HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #57 vs. Columbus

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Michael Del Zotto 92 92.00%
Marian Gaborik 26 26.00%
Derek Stepan 58 58.00%
Henrik Lundqvist 15 15.00%
Ryan Callahan 20 20.00%
Artem Anisimov 32 32.00%
Brad Richards 11 11.00%
Dan Girardi 4 4.00%
John Mitchell 1 1.00%
Brandon Prust 1 1.00%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 1.00%
Carl Hagelin 10 10.00%
Anton Stralman 2 2.00%
Ryan McDonagh 2 2.00%
Other 6 6.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-19-2012, 09:50 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
No fedora for that **** effort.

1)Steve Mason
2)Rich Nash
3)Toronto's clock

Cup teams don't struggle against Columbus.
Boston just lost to Winnipeg, for the second time this season. They're winless against Carolina. Lost to Buffalo two weeks ago. So they're not contenders, right?

Columbus has wins against Detroit, Vancouver and St. Louis this year. So they're also out of the Cup picture, right?

Good teams have bad games. And this really wasn't even one of them...very easily could have been a 5-1 win.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:51 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Have to disagree. Nash did practically nothing. His contribution consisted of a single shot, where he was set up perfectly and got a redirection.

Apart from when he was falling down, Nash only made one play that stood out to me, a nice job protecting the puck in the corner, but then promptly turned it over for the Rangers to break out.
Nash was the only forward I saw who could consistently do something with the defense stifling them. His line-mates were atrocious, he had no help from his defense in the transition game, but he was still noticeable to me. Perhaps because I made an effort to watch him, but he seemed like the only forward who could get anything done.

Maybe i'm just bitter that Dubi has been a no show this season, but yeah.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:52 PM
js10

Rangers have 9 points on Boston.. woo hooo!!

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2940
Quote:
Bottom line is despite dominating we came within one shot of losing. That bothers me. When you dominate you should win 7-1 not 3-2. This is a recurring issue. They need to finish better before it bites us in the ass cause it almost did tonight.
This is hockey, not basketball. As ****** of a team one could possibly be, they could always keep a game close. C'mon dude, this was a well played game, stop trying to find something to complain about.

New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Agreed. The snipe for the goal was wicked, but, overall, I wouldn't call it a dominant performance whatsoever.
I would somewhat give him the benefit of the doubt. The Rangers had the puck nearly the entire game and he didn't really have a chance to create much. When he did get a chance his linemates did absolutely nothing. He made some nice passes and set ups along with a couple of good defensive plays that led to scoring chances for himself.

He truly is a one man show and I really notice that now.

02-19-2012, 09:53 PM
gabevh3

Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
toronto will now say

the game where we scored with 0.3 left will have to be redone cause their fake clock showed all 0.
And the 94 cup will be taken away cause we had the wrong calendar so that season never happened lmao. Shouldnt even consider the
Nhl a real league..i love how they show (photoshopped) pictures a half hour after missed calls but never half a minute after. Not sure how its not obvious to every1 how fake the pix are.they must think were idiots.

gabevh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:53 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I don't think Nash was dominant at all, don't get me wrong. But I do have to wonder what he would do with MDZ feeding him beautiful helpers on the transition, or with Gaborik and him shelling the goalie with high quality chances, or just the very fact that we can help him get out of the zone to create offense since our team isn't bad.

CBJ really is a sorry team. I do feel bad for the fanbase, they're one of the more tolerable fanbases in the game. But that team is just horrid.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:55 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Jeff Carter @ 5.273M vs Dubinsky @ 4.2M?
^ yes please.

Carter isn't flashy, he just has a great shot and can score from pretty much anywhere on the ice. What position does he exactly play because him and Richards used to play together right and they are both natural centers...

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Boston just lost to Winnipeg, for the second time this season. They're winless against Carolina. Lost to Buffalo two weeks ago. So they're not contenders, right?

Columbus has wins against Detroit, Vancouver and St. Louis this year. So they're also out of the Cup picture, right?

Good teams have bad games. And this really wasn't even one of them...very easily could have been a 5-1 win.
Completely agree. We beat Vancouver 4-0 earlier this year, but we looked downright horrid that game.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Nash was the only forward I saw who could consistently do something with the defense stifling them. His line-mates were atrocious, he had no help from his defense in the transition game, but he was still noticeable to me. Perhaps because I made an effort to watch him, but he seemed like the only forward who could get anything done.

