HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers interested in Nash: Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 05:45 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Rangers interested in Nash: Part III

Continue.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-19-2012, 05:51 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Dubinsky, Thomas, and a 1st

"Oh yea, I'd do that." Thats nice of you guys.

Im sure Columbus would do it too, if their GM is mailing it in and the franchise is ready to be moved/contracted.

For anyone who is enthusiastic about making a Nash deal, you need to be prepared to part with what it would actually take. Columbus is not under immediate pressure to make a deal for their franchise player. Read Sting's post and understand the timing of this. They're not trading Nash for peanuts now...why would they? And a Dubinsky, Thomas, 1st package is less than peanuts.

Its worthless discourse to me when you say 'Yes' to Nash and then provide a package thats not even in the realm if possibility to get it done.
He said "if the package is Dubinsky, Thomas and a 1st I'll do it." If. He said if. So if the package is more, I'd guess he is less than enthusiastic about getting Nash. Columbus can take that deal, or leave and frankly I'd prefer they leave it. I don't care why Columbus is alienating their star player, I don't care if they will or won't part with him for peanuts. But if they call and ask, my answer is "Dubinsky, Thomas and a 1st."

Howson's trying to save his job and we're trying to take this team to the next step. I think we can reach our goal without Nash. I also think Howson can't save his job, with or without Nash.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:51 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerbaby View Post
how many blue jacket games do you actually watch to state he doesnt bring the off the score sheet differences...

3.5 million for the extra 21pts doesnt really sit that well with me but when you factor in 18 of those 21 points are goals that actually makes quite a difference.

I catch about 10 CBJ games per season (I live out in the Southern Tier, so I'm closer to Ohio than I am to the City these days). As I've said on the main board, Nash may play differently in the other 72 games, but every time I've seen him, he's been lazy on the backcheck, and a terrible floater. It's clear that he has the talent, but he lets it out on his terms, and that terrifies me at 7.8 million (it goes completely against the culture of this team). They aren't in the same category, obviously, but Wolski is another guy who has a ton of talent and has put up 65 points before. I can see Nash having a similar experience here (again, to a lesser extent). Call it heart, drive, whatever--I just don't see it in Rick Nash. Again, though, I only see him about 10 times per season, so it's possible (though unlikely) that I just happen to keep catching his worst games of the season.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

And Machinehead is not: Part III

Old
02-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Ail
k.

Wolski, Woywitka, Avery and a 7th conditional that they get only if Nash scores a PPG in the playoffs, should get this done.

Okay fine Chad Johnson too.

02-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Wolski, Woywitka, Avery and a 7th conditional that they get only if Nash scores a PPG in the playoffs, should get this done.

Okay fine Chad Johnson too.
Now it's too much

Old
02-19-2012, 05:55 PM
bernmeister

Nash is worse contract than Carter.
Any big contract is a problem.

That notwithstanding, as to what to pay, it cannot be more than
Dubi + Thomas + 2nd + 2nd
AT MOST/

I don't care Nash is perceived worth more, let them get more elsewhere.
Rangers should not overpay.

Absolutely no top prospects.
Long term our interests better served with #1 in deep draft on ELC...

Old
02-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Can't believe we've posted 2000 posts about Rick Nash.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Can't believe we've posted 2000 posts about Rick Nash.
Were you here for the Brad Richards saga? This pales in comparison.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
I can't believe no big moves have been made yet.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Unfortunately, no. But when I searched "Brad Richards" in the NYR forums, I was surprised at how Many threads came up. You guys had an entire thread waiting for him to choose where to go.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:01 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
I can't believe no big moves have been made yet.
It's simply the law of supply and demand in action.

In this particular situation there are numerous buyers and very little sellers. Teams that were supposed to be sellers (Buffalo, Anaheim, etc) are trying to make a push into the playoffs. When there are more buyers then sellers the price of the items being sold drives up the price (like Rick Nash).

Unless some teams really hit a skid the next week and fall out contention I don't expect much noise to be made this year.

02-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Unfortunately, no. But when I searched "Brad Richards" in the NYR forums, I was surprised at how Many threads came up. You guys had an entire thread waiting for him to choose where to go.
Yeah that was way bigger than the Jagr thing which surprised me

Old
02-19-2012, 06:19 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Continue.
Save it for Parise

Old
02-19-2012, 06:20 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
haha you think thats bad, did you watch the free agent special on nhl net? they had media there in the morning leading up to 12pm when free agency opened. on top of that there was also the stamkos speculation of whether he will be traded or not. im pretty sure trade deadline day will be just as big as a media frenzy.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Aileen C*

It really angers me that this conversation is on the table. How many times does Sather need to learn his lesson with loaded contracts?

