HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

P.A. Parenteau

Old
02-19-2012, 05:43 PM
seafoam

vCash: 0
P.A. Parenteau

I'm not supporting trading him, just trying to gauge value. What is the realistic value of him? With guy's like Dominic Moore and Pavel Kubina going for second round picks, I would HAVE to think P.A. is worth a 1st easily. 53 points in 58 games, top 5 in assists, and dirt cheap. He's been off the first line and produced so he's not doing this good because he's with JT. He's is also a top PP player.

Like I said easily a 1st maybe plus too.

Thoughts?

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:45 PM
BeardedBlues88

vCash: 500
I'd really like to see him and a D man in Stl.

Maybe a package deal?

What would it take to bring P.A. and Mark Streit to Stl?

BeardedBlues88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Unproven playoff player. Short history of this kind of production. These things reduce his value as a rental.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
Unproven playoff player. Short history of this kind of production. These things reduce his value as a rental.
Ya, agreed.

There are still some question marks as far as what sort of player Parenteau is going to be over the long-run. Could be some team's Ville Leino if they aren't careful.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:48 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Blues would definitely be interested, just depends on the price though.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

I just don't trust his ability to immediately step in, pick up a system and maintain a good scoring pace over the last third of the season. He would be a much more valuable offseason signing.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
I just don't trust his ability to immediately step in, pick up a system and maintain a good scoring pace over the last third of the season. He would be a much more valuable offseason signing.
AHL player on a team in the NHL that has no depth..how come he couldnt make it with the Rangers, Hawks or other organizations he has been on???

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:59 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedBlues88 View Post

Maybe a package deal?

Snow has been trying since last June to add a quality ,top 4 d-man.
He and Yzerman both pointed outhow tough it's been.

With only Streit ,Hamonic and MacDonald signed for next season,the isles are not moving Streit.
They want to add blueline talent,not trade it away.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:03 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
AHL player on a team in the NHL that has no depth..how come he couldnt make it with the Rangers, Hawks or other organizations he has been on???
Moulson's on pace for his 3rd straight season of at least 30 goals.How come he couldn't make it with other organizations,how come he didn't stick in the nhl in earlier attempts?

Gee,we can both ask silly questions

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:18 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

His name has been brought up on the Isles board and that's Jonathon Blum from Nashville. He has yet to establish himself at the NHL level and he may have been surpassed by Ellis and Josi in their organization. Nashville does have the defensive depth to deal someone like him and Parenteau can help them offensively.

Maybe there is a match in a Parenteau for Blum centered swap?

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:46 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Ya, agreed.

There are still some question marks as far as what sort of player Parenteau is going to be over the long-run. Could be some team's Ville Leino if they aren't careful.
a team acquiring him now might not care about what player he will be over the long run. they care about NOW! and you mention leino...this is exactly what teams ARE trying to acquire (19 gp, 7 g, 14 a, 21 pts in philly's long playoff run)!!!

islandermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Gardiner Expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
His name has been brought up on the Isles board and that's Jonathon Blum from Nashville. He has yet to establish himself at the NHL level and he may have been surpassed by Ellis and Josi in their organization. Nashville does have the defensive depth to deal someone like him and Parenteau can help them offensively.

Maybe there is a match in a Parenteau for Blum centered swap?
Smartest post I've read in the Trade Rumours forum in a while. Whole-heartedly agree that something here makes sense

Gardiner Expressway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:05 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Parenteau?

2nd round pick and 1 player. You're probably thinking "with as many assists as he has, he should be worth more than Dom Moore", but it doesn't work that way at the deadline.

Hal Gill's far more effective than Pavel Kubina's bloated corpse, but the price was almost the same. That's because "Depth Defenseman" costs a 2nd round pick and a player at this time of year, no matter what "Depth Defenseman's" name is.

"Depth Forward" is going to work the same way. So, while I would agree that Parenteau is more effective than Moore, I doubt that will factor into the price, as the buyer will balk at the notion of a 1st for Parenteau and move to the next "Depth Forward" name on his list.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Jester9881

A PPG winger is now a depth forward in the NHL?

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:16 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Parenteau is not anything close to a point per game player over his career, and tons of guys have had single season monster years riding shotgun with elite, elite centers only to evaporate after a change of scenery.

So, yeah, until he proves otherwise, he's a depth forward.

Old
02-19-2012, 07:27 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Parenteau is not anything close to a point per game player over his career, and tons of guys have had single season monster years riding shotgun with elite, elite centers only to evaporate after a change of scenery.

So, yeah, until he proves otherwise, he's a depth forward.
here we go again...

look, i understand that you don't watch islander games. why would you want to? trust me, i get it! they've stunk forever! i only watch because i'm obviously a glutton for punishment.

that being said, spare us your take on parenteau when you don't watch the games. anyone who has seen parenteau play recently will tell you that he has barely shared the ice with tavares.

Old
02-19-2012, 07:29 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LupulMania View Post
Smartest post I've read in the Trade Rumours forum in a while. Whole-heartedly agree that something here makes sense
It does make some sense, doesn't it?

Nashville has to make a run this year with the Suter and Weber situations. They added Gill for the playoffs. Parenteau is a quality player that is dirt cheap. He's basically playing to set himself up for life and make all of those years in the minors worth it - his compete level has never been questioned, he's always busted it every shift. I doubt they even blink at dealing Blum when so much is riding on this year. Makes too much sense on so many levels which is why it'll never happen.

Old
02-19-2012, 07:36 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
It does make some sense, doesn't it?

Nashville has to make a run this year with the Suter and Weber situations. They added Gill for the playoffs. Parenteau is a quality player that is dirt cheap. He's basically playing to set himself up for life and make all of those years in the minors worth it - his compete level has never been questioned, he's always busted it every shift. I doubt they even blink at dealing Blum when so much is riding on this year. Makes too much sense on so many levels which is why it'll never happen.
you sold on blum, though? i sure would like to hear from some preds fans about why they think he has regressed, IF they think he has regressed.

Old
02-19-2012, 07:37 PM
josra33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
By that logic Tim Thomas is an AHL goalie in the NHL that has a great defense.... how come he couldnt make it to the NHL till he was 30. Flawed logic is flawed.

josra33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:40 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
here we go again...

look, i understand that you don't watch islander games. why would you want to? trust me, i get it! they've stunk forever! i only watch because i'm obviously a glutton for punishment.

that being said, spare us your take on parenteau when you don't watch the games. anyone who has seen parenteau play recently will tell you that he has barely shared the ice with tavares.
Actually I do watch the Islanders. The reason I watch them is because Tavares is quickly becoming one of the most-effective players in the league.

Parenteau has not been playing with Tavares...lately. But he was on a line with him for almost half the year. Checking hockey-reference just now, Tavares has factored in on a whopping 50% of Parenteau's production, which supports the idea that a lot of this year that he's having is due to runoff from things Tavares is doing.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Just wait a few weeks until he's traded for a 2nd round pick and a somewhat boring collection of spare parts or minor leaguers. Because that's what guys who are perceived by buyers as "depth forwards" get traded for.

Old
02-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

2nd+ for someone so new to relevance is hardly an insult.

Old
02-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Caged Great

I'd give Babchuk + Nemisz + 3rd for PA for sure. The one thing the Flames lack is a 2nd playmaker after Tanguay.

With Snipers like Cammalleri, Iginla, and to a lesser extent Glencross, having a good setup guy would be helpful.

Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:57 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Actually I do watch the Islanders. The reason I watch them is because Tavares is quickly becoming one of the most-effective players in the league.

Parenteau has not been playing with Tavares...lately. But he was on a line with him for almost half the year. Checking hockey-reference just now, Tavares has factored in on a whopping 50% of Parenteau's production, which supports the idea that a lot of this year that he's having is due to runoff from things Tavares is doing.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Just wait a few weeks until he's traded for a 2nd round pick and a somewhat boring collection of spare parts or minor leaguers. Because that's what guys who are perceived by buyers as "depth forwards" get traded for.
i, for one, hope snow turns down such an offer. we shall see what he is made of. if parenteau is moved for spare parts as you suggest, then he will have been made into a rival gm's female dog.

Old
02-19-2012, 07:59 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
you sold on blum, though? i sure would like to hear from some preds fans about why they think he has regressed, IF they think he has regressed.
I'm definitely ignorant on all things Jonathon Blum, I just think he fits the profile of what Snow should go after. No one is going to give up a legit young top-4 guy in the NHL today. Blum is unproven, but has definite upside from the little I remember from him - the WJC in 2009(?) and him ripping it up in Juniors after being drafted. I think Nashville is one of the few teams that could lose a Blum and not really blink when they have other young defenseman that are even younger and in the NHL already.

Old
02-19-2012, 08:07 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedBlues88 View Post

Maybe a package deal?

PAP and streit would take imo Cole and Taresenko( STL does not do this and Isles dont trade Streit)

PAP alone would be a first or Cole and a 2nd or 3rd......

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote