happiness from seeing Peverley out for the season. I hope he comes back soon from his injury. Ditto for any other Bruins player (including guys like McQuaid and Ference who play hard)........other than Chara, Thornton and Lucic. Call it emotion, but it does not bother me one bit to see them in a little pain since they are always dishing it out.
Shame on you for wishing pain on Chara, Thornton and Lucic...

and forgetting about Marchand.

Seriously, I admit I feel the same way. At the same time, I'd like to think the typical Montreal reaction is the one that gave Volchenkov a warm ovation when he got up.

Old
02-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Davebo
beep beep

"Kevin Dupont takes Shots @ Hab Fans & Montreal"

Who?

Old
02-19-2012, 08:24 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Shame on you for wishing pain on Chara, Thornton and Lucic...

and forgetting about Marchand.

Seriously, I admit I feel the same way. At the same time, I'd like to think the typical Montreal reaction is the one that gave Volchenkov a warm ovation when he got up.
Damn, I did leave the beak out.

Exactly regarding your last statement.

Old
02-19-2012, 08:30 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Damn, I did leave the beak out.

Exactly regarding your last statement.
You also forgot Ference.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Toeman18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Can't read his article, I got my 24 stanley cups statuettes blocking my computer screen
On top of everything else, he says we've only won 23 cups...Beantown dick!

Old
02-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
"Kevin Dupont takes Shots @ Hab Fans & Montreal"

Who?
Nobody.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:32 PM
le_sean

Maybe we need to take Dupont to a South American or European soccer game. His head would explode at the things said and chanted in those venues.

Closed Thread