HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Carey Price

Old
02-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Jayball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
I think he totally forgot to include supply/demand in the equation to find the value of Price.

Im going to sell this guy air and water.....they are much more valuable to the human than Gold and Platinum after all.
Do you work in sales by any chance? All I hear is blah blah blah supply and demand and how much price is worth and how you can replace him cheaply with a ufa. A franchise type player at any posistion is a franchise player with huge value to their own team. I can't stand Brodeur but do u think the devils would have been half as good without him and if they just spent on the rest of the team cap or not. Give up the idea that some has been or backup is better than price and give him the credit he deserves. If the team in front of him played like one consistently his numbers are Like last years. Maybe Pittsburg would be better off with a back up or ufa too.

Jayball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Halifaxhab*

[QUOTE=palindrom;44456617]Is Pacioretty avaible at 1 625m$ on the UFA market?

No

Theodore, Smith, Vokoun Nabokov, Elliot, Harding, Giguere are.

Im still looking for cheap 1 500 000$ UFA replacement for Nash.

The way i see it, Nash have more value than Price, because its harder to find a cheap replacement for Nash than a cheap replacement for Price.[QUOTE]

But that's my point. Why trade Price and sign some crap scrub to bring in a player making 7.8M when we have a similar player making 1/8th of his salary who is also outplaying him.

Moving a franchise goalie to brin in something we don't need is NOT good cap management.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:51 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post

But that's my point. Why trade Price and sign some crap scrub to bring in a player making 7.8M when we have a similar player making 1/8th of his salary who is also outplaying him.

Moving a franchise goalie to brin in something we don't need is NOT good cap management.
Before trading Price, i would survey his intention to sign in Montreal beyond his UFA years.

Can we all agree that Price value to Montreal his greatly dependent on Price willingness to stay in Montreal and sign an affordable contract?

And since we can only make wild guess right now about Price intention, i think its premature to have discussion about his value. (at least his value to Montreal.)

Until more input, Price is still eligible to be UFA summer 2015. He should be considered as a goalie for the next 3 years more than for the next decade.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote