HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose to the devils 3-1

Old
02-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
That's the worst part of RC's love affair with Darche, the media is so blinded by Darche's effort/hustle that they don't realize how ridiculous this is becoming.

Darche should be a 4th liner, nothing more.

And keeping Kostitsyn with Gomez is ridiculous. That pairing has never worked.
I don't have a problem with Darche staying with us as long as he...

A) Plays on the fourth

B) Plays less than 10 minutes a game.

I don't get the ****ing love fest by all the coaches here..it makes no sense.

When people on Hfboards are smarter than our coaches...you have to wonder.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:53 PM
SB164

Randy is coaching this team like a man who knows he won't be back next season.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:54 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorieu View Post
I hate to admit this but I truly believe Price is overated. You didn't see pucks going in from all over the ice on Brodeur...why does he manage to track the puck through screens and deflections. He is ten times the goalie Price is. Cunneyworth also does not use his players in a way that makes any sense at all. We can't buy a break this year and most importantly, we did not come out with anywhere near the sense of urgency we should have in the first period. This team is so frustrating, I want to see many of these guys gone and get a fresh start next year
Come on, all 3 goals were deflected...they got pucks to the net, and we didn't...don't blame Price on this game...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Muminek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorieu View Post
I hate to admit this but I truly believe Price is overated. You didn't see pucks going in from all over the ice on Brodeur...why does he manage to track the puck through screens and deflections. He is ten times the goalie Price is. Cunneyworth also does not use his players in a way that makes any sense at all. We can't buy a break this year and most importantly, we did not come out with anywhere near the sense of urgency we should have in the first period. This team is so frustrating, I want to see many of these guys gone and get a fresh start next year
I wasn`t aware Canadiens employed screens or attempted deflections today. Thank you for your input.

Muminek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Duh stop the misinformation. AC panelists all said that it's not normal that Darche is the most used player.
I'm starting to think that some people in here are doing this on purpose. We keep hearing how l'ANTICHAMBRE said while sometimes it's 1 guy, and this 1 guy is misquoted, said something else or never said what people are reporting. I read once that Michel Bergeron bashed Andrei Kostitsyn, while if there is 1 guy who kept defending him, it was Bergeron.

Those guys aren't the brightest. Not a whole lot of our journalists are. Yet, there's a limit to invent stuff.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
donghabs98

vCash: 140
im not shocked

we cant beat NJ on home ice

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan118 View Post
I come in peace:

Who is Ryan White? I noticed him a lot tonight, just seemed to be throwing hits and getting in peoples' faces all night. Seemed like he had a good game

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Boardish

Once upon a time, I felt bad for Randy Cunneyworth.

But now I came to the conclusion that he's just bad.

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Plekanecs regaining his little girl form. He isnt cutting it defensively or offensively this season.

This is the Rene Bourque Flames fans were talking about. The guy is lazy and doesnt care most of the time. The North American version of Andrei Kostitsyn. The guy will be nothing short of useless for the most part of a season.
To be fair, the guy has been placed with Plek and Gomez most of the time, and then we had the brilliance of switching Gomez with Darche. RC is trying to use them as a 3rd line. He also barely got to play on the PP.

Yes, he's been disappointing, but I'm realistic enough to know that sometimes, players don't match. Plek-Bourque just isn't clicking all that much, yet he has never been changed. Maybe adding another good player would help, but that hasn't even happened, only Gomez and Darche.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'm starting to think that some people in here are doing this on purpose. We keep hearing how l'ANTICHAMBRE said while sometimes it's 1 guy, and this 1 guy is misquoted, said something else or never said what people are reporting. I read once that Michel Bergeron bashed Andrei Kostitsyn, while if there is 1 guy who kept defending him, it was Bergeron.

Those guys aren't the brightest. Not a whole lot of our journalists are. Yet, there's a limit to invent stuff.
To be fair Carbo said it but in a lapsus (don't know how you say it in english) and then corrected quickly.

