HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks Trade "Getting Close"

Old
02-19-2012, 03:45 PM
shaner89

vCash: 500
McNeil for Schenn is laughable

McNeil is regressing and barley putting a ppg in his 3rd hearing the who.

Schenn is leading the NHL in hits for a dman on pace for 25 points. Pretty good for a defensive dman.

Let me know when McNeil makes an impact in the NHL. Then maybe a discussion can start

shaner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Mr Lahey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhawk View Post
He has been an NHLer since he was 18 because he has played for a piss poor team since he was 18. If he had been drafted by most other organizations he would have been playing junior until he was 20 and then in the AHL. The Leafs lack of talent and depth provided him an opportunity to play in the NHL so young.
More so because he was 6'2 and 230 and had very little to learn in Junior. Perhaps they could have sent him back and said to work on his offensive game. He has been a good Leaf in his years with us though. Again, he is a victim of a system he is not meant to play.

Throw John Carlson, Cam Fowler or a similar player in the run and gun system and it's fine, but with Luke, you need to be slowing the forwards down in the neutral zone and checking them hard along the boards. In our current system, our defense are constantly being told to pinch, which really ends up looking bad on them long term.

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:51 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleSmedsmosStache View Post
More so because he was 6'2 and 230 and had very little to learn in Junior. Perhaps they could have sent him back and said to work on his offensive game. He has been a good Leaf in his years with us though. Again, he is a victim of a system he is not meant to play.

Throw John Carlson, Cam Fowler or a similar player in the run and gun system and it's fine, but with Luke, you need to be slowing the forwards down in the neutral zone and checking them hard along the boards. In our current system, our defense are constantly being told to pinch, which really ends up looking bad on them long term.
See this is exactly the kind of defenseman we need to play a stay-at-home role. I am very adamant about this trade.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:52 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner89 View Post

Schenn is leading the NHL in hits for a dman on pace for 25 points. Pretty good for a defensive dman.

Let me know when McNeil makes an impact in the NHL. Then maybe a discussion can start
Hey you went to hockeydb and now you know everything about the prospect!!!! You are so smart!

How bout 3rd rounder for Kulemin? He'd fit nice on the 4th line since he is regressing fast and will finish with probably 30 points this year.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:55 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:

Straight up for Schenn I would not do it, Mark McNeill has not regressed at all though. You might want to check that.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:59 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid View Post
McNeil is already better than schenn. Schenn is a fat ****
Yes a prospect that has never played in the NHL is better then a NHL'er.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:01 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
A 2nd+ seems to be the going rate for depth defensemen. Toss in a prospect as well if Chicago is at or near the contract limit.
I'd trade a 2nd this year and a 5th next year for Erskine. That enough?

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:02 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhawk View Post
He has been an NHLer since he was 18 because he has played for a piss poor team since he was 18. If he had been drafted by most other organizations he would have been playing junior until he was 20 and then in the AHL. The Leafs lack of talent and depth provided him an opportunity to play in the NHL so young.
Schenn played in the NHL at 18 years old because he was good enough to, simple as that. There is no need to bash another organization while it was re-building, you are being childish.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:02 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:

How is McNeill regressing? He plays for one of the worst teams in the 'Dub and has been dominating the league since the Subway Super Series.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
He's not nearly done. Play him as a #6 or #7 and he's fine.
I meant he is probably only gonna be around 1 (Maybe 2) more years in NHL

Spacek is in twilight of his career

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:52 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Spacek always finds his way into a Hawks uniform every couple of years hah

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 steps View Post
QFT. I think Schenn will turn out to be a good one; Hawks would be lucky to grab him now while he is struggling a bit.
out of shape for sure

Quote:

How many times have you seen McNeill, whose name you can't even write how it is spelled, play? Unfortunatly it's not easy too see him play here in Germany. When you say he has regressed you know more than me and have seen him play on a regular basis. Tell me more, I'm interested in the Hawks prospects.
If you just look at stats, gtfo. (sorry for this, but this had to be said)

and you should check your stats better. Not that it makes a big difference, but your statement with the "leads DMen in hits" is wrong.

Orpik
51 games - 188 Hits
Schenn
57 games - 187 Hits

Emelin would have more hits than Schenn with equal games played - just sayin.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote