HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Michael Del Zotto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2012, 09:44 PM
  #1
Victory*
We're Still In It
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500
Michael Del Zotto

Is he amazing or what?

I mean last year I was ready to give up on him but what an amazing turnaround

32 points and a +28. 2nd in the NHL in +- and 16th in D-man points. Just wow.

Victory* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:46 PM
  #2
NYRKING30
Registered User
 
NYRKING30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
one of his best games to date. both offensively and defensively he was brilliant for 60 mins. bravo job well done

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:46 PM
  #3
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,675
vCash: 500
IMO he's our 2nd best d-man.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:46 PM
  #4
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,990
vCash: 500
Let's trade him.

__________________
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:47 PM
  #5
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,270
vCash: 50
im very excited to see him coming around like this. he's a great super young pmd and we should be good with him for a while.

plus he's good looking so he fits our system.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:47 PM
  #6
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Let's trade him.
For a proper clock.


BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:49 PM
  #7
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
For a proper clock.

Throw in a conditional 7th and I think Toronto bites.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:50 PM
  #8
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,056
vCash: 500
Cam F-?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:51 PM
  #9
RangersFan
Registered User
 
RangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LA, CA & NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,660
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
he's become everything we could have dreamed of when he was drafted

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:51 PM
  #10
petejudge
Registered User
 
petejudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 703
vCash: 500
this forum last season was CRAZY on del zotto. ready to trade him for nothing, completely down on him. it's hilarious how quick opinions change. i could tell del zotto had this sort of talent in him but i'd be lying through my teeth if i thought he'd be at this level in the 11-12 season.

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:53 PM
  #11
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Cam F-?
Dude, I wasn't going to do it, but I figured someone would.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:54 PM
  #12
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
I remember one poster was attempting to convince me that Parlett and Del Zotto were in the same boat.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:54 PM
  #13
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,419
vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Let's trade him.
About to say this.

But I have to admit that I was on the trade MDZ boat last year.

__________________
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<
-]>++++++.>+.+++++++++++++++.>+++++++++.<-.
>-------.<<-----.>----.>.<<+++++++++++.>-------------
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:56 PM
  #14
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,857
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
this forum last season was CRAZY on del zotto. ready to trade him for nothing, completely down on him. it's hilarious how quick opinions change. i could tell del zotto had this sort of talent in him but i'd be lying through my teeth if i thought he'd be at this level in the 11-12 season.
I was still a big advocate of his last season. Young defenseman have problems. I said over and over again during the offseason that I expected him to come back and have a solid season for us this year. I had no idea though that he would be this good.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:56 PM
  #15
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
About to say this.

But I have to admit that I was on the trade MDZ boat last year.
I wasn't so much on the trade him boat, but definitely on the he better step his **** up boat.

Trading him last year would have been retarded since his value would have been lower.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:57 PM
  #16
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,419
vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
I wasn't so much on the trade him boat, but definitely on the he better step his **** up boat.

Trading him last year would have been retarded since his value would have been lower.
True, but at least some fans here came up with some pretty neat proposals.

Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:58 PM
  #17
Victory*
We're Still In It
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Cam F-?
You know, I still think i'd rather have Fowler than McIlrath. I honestly don't think McIlrath will be anything more than a 3rd pairing d-man. But that's for a different discussion.

Victory* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:01 PM
  #18
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadude View Post
You know, I still think i'd rather have Fowler than McIlrath. I honestly don't think McIlrath will be anything more than a 3rd pairing d-man. But that's for a different discussion.
You look at our defensive depth and we're really not going to have room for another offensive d-man in the top 4 with the way Del Zotto has elevated his game.... When Erixon's ready for the NHL he's going to be a 3rd pairing guy for the foreseeable future. Luckily Erixon plays an all around game and should be a contributor even with limited minutes in a 3rd pairing role (also an asset on the PP obviously).

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:04 PM
  #19
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,922
vCash: 500
His initials should be W.O.W..

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:05 PM
  #20
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,589
vCash: 500
I love our young guys...Please no Nash

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:07 PM
  #21
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
one of his best games to date. both offensively and defensively he was brilliant for 60 mins. bravo job well done

Everyone is impressed with what he did in the OT or maybe with his two assists, but what impressed me most was one defensive play that nobody remembers probably, but he pick-pocketed the forward he was defending against, and I thought to myself, "wow, this McDonagh kid is making great defense look easy," only to realize that it was MDZ.

He's really becoming a terrific defensive player. If earlier in the season you could see that his defense is the result of practice and careful thinking, right now it seems like it just comes to him naturally. I'm sure he still thinks hard to make the play, but it doesn't look it anymore.

The kid is quickly turning into a #1-quality defenseman.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:09 PM
  #22
JoeRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Everyone is impressed with what he did in the OT or maybe with his two assists, but what impressed me most was one defensive play that nobody remembers probably, but he pick-pocketed the forward he was defending against, and I thought to myself, "wow, this McDonagh kid is making great defense look easy," only to realize that it was MDZ.

He's really becoming a terrific defensive player. If earlier in the season you could see that his defense is the result of practice and careful thinking, right now it seems like it just comes to him naturally. I'm sure he still thinks hard to make the play, but it doesn't look it anymore.

The kid is quickly turning into a #1-quality defenseman.
Hes really calm with the puck in the defensive zone too.

JoeRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:11 PM
  #23
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I was still a big advocate of his last season. Young defenseman have problems. I said over and over again during the offseason that I expected him to come back and have a solid season for us this year. I had no idea though that he would be this good.

Same here. He's now what we HOPED he would be in about 5 years. Anyone who would've predicted this kind of a season for MDZ would have been run out of this forum and straight to a mental institution. He's exceeded expectations times 100.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:14 PM
  #24
aemoreira1981
Registered User
 
aemoreira1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
About to say this.

But I have to admit that I was on the trade MDZ boat last year.
You weren't the only one...I can tell you that.

As for Tim Erixon, I think that MDZ's huge rebound may have ticketed Erixon to another organization in terms of making it in the NHL. Five spots are accounted for when Mike Sauer returns, and an argument can be made that Stralman has the 6th spot locked up. Someone may end up being trade bait, because the Rangers need a more physical and punishing D-man.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:14 PM
  #25
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,675
vCash: 500
I was the biggest MDZ fan here last year.

DEAL WITH IT.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.