Maybe i'm just bitter that Dubi has been a no show this season, but yeah.
He hasn't even been a no show.. He's doing everything he needs to but the puck just isn't going to the back of the net. He's one of our best PKers, he's fan-****ing-tastic along the boards and backchecks well. People are just bitter because of the contract he signed, which yeah it could've been a little less money but he was our leader scorer last year and he is a playoff performer.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabevh3 View Post
the game where we scored with 0.3 left will have to be redone cause their fake clock showed all 0.
And the 94 cup will be taken away cause we had the wrong calendar so that season never happened lmao. Shouldnt even consider the
Nhl a real league..i love how they show (photoshopped) pictures a half hour after missed calls but never half a minute after. Not sure how its not obvious to every1 how fake the pix are.they must think were idiots.
You need to take your tin foil hat off, man.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:56 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Quote:
Bottom line is despite dominating we came within one shot of losing. That bothers me. When you dominate you should win 7-1 not 3-2. This is a recurring issue. They need to finish better before it bites us in the ass cause it almost did tonight.
Completely agree. I'm happy we grabbed two points, but this win left a bad taste in my mouth. Defensively they played a great a game, but this offense has me concerned.

They dictated play for the majority of the game and created a lot of high quality chances but couldn'tfinish. That's extremely frustrating considering the poor result of last game and the fact that Mason and the Bluejackets have been nothing short of awful this season.

I think another top 6 forward would do wonders for this team and would make us an even bigger threat come playoff time. I hope that Sather will avoid Carter and Nash but beggers can't be choosers.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:58 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
He hasn't even been a no show.. He's doing everything he needs to but the puck just isn't going to the back of the net. He's one of our best PKers, he's fan-****ing-tastic along the boards and backchecks well. People are just bitter because of the contract he signed, which yeah it could've been a little less money but he was our leader scorer last year and he is a playoff performer.
We're a team full of fantastic PKers and guys who can work the boards. I like Dubinsky but he's just not been an important member of the team this year.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

It isn't a hockey thing. It's an all sports thing.

The New York Giants lost regular season games they had no business losing (Washington ring a bell?) yet won it all.

Losses happen. All wins look the same when looking at the standings. You won tonight, bottom line. Move on to the next game and try to win again and keep the No. 1 spot in the East and remain one of the best teams in the league.

You guys have a nice team. I wouldn't dwell too much on this game aside from wondering how keeping time works.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:59 PM
js10

Question:

Does MSG advertise Rangers games every 5 minutes when Knicks are playing or they do it only for Lin?? now it is little too much

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:59 PM
gabevh3

Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
You need to take your tin foil hat off, man.
Then why did they allow a goal with 0.1 left in an earlier game? That was the same clock

gabevh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:00 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post

The New York Giants lost regular season games they had no business losing (Washington ring a bell?) yet won it all.

Losses happen. All wins look the same when looking at the standings. You won tonight, bottom line. Move on to the next game and try to win again and keep the No. 1 spot in the East and remain one of the best teams in the league.

You guys have a nice team. I wouldn't dwell too much on this game aside from wondering how keeping time works.
The only thing I take from this game is that I need to get the Ranger's Nash jersey remeasured for when he suits up for us next week

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

I didn't really notice Prospal all that much tonight. Kind of glad he extended with Columbus so he can no longer be a trade deadline target for us (although even if he was available, I feel like the Rangers would have avoided him anyway).

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post

You were a great guest btw, thanks for visiting the madhouse

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by js10 View Post
Does MSG advertise Rangers games every 5 minutes when Knicks are playing or they do it only for Lin?? now it is little too much
They advertise the Rangers too.

Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:03 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
anyone have a stream for the garden renovation show?

PassShootScore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Then this should have been over well before OT .
Take the 2 but if this is what this team is bringing to the post season curb all the delusions of grandeur .
Columbus Played and was smacked yesterday and hung in there
Dude. Calm down with the negativity in each and every post.
St Louis lost to the Jackets. I think Detroit did too.
And best of all: Boston is 0-4 vs Carolina.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
We're a team full of fantastic PKers and guys who can work the boards. I like Dubinsky but he's just not been an important member of the team this year.
He's been an important member of the team for years. He deserves a shot at a cup run on this team just as much as Callahan, Staal, Girardi and Anisimov. The "what have you done for me lately?" mentality on here is ridiculous. Which is why you see so many trade proposals involving Dubi and Staal right now. Maybe I'm just crazy for having faith in Dubinsky to keep building on his .68 PPG in the playoffs.

Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabevh3 View Post
Then why did they allow a goal with 0.1 left in an earlier game? That was the same clock
Because in that instance, apparently the broadcasts had a properly synced video/clock feed. They didn't tonight.

Our feed showed 0.1. The Columbus feed showed 0.2. The official clock, which is in proper sync, showed 0.0 with the puck right on the line. Which is correct? The official clock/feed.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Real Four
Be A Ranger

AA needs more time on the PP

Real Four is offline   Reply With Quote