HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers interested in Nash: Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 09:47 PM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Hahahahahahahahah
That's pretty cold. Funny but cold. Maybe he'll delete us off his list then and we won't have to worry about trading for him.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:49 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Stupid Sexy Nash.

As I've said before, I'm not in favor of bringing him in, but OMG, he makes it so tempting.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Not saying I want him but chanting that is just ignorant.
Absolutely retarded.

Those same Neanderthals would be swooning over him the first time he lit up another team for the NYR.

Nash would be awesome, his cap-hit would not.

02-19-2012, 09:53 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Can't use a guy like Nash! Nope gimme lobster hands Prust and Boyle for twenty a game baby!
Dont forget keeping Duby who can shoot 5 feet wide on a wide open net.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:20 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

I have a bad feeling that my Dubinsky jersey is gonna be worthless soon.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
That's a serious oversimplification of the situation. Too big of a leap to say that getting Parise would make us "likely" to win the Cup. Increase our chances noticeably, sure, but that's a huge jump from saying we'd be likely to win the Cup.

Let me put it this way. If you add Parise, plus Kreider's speed, plus Erixon, plus improvement of all our young players and you only lose Fedotenko, a minor player for the team, the Rangers get much, much better.

Right now, they have the most points per game in the NHL. They are already good. Kreider and Erixon will make them better. We will likely see an improvement in play from Stepan, Hagelin, McDonagh, Del Zotto and other young kids.

So with or without Parise, this team should be a Stanley Cup contender. Add a 35-40 goal scorer to this team without taking away any assets, and the Rangers are the clear-cut favorites to win it all.

- If I'm Parise and I'm looking for a team that stands the best shot of winning the Cup, I go to the Rangers.

- If I'm Parise and I don't want to move from my house, I go to the Rangers.

- If I'm Parise and I'm looking for a team whose only hole is a top LW (which is just what Parise is), I go to the Rangers.

Adding Parise's goals, Kreider's speed and Erixon for blueline depth makes the Rangers a complete team.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Nash would be awesome, his cap-hit would not.

Perfect summation of the situation.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Let me put it this way. If you add Parise, plus Kreider's speed, plus Erixon, plus improvement of all our young players and you only lose Fedotenko, a minor player for the team, the Rangers get much, much better.

You're definitely right about that. It would be a verrryy interesting situation if that actually came to fruition.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:24 PM
mahonistan*

I would love to somehow land Milan Hejduk. Any idea how much he would cost?

Old
02-19-2012, 10:24 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:

Right now, they have the most points per game in the NHL. They are already good. Kreider and Erixon will make them better. We will likely see an improvement in play from Stepan, Hagelin, McDonagh, Del Zotto and other young kids.

So with or without Parise, this team should be a Stanley Cup contender. Add a 35-40 goal scorer to this team without taking away any assets, and the Rangers are the clear-cut favorites to win it all.

- If I'm Parise and I'm looking for a team that stands the best shot of winning the Cup, I go to the Rangers.

- If I'm Parise and I'm looking for a team whose only hole is a top LW (which is just what Parise is), I go to the Rangers.

Adding Parise's goals, Kreider's speed and Erixon for blueline depth makes the Rangers a complete team.
Your not just saying that because you're a Ranger fan?

Old
02-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Not saying I want him but chanting that is just ignorant.
One of the many cringe inducing moments at the Garden tonight. I really just don't enjoy being there. Ugh.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:46 PM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
I would love to somehow land Milan Hejduk. Any idea how much he would cost?
Too much

he's done

Old
02-19-2012, 10:49 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

I agree.

Im just not sure how we can add Parise.

It would have to be a decade contract with a cap hit under 7.

6.5 per for 10 years.

Only way I can see it fitting. Basically what Richards got. Parise is younger.

Parise. Richards. Callahan
Kreider. Stepan. Gaborik
Dubinsky. Anisimov. Hagelin
Rupp. Boyle. Prust
Mitchell. Bickel

McDonagh. Girardi
Staal. Del Zotto
Erixon. Sauer
Stralman. Bickel

Lundqvist. Biron

Looks pretty sick to me.

But signing Parise causes us to lose Gaborik when his contract expires. Because we NEED to resign Stepan, McDonagh, Del Zotto, Staal, Girardi, Lundqvist.

If it can work financially for the long-term. Without having to dismantle. Then it has to be done.

Parise doesn't require trading assets.

Parise fits this team's identity far more than Nash, Carter, or Ryan.

Just skeptical about it working financially. I don't want to lose any of the key young players.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:50 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
One of the many cringe inducing moments at the Garden tonight. I really just don't enjoy being there. Ugh.
Theres nothing funny about it, theres no reason for it. What has Nash done to deserve that? It gives NY a bad rep. What kind of message does that send to future players who may want to come to NY? I know someone stupid will give us that bs excuse about how were so passionate....ok? so that means we can be stupid too? Nash has a list of just 5 teams and the Rangers are on it. You'd think fans could appreciate that even if we cant afford him or decide not to acquire him. Contract aside, Nash is some player. He is really the only I noticed on a night where his team was dominated.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Ail
k.

Is it that New York ego that has people convinced Parise is even an option for the Rangers right now?

Honestly. The Devils are about to pass everyone in the conference except the Rangers, even if they cannot retain Parise, they will probably trade off his rights at the draft.

Even if he decides to not sign with whoever has his rights before July 1st, I'm not sure why everyone is automatically penciling him in as a lock for the Rangers.

If he is available they should definitely, and will try, naturally, but let's not jump the gun here.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:01 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Is it that New York ego that has people convinced Parise is even an option for the Rangers right now?

Honestly. The Devils are about to pass everyone in the conference except the Rangers, even if they cannot retain Parise, they will probably trade off his rights at the draft.

Even if he decides to not sign with whoever has his rights before July 1st, I'm not sure why everyone is automatically penciling him in as a lock for the Rangers.

If he is available they should definitely, and will try, naturally, but let's not jump the gun here.
Who is saying its a definite? I think its just a discussion of hypotheticals.

IF the Rangers brass wants to add another "elite" player from outside the system, then Parise would be preferable for some of us. Because it doesn't require trading assets. And its a new contract that can be negotiated to fit within the self induced cap preparing for the CBA expiration and the unknown beyond it.

Parise makes more sense than Nash, Carter, Ryan, Perry...

Old
02-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I love Zach Parise, everything about him would look fantastic in a Blueshirt. I don't know any Rangers fans that wouldn't love to have him. Despite that, we can't take his contract on either. Our prospect pool looks way too deep and we can't be signing these kids (Krieder, Miller, MDZ, McD, Step, Hags) if Parise is going to eat up more cap space.

I also don't want to have Parise or Nash's contracts wasting away for a whole year if the CBA doesn't work out and I'm stuck watching crap instead of hockey.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
if they can get the backup goalie from Vancouver or the Kings they might do some damage.
they could sign nabby in the off season

edit: so im super tired, and I somehow thought my comment was relevant to the trade talk. whoops.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:38 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

They have their reasons for not wanting him, just as you people have your reasons for wanting him.

However, they're not stupid for making up a chant. It's not like the Yankee fans who threw **** and cursed at Cliff Lee's wife in the 2010 ALCS.

So relax, and get the hell over yourselves.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:40 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I love Zach Parise, everything about him would look fantastic in a Blueshirt. I don't know any Rangers fans that wouldn't love to have him. Despite that, we can't take his contract on either. Our prospect pool looks way too deep and we can't be signing these kids (Krieder, Miller, MDZ, McD, Step, Hags) if Parise is going to eat up more cap space.

I also don't want to have Parise or Nash's contracts wasting away for a whole year if the CBA doesn't work out and I'm stuck watching crap instead of hockey.
Wanted him since he was a Fighting Sioux, called for the Rangers to draft him, and they passed. I thought the Isles were gonna take him and I knew then it would be a huge mistake to pass him up for that giant waste of a draft pick, but something even worse happened. The ****ing Devils got him. My worst nightmare. A player that I LOVED as a prospect, and whose game, intensity, and desire to win you just can't hate on going to a team that I hate almost as much as Philly and Pittsburgh.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:42 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

you guys are putting a lot of stock in the fact that we sign Parise in the off season.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
They have their reasons for not wanting him, just as you people have your reasons for wanting him.

However, they're not stupid for making up a chant. It's not like the Yankee fans who threw **** and cursed at Cliff Lee's wife in the 2010 ALCS.

So relax, and get the hell over yourselves.
The chant was started purely because the guy tied the game with 1:30 left, not because people actually don't want him on the team. How many people who were at the game chanting actually know Rick Nash's stats or his cap hit? Not every fan at the game follows things as in-depth as fans on this message board.

The Garden crowd reacts way too "in the moment" sometimes.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:51 PM
OverTheCap

The Garden can be an unforgiving crowd. Some fans are tough on opponents and even tougher on our own players... just look at the treatment Biron got the other day.

I disagree with some of the stupid things the Garden faithful does, like screaming "shoot!" on the PP or chanting "USA!" against Canadian opponents, but those fans are going to do that regardless of what I think. Rangers fans chanting "we don't want you" gives Nash a little taste of how harsh NY can be. If he doesn't think he can handle it then he should just take the Rangers off his list.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
But signing Parise causes us to lose Gaborik when his contract expires. Because we NEED to resign Stepan, McDonagh, Del Zotto, Staal, Girardi, Lundqvist.

That's probably true, but I'm ok with that. Parise is 2.5 years younger, with fewer injury problems over the course of his career (last year notwithstanding).

It would also mean that we would have both Parise and Gaborik for a full two seasons while guys like Kreider, Miller, St. Croix, Thomas, Fasth, etc are developing. We would be in prime position to win the Cup both these seasons, and when we lose Gaborik, hopefully one of the young guys can step up in the top-6.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Parise is a WAY better player than Gaborik. Overall, its like night and day. Parise = more offensively talented Ryan Callahan.

Closed Thread