HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawks at Blue Jackets 1:00 Nationwide Arena

Old
02-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
“@Aportzline: #CBJ G Steve Mason was yelling at taunting #Blackhawks fan behind #CBJ bench. Was not yelling at interim coach Todd Richards.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ Bob View Post
I was right there, less than 10 feet away, and I swore he was yelling at Richards who was ignoring him.
Quote:
Maybe, just passing along the tweet.
Bob - I must have been sitting less than 10 feet from you! Next to me was my buddy, and next to him was a teenage kid with his dad. It was his dad who was jawing and Richards, Dorsett, Carter and Mason all gave him grief. He was very close to being removed from th arena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macserv View Post
After much review, I have to agree with Portz's assessment. If you look closely at the video, you can see an obscured fan's head turned toward Mason, moving like it's yelling. Mason (along with other fans) is looking right at the same spot. I took a screenshot and circled the guy. https://twitter.com/#!/macserv/status/171017946859188224/photo/1/large
Quote:
It dose look like he is yelling in that guys direction.
Looks like there was another guy as well. My heckler was on the other side of the runway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
Maybe this quote from Puckrakers might explain why some of us think we stunk more than usual:

Jackets interim coach Todd Richards said, “We weren’t playing. We were going through the motions. I was embarrassed.”
Tried to read Richards' lips during the timeout but couldn't. I wondered if he was saying anything about being embarassed, even if he might say for the fans.

Yeah, Dorse showed some emotion but he also looked like a puss when he kicked his glove. I know that's what I would have said if it had been an opposing player.

Wow @ Mason. I thought Jackets took the play to them in the second but everything was finding the back of the CBJ net. Of course, it would have been nice is carrying the play had led to some goals, but geez, Mason.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:58 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Could you hear what the dialog of the heckling and responses were? I'd love to find out what was said.

CBJWennberg41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:19 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Could you hear what the dialog of the heckling and responses were? I'd love to find out what was said.
Let me try and sum up: Mason!!!!! YOU SUCK!!!!!!

everyone in arena : we agree!

argument: nullified by truth

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:58 AM
RBarRegular

Wife and I sat in our normal seats in 215 yesterday. Like many of you, we were surrounded by Hawks fans. But they were pretty tame if not sympathetic toward us. By the 5th and 6th goals they were just politely golf - clapping.

It's just a horrific reflection on management to see the building completely filled with the Indian head logo. We scratch RyJo so we can play Colton Gillies and Ryan Russell. We continue to run Aaron Johnson out there on defense. Allen York, recently pulled from an ECHL game, is our current backup. Yes, I know injuries are playing a role in some of these decisions but it's still appalling. Great job, Howson.

RBarRegular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:17 AM
DaveCBJ
Boom. Outta here.

Isn't the pity the worst? I can deal with smack talk of any kind any time. But getting pity from a opposing team's fans in my own arena infuriates me.

DaveCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:22 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
Maybe this quote from Puckrakers might explain why some of us think we stunk more than usual:

Jackets interim coach Todd Richards said, “We weren’t playing. We were going through the motions. I was embarrassed.”
Obviously this is something Richards could say almost ANY game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBusChill View Post
Isn't the pity the worst? I can deal with smack talk of any kind any time. But getting pity from a opposing team's fans in my own arena infuriates me.
Hawk fans have been there and can relate. (I lived in Chicago in the 90's)

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:43 AM
EDM

I would prefer pity to hearing the Hawks fans make fun of Wiz when he was hurt and hobbling off the ice or say that Dorse's battle with that 6' 8" monster was a "good fight".

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:58 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Watched the game on tv. Honestly don't understand why so many posters here think we stunk worse than usual, ....as if this is news or anything new. It's your fault if you paid money expecting a different team to show up.

There's only so many times the "pride" card can be played by the coaches. Everybody, including the players are waiting for the trade bomb to drop. And yet we still won't be much better when it does come -so stop your whining or buy the tshirt, or go to the Rbar after first intermission.
I'm sorry, but I've gotta throw the flag on this.

JF, many fans paid for their tickets long before the result of this game was a forgone conclusion, in the summer when they were promised this year was going to be different.

To tell te people who are paying to keep the lights on to ST*U is a bit much to me. We're all entitled to our opinions whether we sit in California, the USVI or Timbuktu. But to tell those going to the game to "stop whining" when they paid full price for tickets (which isn't a small investment for some) expecting, at a minimum, a team that competes every game is not right.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:56 PM
CBJ Bob
It Smells Bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Bob - I must have been sitting less than 10 feet from you! Next to me was my buddy, and next to him was a teenage kid with his dad. It was his dad who was jawing and Richards, Dorsett, Carter and Mason all gave him grief. He was very close to being removed from th arena.
I was in 102 row 2 the 3rd sear in. When Mason came off the ice I could tell he was p'd. The goalie asits at the end of the bench just in the other side of the isle from where I was sitting. I could not hear him but I saw him yelling looking down the bench. The trainer came and stood behind Mason and Richards was ignoring him. I could have misinterpreted what I saw since I could not hear what was being said..

CBJ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:13 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I'm sorry, but I've gotta throw the flag on this.

JF, many fans paid for their tickets long before the result of this game was a forgone conclusion, in the summer when they were promised this year was going to be different.

To tell te people who are paying to keep the lights on to ST*U is a bit much to me. We're all entitled to our opinions whether we sit in California, the USVI or Timbuktu. But to tell those going to the game to "stop whining" when they paid full price for tickets (which isn't a small investment for some) expecting, at a minimum, a team that competes every game is not right.
Stop your whining Cap'n.

We're WAY past expecting a team that competes every night. Anybody who expects this team to be better than it is this late in the season is foolin themselves.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:10 PM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Watched the game on tv. Honestly don't understand why so many posters here think we stunk worse than usual, ....as if this is news or anything new. It's your fault if you paid money expecting a different team to show up.

There's only so many times the "pride" card can be played by the coaches. Everybody, including the players are waiting for the trade bomb to drop. And yet we still won't be much better when it does come -so stop your whining or buy the tshirt, or go to the Rbar after first intermission.
I dont think anyone really expects to see an amazing team suddenly. I think most are just expressing their disbelief that this circus show is allowed to continue with Priest and Howson running the show.

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ Bob View Post
I was in 102 row 2 the 3rd sear in. When Mason came off the ice I could tell he was p'd. The goalie asits at the end of the bench just in the other side of the isle from where I was sitting. I could not hear him but I saw him yelling looking down the bench. The trainer came and stood behind Mason and Richards was ignoring him. I could have misinterpreted what I saw since I could not hear what was being said..
Yeah I was across in 103 - plenty of Hawks fans and it could have been any of them I guess. The kid sitting next to us told us his dad almost got kicked out.

Double-Shift Lassé is offline   Reply With Quote