HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Interesting Info: Part XII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2012, 10:23 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Probably true, but would disagree with about Mason, think he's gone
Oh, I agree, I was just emphasizing how unlikely I think Richards' retention to be.

Old
02-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Hipster Letestu

If anyone on the board is good at the whole design thing, PuckDrawn is going to have a contest to recreate the Blue Jackets. Hasn't been posted yet on the site but he did send a notice on Twitter.

http://www.puckdrawn.com/

Old
02-14-2012, 06:13 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

For those that complain about the in-game experience at Nationwide, I went to the Sharks/Caps game last night at Verizon Center.

They had the same intro video, TV timeout videos, start of period videos, and "Make some noise!" pump-up videos that I saw when I was there two years ago for the Pens/Caps Sunday afternoon barn burner. Not to say that they're bad, because they were well-done...I was just surprised to see that they'd kept the same ones around for so long seeing as the CBJ ones tend to change.

Old
02-16-2012, 07:07 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

From Lori Schmidt's blog:

http://fearthehat.wordpress.com/2012...d-be-nice-fit/

For those who love the idea of old Jackets involved with the team, as well as for those who believe more actual hockey knowledge needs to be added to the team management. This may signal moves in those directions, anyway.

Old
02-16-2012, 07:36 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post

For those who love the idea of old Jackets involved with the team, as well as for those who believe more actual hockey knowledge needs to be added to the team management. This may signal moves in those directions, anyway.
Many will like this part of the story.

"Add that to the hockey acumen recently hired senior adviser Craig Patrick brings to the team, (Howson: “Any major decision we make, Craig will have lots of input.”), and Columbus isn’t exactly Hockey Town yet, but they aren’t quite so many miles away."

Old
02-16-2012, 08:34 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post

Lori is turning into my favorite blogger/reporter/whatever for the CBJ. I didn't know about Clark. Very nice piece she wrote there.

I like this direction. I think Clark would be a nice fit.

For whatever reason players and their families seem to love Columbus. We could really start to build a foundation of ex-players adding their experience into the organization. It's a shame we didn't do this with Dineen. It pains me everyday to see him over in Florida.

Old
02-16-2012, 08:43 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Lori is turning into my favorite blogger/reporter/whatever for the CBJ. I didn't know about Clark. Very nice piece she wrote there.

I like this direction. I think Clark would be a nice fit.

For whatever reason players and their families seem to love Columbus. We could really start to build a foundation of ex-players adding their experience into the organization. It's a shame we didn't do this with Dineen. It pains me everyday to see him over in Florida.
Going to be real painful when Nash is playing for him next season.

I agree with you on Lori. She is by far the best covering the Jackets right now. It's to bad she works for that joke of a station.

Old
02-16-2012, 08:48 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
She is by far the best covering the Jackets right now. It's to bad she works for that joke of a station.
They need to put her on air. It's just painful listening to CM and the Torg. Just listening to Torg talk out the CBJ makes me cringe. When he started talking about Bernier, I wanted to have someone disconnect his mic. I know he's a fan of the CBJ, but he's not qualified to discuss the CBJ.

Lori actually has insight.

Old
02-16-2012, 09:39 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
They need to put her on air. It's just painful listening to CM and the Torg. Just listening to Torg talk out the CBJ makes me cringe. When he started talking about Bernier, I wanted to have someone disconnect his mic. I know he's a fan of the CBJ, but he's not qualified to discuss the CBJ.

Lori actually has insight.
Lori would be great on 610 with Dave Maetzold. It's sad that Columbus' sports radio station does not even have the best sports department in town.

97.1s bread and butter is OSU talk and they can not even come close to 610s coverage. Maetzold also does a much better job covering the Jackets on his Sunday show then 97.1.

Old
02-16-2012, 09:44 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Lori would be great on 610 with Dave Maetzold. It's sad that Columbus' sports radio station does not even have the best sports department in town.

97.1s bread and butter is OSU talk and they can not even come close to 610s coverage. Maetzold also does a much better job covering the Jackets on his Sunday show then 97.1.
Never caught his Sunday show. I don't listen to radio outside of to and from work or going to lunch. I did hear Lori on that Eric Smith podcast. She can hold her own.

