HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sami Pahlsson & Vermette

Old
02-01-2012, 11:02 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

vCash: 500
Sami Pahlsson & Vermette

Regarding both, individually.

How's he playing recently? What are some comparable players and is his contract to value? What does CBJ need/want?

Thanks !

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 01:57 AM
AmericanRocket91

If teams were smart they would pick up Pahlsson. The guy is still a defensive force, unfortunately no one pays attention to him. I think he would be a good pick up for the Canucks or Washington

AmericanRocket91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:20 AM
SthlmNYI

I feel Vermette could be the 2nd line center Islanders are looking for to fill the void short-term. That is, until we know what we've got in our up and coming center prospects.

But as the OP I'm not sure about what CBJ wants for Vermette..

SthlmNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:01 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
from a Flyers perspective, I'd love for them to get Pahlsson

is he still solid on the PK and on face-offs?

what would columbus want?

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:26 AM
umwoz

I could see any team interested in Neilsen going after Pahlsson if they miss out.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:44 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Pahlsson could be had for a pick. I can see a team giving up a 2nd if there's significant interest.

Vermette's a different story though. He's overpaid but I don't think he's significantly overpaid; his cap hit is certainly manageable for most of the teams in the league. He's a solid 2nd/3rd line center who wins a lot of face-offs, is usually good for 45+ points, and is responsible defensively. That said, I really don't know what his value would be. I'd think the Jackets would want a good prospect back for him but I really don't know.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Xoggz22

Pahlsson is a UFA at the end fo the year and most likely to go for a 3rd (Some think 2nd is possible but I don't see it.). 3rd seems like fair value.

As for Vermette, I think Columbus would look for a pick and a prospect if they could get it. A young roster player (not a stud but solid player) and a lower pick might also be a possibility. I think Vermette would be a good fit with the Caps or possibly Phoenix. He's a 2nd line center at best, can play wing but he's excellent with faceoffs and offers some skill and speed. Decent on the forecheck but tries to be overly creative when generating offense which has led to horrendous turnovers this year.

Columbus would move both I would. Hurts big time in the faceoff circle as that's where both are very solid. Both are good PK guys too. Pahlsson is still a top notch defensive forward. Vermette is probably a little "sell low" right now and there is no urgency for Columbus to move him but for a decent offer I think they'd love to get out of the contract given the sorry state of our team right now.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 03:47 PM
ds246pit

What about something like this:

To Columbus: Tyler Kennedy, 2012 2nd, prospect such as Strait, Bortuzzo, etc.
To Pittsburgh: Vermette, Pahlsson

I can't say what Columbus needs but with Crosby being iffy then Pens might take the risk they can fit a deal like this under the cap at the deadline.

It gives the Penguins some depth in center and i love both Vermette and Pahlsson's games. Vermette is one of those hard-working all-around type players that can fit in a bunch of situations. Pahlsson would be a great shut-down type center and would give us options if either Malkin or Staal were moved to wing.

Is this enough from Pittsburgh's side to get it done?

ds246pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Vitto79

What would the Jackets want for Pahlsson.......3rd rounder?

I dont see Vermette worth anything on that contract

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Pahlsson would be worth a 2nd round pick due to his playoff performance and versatility within the lineup.

Vermette should be traded for youth / defense potential. He won't return an established NHL defenseman that is equal to his worth in my opinion. This is because of his contract and performance this season. Worth will be gotten from Vermette by trading him for a defensive prospect that has the potential to be a #2-3 and almost certainly a #4-5 defenseman in the NHL.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:22 PM
SIDGENO8771

I'd do it in a split second.
Vermette and Pahlsson

for

Martin,Sullivan, Kennedy, Strait

Helps CLB on the defensive side.

Once Sid comes back:
Malkin-Crosby-Neal
Kunitz-Staal-Dupuis
Cooke-Pahlsson/Vermette-Pahlsson/Vermette
Adams-Vitale-Asham

Maybe Pahlsson/Vermette could even play 4C, which would mean DEPTH!

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Loso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Pahlsson would be worth a 2nd round pick due to his playoff performance and versatility within the lineup.

Vermette should be traded for youth / defense potential. He won't return an established NHL defenseman that is equal to his worth in my opinion. This is because of his contract and performance this season. Worth will be gotten from Vermette by trading him for a defensive prospect that has the potential to be a #2-3 and almost certainly a #4-5 defenseman in the NHL.
Keith Aulie is your man, but Toronto presumably wants Pahlsson instead of Vermette and I doubt they'd do Aulie for Pahlsson.

Loso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:11 PM
v3rs3

Send a message via AIM to v3rs3
Vermette to PHX

Connor Murphy + 3rd rounder to CLB

I'd love to get Murphy to his hometown team and getting rid of Vermette would be two birds with one stone.

v3rs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:04 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
mike fisher went for a 1st last year. Vermette is basically fisher without the physicality. I'd say a 2nd for him.

02-19-2012, 09:19 PM
sirkadhve

Saw this on twitter HHR _ Hockey . . .

"Rangers/Jackets: Just got a text from my NY source who said Howson & Sather had a brief meeting before puck drop over Sammy Pahlsson..."

HHR has been solid, he called the Kubina to Flyers days before

I think Pahlsson could slot in nicley on the 4th or 3rd C for Rangers. He's played close to 15 mins tonight and seeing as tho the Rangers will be looking to win 2-1, 1-0 type games in the playoffs...you'd much rather have him out there for crunch time than Boyle or Mitch

sirkadhve is offline   Reply With Quote