Old
02-19-2012, 06:21 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

God, this is going to be worse than the Kovalchuk threads, isn't it?

Anyone remember how many of those we had?

RANGERS =
Old
02-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileen C View Post
It really angers me that this conversation is on the table. How many times does Sather need to learn his lesson with loaded contracts?
Not that I support a move for Nash in any way, but it does make a little more sense being this team does seem poised to compete. Its not like we're teetering on the edge of the 8th spot as years past.

That said, I'd be absolutely livid if I were a Toronto fan and Burke was snooping around on Nash. So predictable from him, and so stupid.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:27 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
God, this is going to be worse than the Kovalchuk threads, isn't it?

Anyone remember how many of those we had?

In the end this will be a Kovy once removed thread.

Don't want Nash with Parise looming. Parise signs with NYR because the Devils gave Kovalchuk his money.

Devils lose Parise to UFA

Devils forfeit their #1 pick

Kovy the guy just keeps on costing them $$$ and assets

Old
02-19-2012, 06:28 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Not that I support a move for Nash in any way, but it does make a little more sense being this team does seem poised to compete. Its not like we're teetering on the edge of the 8th spot as years past.

That said, I'd be absolutely livid if I were a Toronto fan and Burke was snooping around on Nash. So predictable from him, and so stupid.
Burke is in desperation mode.

Either that or he's trying to drive up the price on sather so he cant re-sign our rfa's after we acquired nash

Old
02-19-2012, 06:30 PM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Were you here for the Mats Sundin saga? Everything pales in comparison.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:37 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
In the end this will be a Kovy once removed thread.

Don't want Nash with Parise looming. Parise signs with NYR because the Devils gave Kovalchuk his money.

Devils lose Parise to UFA

Devils forfeit their #1 pick

Kovy the guy just keeps on costing them $$$ and assets
If we were talking about Kovalchuk instead of Nash, a lot more people would be on board. Kovalchuk has a great cap hit with better production. A bunch of you guys ripped him apart last season. He's playing terrific hockey the last season and a half. He's worth every penny of his cap hit, and the assets they actually traded for him . . . that trade worked out beautifully for them. It was a huge ripoff. They got screwed for crossing an imaginary line. They broke no actual rules. They were just the next in a long line of teams taking one step further into working their way around the system.

If Parise cares about winning, then he would only leave the Devils to go to Detroit or the Rangers, but I don't see him ditching the Debbies for Broadway. It's not in his character. Otherwise, NJ is better than any of other targets he's been linked to. And if Crosby doesn't get healthy, the Devils will be able to fight the Pens and Flyers every year for 2nd place in the division for the next few years.

I'd obviously take Parise over Nash, but I'm not holding my breath. I wish we could trade for Kovalchuk. Now that's a trade I could get excited for.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
If we were talking about Kovalchuk instead of Nash, a lot more people would be on board. Kovalchuk has a great cap hit with better production. A bunch of you guys ripped him apart last season. He's playing terrific hockey the last season and a half. He's worth every penny of his cap hit, and the assets they actually traded for him . . . that trade worked out beautifully for them. It was a huge ripoff. They got screwed for crossing an imaginary line. They broke no actual rules. They were just the next in a long line of teams taking one step further into working their way around the system.

If Parise cares about winning, then he would only leave the Devils to go to Detroit or the Rangers, but I don't see him ditching the Debbies for Broadway. It's not in his character. Otherwise, NJ is better than any of other targets he's been linked to. And if Crosby doesn't get healthy, the Devils will be able to fight the Pens and Flyers every year for 2nd place in the division for the next few years.

I'd obviously take Parise over Nash, but I'm not holding my breath. I wish we could trade for Kovalchuk. Now that's a trade I could get excited for.
Nash has less years. and i don't want kovalchuk for a million years,

Old
02-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Dorado*

NJD are one of the hotter teams in the game right now . They need to find a replacement this off season for Fatso , but don't kid yourself with KOvy , Henrique , they resign ZP and make a few prudent moves they are as competitive as anyone .

Old
02-19-2012, 06:42 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Nash has less years. and i don't want kovalchuk for a million years,
Dude, Nash is a lesser player with a cap hit that's way bigger.

Once Kovalchuk is old he's going to leave for Russia, so the final few years of his contract are meaningless. In a vacuum, I take Kovalchuk on his contract over Nash on his 15 times out of 10.

Closed Thread