Old
02-16-2012, 09:53 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

It's a good show other then the short NASCAR segment that he does at the end of the show. Most weeks he will have at least one Jackets or hockey guest.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:09 PM
FANonymous

Currently the Jackets are the only team in the West with a losing record at home.

There's a few teams sitting right at .500 if you count ot/so losses as losses.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:32 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

'Bout time! (from PuckRakers):

An hour or so before practice, Richards sat down with rookie forward Ryan Johansen to discuss his playing time. Johansen was scratched Tuesday for the fifth time in seven games and the sixth time in 10 games. "Just sat down and chatted," Richards said. "In talking with him, I think he understands what I'm looking for, what we're looking for, in his games and his practices. It's getting the consistency. You see flashes of it. He's a young guy. I've said this many times. I like Ryan. I think he's going to be a great player. It's just ... he's growing right now, as a young person and as a hockey player."

Old
02-16-2012, 02:38 PM
blahblah

From the wonderful blog...

Quote:
Funny scene this morning, as detailed by Blue Jackets defenseman John Moore:

"We were having breakfast (in the player's lounge area), all the guys, this morning," Moore said. "(GM Scott Howson) came rifling in and, in front of all the guys, said, 'Hey, John, do you have a second?' Everybody around me kind of game me that look, and my heart started racing.

"He asked me if I'd talk to (Al Iafrate) about shooting later in the week. I came back in (to the room), and they were all like, 'Uhhh, what are you doing?' I said, 'He was just asking me about Iafrate," and (Carter) was like, 'Man, he's gotta chill out with that, two weeks from the deadline."
ROFL

Moore, relax. You should still be here in a couple of weeks. Not sure that's a good thing (for you, great for us). But you should still be here.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
From the wonderful blog...

ROFL

Moore, relax. You should still be here in a couple of weeks. Not sure that's a good thing (for you, great for us). But you should still be here.
Moore is awesome, I love the kid's laid back demeanor and how hard he plays. He's gives off no emotion just sits there with his mouth open while on the bench and moves pucks out of the d zone. As for Carter, thats a great quote, really hope he stays.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:49 AM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

Oh and a very happy birthday indeed to Vaclav Prospal. I'm sure you are very glad you were wearing that visor when you got struck by a puck 12 years ago. Saved your vision and your career.

Old
02-17-2012, 12:07 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

This tweet cracked me up.

“@Aportzline: RT @skeezer1212: @Aportzline are you on record about if you think they should trade Nash, *Carter? / Not my place. Reporter, not columnist.”

Old
02-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Palinka

Quote:

“@Aportzline: RT @skeezer1212: @Aportzline are you on record about if you think they should trade Nash, *Carter? / Not my place. Reporter, not columnist.”
That's the worst case of evasion since Maurice Clarett's late-night ride.

Old
02-17-2012, 12:34 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:

Someone must have told him to tone it down.

He was pushing in a few pieces for the team to cut ties with Jeff, even critizing the deal and the intentions to get him in the first place.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:38 PM
EspenK

Dancing Kevin is now featured on the main page of CBSSports.com. It is an article that links back to a video of Kevin doing his thing. notice the look of "disinterest" of the two older folks to his right (as you watch the video). Who says the Jackets don't get national exposure?

oops forgot the link http://eye-on-hockey.blogs.cbssports...94626/34865754

Old
02-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Skraut

Quote:

Old
02-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Saw on twitter Jake dissed CBJ again. Said there were more fans at the Flyers Fight for Wives Carnival than there was at a Jackets game.

Old
02-19-2012, 08:14 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Saw on twitter Jake dissed CBJ again. Said there were more fans at the Flyers Fight for Wives Carnival than there was at a Jackets game.
If true, screw him.

02-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
If true, screw him.
Agree. Was a big Jake fan and was bummed he got moved but that's beyond classless.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:01 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Agree. Was a big Jake fan and was bummed he got moved but that's beyond classless.
It would be one thing to call out the front office or coaches, that is just insulting the fans.

Closed Thread