HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rookies leading the way

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2006, 12:46 PM
KING

vCash: 500
Rookies leading the way

http://msgnetwork.com/content_news.j...ers&league=nhl

Old
01-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Larry Melnyk

The best rookie goalie, second best rookie goal scorer, one of the best rookie D-men, the best rookie body checker and one of best (if not the) best rookie Penalty killers..All this from a second rounder and bunch of 6ths or higher...Not bad at all...

Old
01-20-2006, 08:04 PM
JCProdigy

waits for the pro-sather and anti-sather rabble

Old
01-20-2006, 10:33 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
The best rookie goalie, second best rookie goal scorer, one of the best rookie D-men, the best rookie body checker and one of best (if not the) best rookie Penalty killers..All this from a second rounder and bunch of 6ths or higher...Not bad at all...
True. Forget who gets credit, not a bad group. Does make you wish that there was some more top talent (aside from Montoya and Staal) to go with all of those.

Old
01-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
True. Forget who gets credit, not a bad group. Does make you wish that there was some more top talent (aside from Montoya and Staal) to go with all of those.
There is more talent you just either don't want to accept it or aren't smart enough to see it. It wouldn't be the first time you are wrong about the team and organization (nor the second third or 100th) nor will it be the last. Weren't you the guy saying if two rookies made it this year you would be ecstatic? Weren't you the guy who claimed this team doesn't have ANY future 1st or even 2nd line wingers? Weren't you the guy who claimed the NHL would be less popular after the lockout? Aren't you the guy who claims you don't read Larry Brooks yet you start a thread quoting his article? Weren't you the guy who gave this team no shot to make the playoffs this year? Aren't you the guy who cries about Hossa dressing over Hollweg yet can't accept the fact the Rangers have depth at the forward postion?

TB the fact that in other threads you say the Rangers have no shot againts Ottawa or Philly in the 1st round of the playoffs is a sure fire bet the Rangers would sweep them. You treat this team from Jagr to Hossa with little or no respect. Your backhanded compliments at Renney are a joke. Your posts about Jagr and the fellow Czech players are borderline ethnocentric as if Czech players and Euros aren't tough? This organization made a lot of mistakes over the past 8 years but this isn't 2003 anymore. What is all the complaining about? You are down to complaining about Rozsvial (yet you never come up with a solution of who should step into the lineup) The Czech entourage and Jagrs friends (yet when Nylander is scratched you say it's because Jagr considers Rozsvial higher up the list) and Hossa who has played two great games. You treat Jagr like you treated Messier with no respect... Yet Jagr is on his way to a Hart Trophy and is leading this team to playoffs. I know the keys the game are

1.Jagr
2.Lundqvist
3.Pk

That's the only 3 reasons why the Rangers win games? It isn't but even if it was that is no reason to be ashamed of this team. Wow the Rangers need a goalie to play well to win as if that's something new in hockey. Wow the Rangers need good penalty killing.. Jeez I'm surprised you aren't a coach to come up with something as brillant as that. Oh my god Jagr needs to score for the Rangers to be succesful. Wait a second that future 1st line player you said this team didn't have is also leading the way.

Simply Amazing........

Old
01-21-2006, 06:57 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
But, here's the point: in Prucha, you have a player who has shown top line ability this year. We are seeing a pattern in the system that some of these players are either more talented than originally thought - Dubinsky, Staal - or are more likely to fulfill their potential - Prucha, Tyutin. To me, the missing ingredient is still a #1 center. And according to Edge, the Ranger brass have intentions and the desire to fill that hole.

Old
01-21-2006, 08:05 AM
Fletch

SoS...

what's wrong with saying he'd be ecstatic if only two rookies made the team? That's something to shoot for. But I'd be surprised if he said that since many thought Kondratiev, Tyutin, Lundqvist, Moore, Hollweg and Prucha should've made this team. Some even hoped Dawes and Immonen too would make the team. Some didn't like the signing of some vets because it would block the youth from coming in (especially Tyutin and Pock). So I don't really know where you're going with that. I believe TB was excited about the prospects for lots of under 25 year olds to make the team this year - and was hoping to see a lot of them. And a lot of people talked about the high end, top line lack of talent in the pool. It does still lack. Lots of good defensemen (and I love Staal and am afraid to call him a great prospect), very good role players (which we've found that with Orts, Moore, Betts, etc., they're a very integral part of success), and those top lines are missing, by and large. Hopefully a couple diamonds will emerge from the rough.

And one correction on your three reasons.

1) is Jagr
2) is Lundqvist
3) is PK, which is half Lundqvist, but faltering of late (no doubt it misses Betts)

Last edited by Fletch: 01-21-2006 at 08:51 AM.
Old
01-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Fletch

jas...

i love Prucha to death and am ecstatic about the guy - and whined pretty hard when he wasn't playing more to start the season, and that he was sent down, but, I do wonder how Prucha produces without Jagr. In other words, if Prucha was that top line guy, say with Nylander and Sykora, and he didn't have the Jagr support. I've seen a couple Pruchas. Before playing on the PP with Jagr, I saw a guy creating a lot for himself and setting up goals. Then, once he found the net, often, he's more of a guy getting into position for the shot or rebound, and isn't carrying the puck as much. I think he played harder during the former. Having said all that, it's tough for me to say what he'd do if he were the focus. Edge once used a great analogy - it's like hitting ahead of A-Rod - you get that protection. Will, or is, Prucha the guy who can fly on his own? Personally I hope so, but I cannot say with 100% confidence that he would.

Old
01-21-2006, 08:13 AM
shoothepuck

Good to see that in a young mans game, NY's youth are leading the way. The Rangers are getting wins on the work of Lundqvist, Prucha and the rest of the rookies, and they seem to be shouldering the load well.

Closed Thread