Old
02-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
As a Blues fan I am very disappointed. 1 game? Really? I bet if that was some other teams top player like Toews or Datsyuk getting crosschecked to the dome he would have gave him some actual discipline instead of this little slap on the wrist. Total BS.
Cry me a river, just likes Backes did. Must say, I enjoyed watching that lowlife on his knees. Served him right, too bad Shanny only looked at the result, not what happened before.

I think Backes shoud've been suspended for that hit vs Spurgy. Call me homer, go ahead, but I know I'm right on this.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:59 PM
h22prelude93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Cry me a river, just likes Backes did. Must say, I enjoyed watching that lowlife on his knees. Served him right, too bad Shanny only looked at the result, not what happened before.

I think Backes shoud've been suspended for that hit vs Spurgy. Call me homer, go ahead, but I know I'm right on this.
Okay sure, you're a homer. Spurgeon clearly blew a tire and fell into the boards. Then three of your goons surrounded Backes while Peters cowardly crosschecked him in the face. But hey ya know stay classy...I'm sure that's working out really well for you.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Okay sure, you're a homer. Spurgeon clearly blew a tire and fell into the boards. Then three of your goons surrounded Backes while Peters cowardly crosschecked him in the face. But hey ya know stay classy...I'm sure that's working out really well for you.
While not taking Peters' side, I wouldn't call them goons. I've got no problem with Backes.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
1 game? Wow. Not what I expected at all.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Haite
x

vCash: 2465
I was expecting more, and feel like more was deserved. Perhaps the fact that the shoulder was the primary contact, and that Peters was a first-timer made the difference.

Haite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:06 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Fair suspension, expected more. Dumb explanation by shanadumbass.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Butch getting 2 is more of a travesty than this.

WHAT THE **** EVER!!

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:02 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

First; In no way am I saying Peters isnt' wrong here. I had hard words about it afterward.

However;

Serious question...

Where did the "third man in" argument come from? I saw it all over twitter. Did those people just watch the highlight?

In the highlight, it looks like Peters comes in from out of scene. Hence, I guess I can logically see how someone would think that was a "third man in" situation.

However, the sequence of events as a whole turns that into a fallacy.

Peters was chasing Backes when Backes tried, and failed due to Spurgeon falling, to run said mini-D into the boards. Peters followed Backes, whacking at his breezers two or three times before Backes essentially runs into the scrum with Spurgeon and Powe. Peters taps him in the upper arm lightly once, and then goes for the shoulder, misses and smacks Backes' head.

Dumb? Yes. Irresponsible? Yes. Viscious? No. Just dumb and irresponsible.

I figured that he would get 2.

Still, I lost a lot of respect for Peters. We don't need the Burrows-esque, lose my mind and my cool, dumb and irresponsible penalties like that on our team.

Again, I am mostly confused where this third man in fallacious argument originated. Just moronic.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:01 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:51 AM
El Nino22

Quote:
I am certainly surprised it was only 1 game, but I think the story is getting really stretched on both sides. Spurgeon was not boarded by Backes, he fell. However, watching it in real speed or just catching a glimpse of it I could see where players would react and go after Backes thinking he boarded Spurgeon. ( You have to remember Spurge is the smallest guy on the ice at all times so our guys really try to protect him).

As far as the cross check. Yeah it was a cross check, Peters went after him. But you can tell, and clearly see on the video Peters went at him stick to shoulder and his stick slide up and hit him in the head. Yes it is wrong and a penalty on either account, but there is a big difference between the head and the shoulder. So I think intent and a clean record went a long way in him only getting a game, not that I agree he should have only gotten 1 game.

El Nino22 is offline   Reply With Quote