HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose to the devils 3-1

Old
02-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
My top three lines going forward this year

Cole DD Pacioretty
AK Plekanec Bourque
White Eller Moen

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:09 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorieu View Post
Listen, I've been watching hockey before many of you were thought of. I'm not pretending to be stupid enough to blame this loss on Price. This game aside, I do however believe he is overated. He is technically very sound and looks very good on the ice, but he just hasn't warranted his reputation and been the shut down goalie he needs to be on a consistent basis. Also his mental toughness is still very suspect. I agree with many of you regulars on here as to what the biggest problems with the team are (and I know goaltending isn't one of them), but watching Brodeur tonight, it struck me that Price is not even in the same category!
How many goalies are in Brodeur's class ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:09 PM
HTTP 400

vCash: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
To be fair, the guy has been placed with Plek and Gomez most of the time, and then we had the brilliance of switching Gomez with Darche. RC is trying to use them as a 3rd line. He also barely got to play on the PP.

Yes, he's been disappointing, but I'm realistic enough to know that sometimes, players don't match. Plek-Bourque just isn't clicking all that much, yet he has never been changed. Maybe adding another good player would help, but that hasn't even happened, only Gomez and Darche.
For some reasons I don't quite understand, Cunneyworth is giving him defensive duties with Plekanec and Darche. Basically, this our traditional shut down 3rd line. Any production from this line should be considered a luxury, not a requirement.

Problem is, we don't have a 2nd line.

HTTP 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:10 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
My top three lines going forward this year

Cole DD Pacioretty
AK Plekanec Bourque
White Eller Moen
Where is Darche ?

Old
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Problem is that you would have thought that Bourque WOULD have been something that would help Pleks. DD has his big guys around him, you'd think Pleks would need his big guys as well. But that's not conclusive yet by far. And mainly Bourque DOES NOT seem to have a great work ethic. It is scary that me might have to endure him for all those years if he doesn't pick it up next year. 'Cause people could say he's tradeable due to not making a lot of money, yet, some will be hesitant considering the number of years left. As of now, let's hope we fix him up. But it's not looking that good RIGHT NOW. Yet, things can change.
Certainly. But he joined a team that had a lot of struggling players and Plekanec was one of them.
I find it tough to really explain the woes of our team this year. It's just a weird year.
I thought Bourque had a couple of good games after his trade, which is usual after a trade, but since then has been pretty quiet. I can only hope for the best, but yes, it isn't look good so far.

But one thing I just don't understand is giving him defensive duties. That, I will never understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Maybe he just doesnt match with who he has been playing with however this is exactly what ive saw from him as a flame. Being from the West, probably see him 30 times a year including a lot this year. This is why flames fans were so happy to be rid of him.

If he was working hard and things just didnt work id believe that. Its hard to use the chemistry excuse when the guy is barely trying out there.
That's very possible. There's got to be a reason why this is his 3rd team already.
But it must be tough to join one of the worst teams in the NHL at mid point through the year.
I'm hoping for the best next year.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Mats NAslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorieu View Post
Listen, I've been watching hockey before many of you were thought of. I'm not pretending to be stupid enough to blame this loss on Price. This game aside, I do however believe he is overated. He is technically very sound and looks very good on the ice, but he just hasn't warranted his reputation and been the shut down goalie he needs to be on a consistent basis. Also his mental toughness is still very suspect. I agree with many of you regulars on here as to what the biggest problems with the team are (and I know goaltending isn't one of them), but watching Brodeur tonight, it struck me that Price is not even in the same category!
Jesus Christ have you seen the d-men in front of him on most nights this year?

Weber, Kaberle, Campoli, Gill, Spacek

HOlly **** man give your head a shake!

Outside of Gorges, Subban and as of late Emelin this Defence has been disgusting at best!
If not for Price they would have the worst GAA in the league!

Old
02-19-2012, 09:11 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Where is Darche ?
The new goalie.

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
How many goalies are in Brodeur's class ?
At his age you would think we would be close or catching up...its not even close.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:13 PM
zx81

I still can't get over the fact that we are 2-12 against NJ at home in our last 14.

Bourque is slowly but surely looking like the guy Flames fans were saying he was.

Price should have stopped the 3rd goal.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
I still can't get over the fact that we are 2-12 against NJ at home in our last 14.

Bourque is slowly but surely looking like the guy Flames fans were saying he was.

Price should have stopped the 3rd goal.
And people want to give Price a 10 year contract at 7 million a year...sorry but hes not worth that..not even close....5 years 5 million a year...maybe.

Old
Mats NAslund

Guys enough with being hardon guys like Bourque and PLekanec...

This two need a scorer on the line period!
Neither one of them are go to guys and never will be. They's great complimentary scoring type guys and would both score 20 - 25 if the had a Pacioretty or Cole with them.

PLaying Darche on that line is killing them!

Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
For some reasons I don't quite understand, Cunneyworth is giving him defensive duties with Plekanec and Darche. Basically, this our traditional shut down 3rd line. Any production from this line should be considered a luxury, not a requirement.

Problem is, we don't have a 2nd line.
I like the idea of having multiple 2 way lines. If Patches-DD-Cole is our first line, putting up 2 lines after that who can bring it on both ends does make sense.

The problem is, I don't know what any of our other lines are. Plek, Darche, Bourque seems to be used as mainly a shutdown line, being played against tough opposition and forced to put defense first, but Bourque isn't a good defensive player and the line is not put in a good position to contribute offensively. I like Darche but at best he's a screen.

And the other two lines are such an incoherent mess that they can't be expected to get going. Right or wrong Kostitsyn and Eller get pulled as soon as they make a single mistake, why expect anything from them?

It's just a complete mess, good thing the two and a half men line has so much chemistry because after that things are Carbo-esque.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Problem is that you would have thought that Bourque WOULD have been something that would help Pleks. DD has his big guys around him, you'd think Pleks would need his big guys as well. But that's not conclusive yet by far. And mainly Bourque DOES NOT seem to have a great work ethic. It is scary that me might have to endure him for all those years if he doesn't pick it up next year. 'Cause people could say he's tradeable due to not making a lot of money, yet, some will be hesitant considering the number of years left. As of now, let's hope we fix him up. But it's not looking that good RIGHT NOW. Yet, things can change.
That was the point I wanted to make tonight. I keep reading here how Bourque was a nice addition, bringing size and scoring at a lower cap hit... I don't see it. The guy clearly lacks drive and hockey sense. Don't see him as a legit top 6 on a good team.

Right now, he looks like he's just a slightly larger less prickly floater than the guy who we traded him for had become. Except his deal is twice as long... yea us, great trade Better hope that Holland kid is the real deal...

In other news, we are toast. Hopefully the yard sale will attract some crazy motivated buyers

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:16 PM
zx81

Cammy was right. We clearly started this game with a loser's attitude.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:16 PM
AllanMTL46

Frustrating. Kostitsyn, Bourque and Plekanec will have to step it up, 'cause it's time to start playing.

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:17 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
At his age you would think we would be close or catching up...its not even close.
Price doesn't have the d-corp (and the coaching staff) that the Devils had during Brodeur's best seasons. The guy was receiving about 20-22 shots per night on average.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:17 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Cammy was right. We clearly started this game with a loser's attitude.
Where are you when the team wins a game ?

Old
02-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Price doesn't have the d-corp (and the coaching staff) that the Devils had during Brodeur's best seasons. The guy was receiving about 20-22 shots per night on average.
Marty is old by goalie standards but conitues to make highlight saves. This has nothing to do with coaching, he is a much better goalie than Price will ever be. Thats just the honest truth.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Muminek

Quote:
And people want to give Price a 10 year contract at 7 million a year...sorry but hes not worth that..not even close....5 years 5 million a year...maybe.
People say many stupid things, to take those seriously would harmful to your mental health. Price is NOT and never will be a top 5 goalie of all times like Brodeur, but before we decide that he`s a failure, let him fail behind a decent team, than we`ll know if he`s as bad as many say.

Muminek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:20 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Marty is old by goalie standards but conitues to make highlight saves. This has nothing to do with coaching, he is a much better goalie than Price will ever be. Thats just the honest truth.
And he has worse numbers than Carey and worse numbers than the career backup he splits time with.

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
That was the point I wanted to make tonight. I keep reading here how Bourque was a nice addition, bringing size and scoring at a lower cap hit... I don't see it. The guy clearly lacks drive and hockey sense. Don't see him as a legit top 6 on a good team.

Right now, he looks like he's just a slightly larger less prickly floater than the guy who we traded him for had become. Except his deal is twice as long... yea us, great trade Better hope that Holland kid is the real deal...

In other news, we are toast. Hopefully the yard sale will attract some crazy motivated buyers
I still believe the Cammalleri deal was about cap space first and foremost. Bourque's contract is long but it's manageable. Bourque is what he is, I don't think anyone seriously expected him to become a PPG power forward or something like that. He will occasionally bring it, he won't shy away from contact but he has little drive and little hockey sense. The Kostitsyn comparisons are accurate except Kostitsyn is a far better passer and actually tries IMO on defense, even if he's not great at it.

Having a guy like Bourque isn't bad, but there's only so much you can effect. He shouldn't be chained to Plekanec, guys like that and Kostitsyn are meant to shift around lines, because what makes inconsistent but talented depth scorers valuable is that they don't need to be carried, they are either on or they are not. What it came down to was Cammalleri wasn't pulling his weight and had the second worst contract on the team.

The problem is Cunneyworth is expecting that line to be primarily defensive, and when Bourque is not involved he's as much of a floater as Cammy. When you see a struggle, try something different.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Lebowski

Reading through this thread is beyond hilarious. Some of you have to be bipolar or something. Winning streak; we'll make the playoffs, Darche is amazing, Cunney should be there next season, Kostitsyn is great, Kaberle is better than expected...

A lost; What a **** team! Blow this thing up! There's no hope! Hang me up! Trade everybody! Package these guys for a pick! It's Gauthier's fault! Cunney don't know how to coach!

Some of you need to learn what behaving with detachment means.

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Muminek

Quote:
Originally Posted by price131 View Post
And he has worse numbers than Carey and worse numbers than the career backup he splits time with.
Please, don`t compare any current goalies to generational players like Brodeur, it`ll end up in a disappointment. Thomas has the most hardware, is he worthy (no).

Muminek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:23 PM
zx81

Quote:
Where are you when the team wins a game ?
I'm right here.
My point is that they started this game thinking that NJ was the better team by far.

Have you watched the 1st ?
They were only defending and were obsessed by Kovalchuk's line matching.

They did not play the 1st to win, they played for an hypotetical 1-0 SO win.

Not a winner's attitude for sure.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:24 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muminek View Post
Please, don`t compare any current goalies to generational players like Brodeur, it`ll end up in a disappointment. Thomas has the most hardware, is he worthy (no).
I'm not sure what you're talking about AT ALL but we're specifically talking about this year.

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote