HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose to the devils 3-1

Old
02-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 2100
At least Patches scored his 25th of the season.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:28 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Jesus Christ have you seen the d-men in front of him on most nights this year?

Weber, Kaberle, Campoli, Gill, Spacek

HOlly **** man give your head a shake!

Outside of Gorges, Subban and as of late Emelin this Defence has been disgusting at best!
If not for Price they would have the worst GAA in the league!
Spot on 100%.

A lot of people have Nash on their wish list. I think that we need to be looking at 3 BIG Dmen who can clear people away from the crease.

We lost this game because of our really sad and weak D, not because of Price.

Diaz is having a decent year. Good, trade him. He cannot clear anyone away. And as far as Weber, Kaberle and Campoli, donate them to somewhere. They are useless.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:28 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
He's got 11 goals. Eller and Plekanec have 12 each.

I guess no one fits into the long term plan then.
What's with this board and stats? You make a comment and someone throws a stupid stat at you...as if stats can't be manipulated or that they tell the whole story.

DD gets more PP time than Pleks. He also gets more favorable matchups. Pleks is tasked to SHUT DOWN other teams top lines and also plays on the PK. He also doesn't have the luxury of playing with the 2 best wingers on the frigging team. Eller gets far less ice time than DD and doesn't get any PP time. Eller is a better overall player and has far better upside. Pleks is solid.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Lions999

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
I still can't get over the fact that we are 2-12 against NJ at home in our last 14.

Bourque is slowly but surely looking like the guy Flames fans were saying he was.

Price should have stopped the 3rd goal.
Didn't see the puck

Lions999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Muminek

Quote:
Originally Posted by price131 View Post
I'm not sure what you're talking about AT ALL but we're specifically talking about this year.
my bad, misunderstood the OP

Muminek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorieu View Post
I hate to admit this but I truly believe Price is overated. You didn't see pucks going in from all over the ice on Brodeur...why does he manage to track the puck through screens and deflections. He is ten times the goalie Price is. Cunneyworth also does not use his players in a way that makes any sense at all. We can't buy a break this year and most importantly, we did not come out with anywhere near the sense of urgency we should have in the first period. This team is so frustrating, I want to see many of these guys gone and get a fresh start next year
I agree , management should have never taken halak's job from him, a job that he well earned.
So far price has been handed the job, first by BG , why, to save face because price was his high draft pick, and then PG traded away the last guy to light up the bell center, so price could have the job.

Halak loved it in montreal and was on top of his game. They sold him out !! Please don't give me what he's doing in St louis, he belonged in Montreal

We got Eller, 40 points in 140 nhls games, nothing against eller, he looks good on some nights and who knows, it may break out like max pac, but for now, its wait and see. The way that Halak played , if PG wasn't in such a hurry in getting him out of montreal, could have gotten a better deal.

I'm not a price hater, i just don't see a guy who can't stop breakaways, or shootouts and lets in soft goals in important games , being an elite goalie

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:36 PM
couris

We need a #1 center, star winger, #1 D and 1 second pairing D. good luck PG.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I still believe the Cammalleri deal was about cap space first and foremost. Bourque's contract is long but it's manageable.
[...]
What it came down to was Cammalleri wasn't pulling his weight and had the second worst contract on the team.
We agree that Cammy wasn't pulling his weight, plus he had clearly become a malcontent, so trading him and his 6 mill $ cap hit was the way to go.

My question then (and still) is why trade for another question mark winger, who an offensively challenged team had put on the market for months ? I'm sure of the other teams interrested in Cammalleri, somebody was willing to give us a 2nd rounder and a prospect, without dumping on us a semi-floater carrying a 4 years contract ! Just take on a short-term deal, even if he's not "as good" as Bourque. At least you'll be done with it quicker...

I guess it comes down to : Is he a desirable asset to posess ? Are you happy having Rene Bourque on your roster for the forseeable future ? I'm not. I don't think he's part of the solution.

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Good to see a 30 plus scorer, the only bright spots to the season, DD, Cole ,Macpac and Emilin. Also a good come back by Gorges. Hopefully Markov can do the same, won't hold my breathe on that !!

Old
02-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Listen, I've been watching hockey before many of you were thought of. I'm not pretending to be stupid enough to blame this loss on Price. This game aside, I do however believe he is overated. He is technically very sound and looks very good on the ice, but he just hasn't warranted his reputation and been the shut down goalie he needs to be on a consistent basis. Also his mental toughness is still very suspect. I agree with many of you regulars on here as to what the biggest problems with the team are (and I know goaltending isn't one of them), but watching Brodeur tonight, it struck me that Price is not even in the same category!
Block shots: 33 vs 15

Habs have always had trouble against Devil's desciplined and structured game (the very type of system that Habs fans hate ironically).

Pfff, Brodeur tonight. Are you serious? Facing 22 shots by the Habs, any goalie would look good.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:48 PM
habsrule22

gotta go 17-5 to get to 92 pts. Not happening. Sell what we can and get a good draft pick. Re-tool for next year

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
My question then (and still) is why trade for another question mark winger, who an offensively challenged team had put on the market for months ? I'm sure of the other teams interrested in Cammalleri, somebody was willing to give us a 2nd rounder and a prospect, without dumping on us a semi-floater carrying a 4 years contract ! Just take on a short-term deal, even if he's not "as good" as Bourque. At least you'll be done with it quicker...
Trying to keep everything together as the wheels are coming off. That's why.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:49 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
That's more than Ovechkin. Oh yeaaaaah.

MoldyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:50 PM
HTTP 400

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
What's with this board and stats? You make a comment and someone throws a stupid stat at you...as if stats can't be manipulated or that they tell the whole story.

DD gets more PP time than Pleks. He also gets more favorable matchups. Pleks is tasked to SHUT DOWN other teams top lines and also plays on the PK. He also doesn't have the luxury of playing with the 2 best wingers on the frigging team. Eller gets far less ice time than DD and doesn't get any PP time. Eller is a better overall player and has far better upside. Pleks is solid.
That's where you'll have a hard time prove your point. For very obvious reasons.

HTTP 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post

It was sad to note that all three goals were scored against Bourque-Plekanec-Darche.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
We agree that Cammy wasn't pulling his weight, plus he had clearly become a malcontent, so trading him and his 6 mill $ cap hit was the way to go.

I guess it comes down to : Is he a desirable asset to posess ? Are you happy having Rene Bourque on your roster for the forseeable future ? I'm not. I don't think he's part of the solution.
Agree with what your saying, if we have the right coach next season and some good rookies that will push for his job, he'll have to be on his game more then he is right now. Shape up or get shipped out

Old
02-19-2012, 08:53 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
gotta go 17-5 to get to 92 pts. Not happening. Sell what we can and get a good draft pick. Re-tool for next year
I have a feeling the 8th place team this year will only need around 88 points. The bottom teams are all struggling this year unless some of those bubble teams suddenly go on a tear until the end.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:53 PM
HTTP 400

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
We need a #1 center, star winger, #1 D and 1 second pairing D. good luck PG.
Like I said before, look at Boston's stats last year and you'll see that we're not that much in trouble. A healthy Markov and a real 4th line center is all that's missing.

HTTP 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:54 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
That's where you'll have a hard time prove your point. For very obvious reasons.
He IS a better overall player. He's better in his own zone in every facet, he's far better along the boards, and uses his size better (this one's obvious). He's a superior puck carrier and has a better shot.

I'd like to see how he would do playing with Patches and Cole all year. DD may be better on the score sheet, but I'd move DD before I'd move Eller...without question.

Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
Like I said before, look at Boston's stats last year and you'll see that we're not that much in trouble. A healthy Markov and a real 4th line center is all that's missing.
We need a LOT more than that.

Old
Glorieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Jesus Christ have you seen the d-men in front of him on most nights this year?

Weber, Kaberle, Campoli, Gill, Spacek

HOlly **** man give your head a shake!

Outside of Gorges, Subban and as of late Emelin this Defence has been disgusting at best!
If not for Price they would have the worst GAA in the league!
l
Fair enough. I agree that with a few exeptions we have a less than stellar defense. Listen I'd love to see Price realize his full potential with a better calibre defensive corps but I'm entitled to think that at least thus far in his career, he is overated! I'm talking about his body of work thus far, regular season and playoffs (remember the meltdown against the Flyers? Getting schooled by Thomas last year etc) This is my last comment on this. It will take an excellent season or two and some post season heroics (something Brodeur and other high calibre goalies have already done) for me to change my mind. As a fan I hope he does.

Glorieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:55 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
It was sad to note that all three goals were scored against Bourque-Plekanec-Darche.
Then that means they all suck and should be traded tomorrow. This place is so volatile. One day you're a HOFer, the next you're a bum.

Old
02-19-2012, 08:59 PM
habitue*

Quote:
l
Fair enough. I agree that with a few exeptions we have a less than stellar defense. Listen I'd love to see Price realize his full potential with a better calibre defensive corps but I'm entitled to think that at least thus far in his career, he is overated! I'm talking about his body of work thus far, regular season and playoffs (remember the meltdown against the Flyers? Getting schooled by Thomas last year etc) This is my last comment on this. It will take an excellent season or two and some post season heroics (something Brodeur and other high calibre goalies have already done) for me to change my mind. As a fan I hope he does.
He had a saving % over .930 and a 2.11 GPG.

You know as me, that only ONE overtime goal made the difference.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Stradale

Darche playing on the top 6 should stop. Yes he plays well. Yes he's a hard worker... but he can continue to play like that on the bottom 6.

Since splitting Eller and AK, both of them are invisible offensively. I don't what RC sees in Gomez+AK to keep them together for so long.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Block shots: 33 vs 15

Habs have always had trouble against Devil's desciplined and structured game (the very type of system that Habs fans hate ironically).

Pfff, Brodeur tonight. Are you serious? Facing 22 shots by the Habs, any goalie would look good.
They play into nj game plan, jersey just put them asleep. You would think by now
that they would have come up with a new game plan of their own when playing
jersey.
Brodeur has feasted off the habs, even now at the twilight of his games.

Just once, forget the system and just run and gun in a game or two against
new jersey, what do they have to loose !!