So there is a little part of truth in what he said.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Wow, Carbo just said Darche was our best player tonight
Well... he did want a team full of Kostopoulous's

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
That's the worst part of RC's love affair with Darche, the media is so blinded by Darche's effort/hustle that they don't realize how ridiculous this is becoming.

Darche should be a 4th liner, nothing more.

And keeping Kostitsyn with Gomez is ridiculous. That pairing has never worked.
They said that it's not normal to see him being used so much. Who's blind here?

Old
02-19-2012, 08:59 PM
donghabs98

i left with 4minutes left
i turn on the TV to see 30 seconds left with gomez on the ice

Old
02-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

As dumb as they are on that panel, you're right. Some people here either invent or simply don't understand french enough. I remember reading here that Bergeron was bashing AK when he was in fact defending him.

One thing though, I can't believe Carbo ever had a head coaching job in the NHL. Maybe it's just his demeanor on TV, but man, the way he communicates is just bad bad bad.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
i left with 4minutes left
i turn on the TV to see 30 seconds left with gomez on the ice
4th line center who can't do **** for 7 million a year. Wow this has fail and more fail. Add Kabs and his stupid contract and PG should have been gone long ago.

Geoff Molson has turned this franchise into one of the biggest jokes in a year. Hope he is proud.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HTTP 400

vCash: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Randy is coaching this team like a man who knows he won't be back next season.
No. He just coached this game like someone who was afraid to lose.

It's worst.

HTTP 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

Way too much respect for the Devils by the Habs. You can see just by the post-game interview by Cunney that the Habs have an inferiority complex against them.

I'm pretty sure they started the game with a negative attitude.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:02 PM
NewHabsEra*

Happy to have missed the game.. Getting closer to a high draft pick!!!

Sell sell selll!!!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Wow, Carbo just said Darche was our best player tonight
that's why he will never coach in NHL.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
donghabs98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Well... he did want a team full of Kostopoulous's
but kostopulous is a stud

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
To be fair, the guy has been placed with Plek and Gomez most of the time, and then we had the brilliance of switching Gomez with Darche. RC is trying to use them as a 3rd line. He also barely got to play on the PP.

Yes, he's been disappointing, but I'm realistic enough to know that sometimes, players don't match. Plek-Bourque just isn't clicking all that much, yet he has never been changed. Maybe adding another good player would help, but that hasn't even happened, only Gomez and Darche.
Problem is that you would have thought that Bourque WOULD have been something that would help Pleks. DD has his big guys around him, you'd think Pleks would need his big guys as well. But that's not conclusive yet by far. And mainly Bourque DOES NOT seem to have a great work ethic. It is scary that me might have to endure him for all those years if he doesn't pick it up next year. 'Cause people could say he's tradeable due to not making a lot of money, yet, some will be hesitant considering the number of years left. As of now, let's hope we fix him up. But it's not looking that good RIGHT NOW. Yet, things can change.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

Maybe he just doesnt match with who he has been playing with however this is exactly what ive saw from him as a flame. Being from the West, probably see him 30 times a year including a lot this year. This is why flames fans were so happy to be rid of him.

If he was working hard and things just didnt work id believe that. Its hard to use the chemistry excuse when the guy is barely trying out there.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:04 PM
S Bah

My thought is the Habs have a flu bug thru the line-up,sure sounded like Subban was sick and Cole had to leave the bench three times throwing up maybe.Players and coaches can't change the fact their team is under the weather so to speak.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Glorieu

The truth sometimes hurts

Listen, I've been watching hockey before many of you were thought of. I'm not pretending to be stupid enough to blame this loss on Price. This game aside, I do however believe he is overated. He is technically very sound and looks very good on the ice, but he just hasn't warranted his reputation and been the shut down goalie he needs to be on a consistent basis. Also his mental toughness is still very suspect. I agree with many of you regulars on here as to what the biggest problems with the team are (and I know goaltending isn't one of them), but watching Brodeur tonight, it struck me that Price is not even in the same category!

Glorieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Carbo: "J'adore Darche mais ce n'est pas normal que match après match il soit le plus utilisé."
That's pretty hypocritical for a guy who loved to play Mathieu Dandenault on the first line.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote