HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

2-19-12 : Preds @ Stars - The Pot

Old
02-19-2012, 09:02 PM
klt2001

vCash: 500
Glad to see Suter playing better tonight and stepping up his game. He hasn't play great since the AS game imo and his mess up in the Detroit game was disappointing. Hope he continues playing better.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
As I remember for your first season to count towards UFA, you must play 40-41 games. Ellis will be over this number if he plays every remaining game. Is this a good enough reason to sit him, so we could gain an extra season?

I think he plays well enough to play every game, but I'm not the coach.
I keep seeing this reasoning pop up (not trying to single you out bill), but this isn't the reason why he might sit. His accrued seasons don't matter because he will be 27 on June 30th 2018 which will make him UFA. Even if we count this year as an accrued season, the earliest he can become UFA (going strictly by accrued seasons) is also in 2018, so there is no benefit in burning this year.

In other words he will reach the age threshold before the accrued seasons threshold.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:10 PM
klt2001

Read this on another fan site:

Quote:
Looks like Legwand gave the flu to Fisher according to Trotz.
Looks like Legwand made it up to Fisher by getting an assist tonight though

Old
02-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I hope you weren't labeling me as an Ellis hater, but there is definitely reasons to sit him. And it's not because of his play, he's just the odd man out. I know most don't agree with it, but he isn't an integral part of this team currently. He will be some day though.
Not at all. I just have no idea how you could possibly say Ellis is the odd man out and not an integral part of the team. He just as good in my opinion as weber and suter on the power play right. Ellis is 3rd on the team in Plus and minus but before you say limited amount of games he is +8. That isn't a fluke. He brings more offense than Frankie and playing better defense positionally.

There just is no way you can say he isn't an integral part of the team.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:41 PM
klt2001

Looks like a bug is going around w/ the Preds team. Saw this on another board:

Quote:
Wilson said he got the flu too. It seems to be going around the team. Since they are both playing hopefully it is just a 24 hour bug and it gets better quickly.
Quote:
If Legwand got it Friday, he was probably on the plane too. Sounds like it's just a 24 hour bug like you said.

Edit: I just saw the tweet where Trotz said Legwand got it after the game on Friday on the plane and that Mike sits next to him...lol
Quote:
Smashville tweeted he saw Mike after the game and he didn't look good...sounds like he was in locker room maybe whole game...bet he's wishing he was home & didn't have to get on a plane..Said he was pale and walking slow.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:43 PM
MrMariusz

Woooooooooo, big rebound win.

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Not at all. I just have no idea how you could possibly say Ellis is the odd man out and not an integral part of the team. He just as good in my opinion as weber and suter on the power play right. Ellis is 3rd on the team in Plus and minus but before you say limited amount of games he is +8. That isn't a fluke. He brings more offense than Frankie and playing better defense positionally.

There just is no way you can say he isn't an integral part of the team.
Anyone who consistently gets the least amount of TOI while at the same time being the most protected, isn't going to be integral simply by nature. Is he important to the 2nd PP unit? Absolutely. But that doesn't make him integral overall

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 0
Quote:
I keep seeing this reasoning pop up (not trying to single you out bill), but this isn't the reason why he might sit. His accrued seasons don't matter because he will be 27 on June 30th 2018 which will make him UFA. Even if we count this year as an accrued season, the earliest he can become UFA (going strictly by accrued seasons) is also in 2018, so there is no benefit in burning this year.

In other words he will reach the age threshold before the accrued seasons threshold.

No offense taken. Thanks for the info.

The only other reason to hold Ellis out is to see how our D looks without him. If we are going to trade for a top forward, then he may need to be part of the trade.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:54 PM
klt2001

Hopefully this doesn't affect the team for their upcoming games or pass around among the whole team:

http://www.examiner.com/nashville-pr...-lineup-sunday

Old
02-19-2012, 10:10 PM
klt2001

http://predators.nhl.com/club/podcas...id=DL|NSH|home

Old
02-19-2012, 10:13 PM
hockey diva

It's probably too late, watch for guys to be sick in the next few days. if it's a stomach bug they will be over it in a few days, flu not so much.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
It's probably too late, watch for guys to be sick in the next few days. if it's a stomach bug they will be over it in a few days, flu not so much.
I hope they don't have what is going around our office. It's taking 7-10 days to get over it.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:31 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Big 2 points. Now we need to beat the Nucks, badly.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:59 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Agreed about Blum. He's been my biggest disappointment this season.

I would normally agree with you on Bouillon, but for the past couple weeks, I thought Bouillon has been really good. I say ride him while he's hot. He was really bad before this streak though, which is why I think it won't be long before Ellis gets another shot.
Bouillon has not made half the stupid mistakes Klein has made. If your going to hate. Hate on the idiot who has earned it more.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:43 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The building completely deflated on Weber's goal. From my perspective, it was beautiful. Our dreaded tap wide of an open net almost cost us ... Smith with a chance early, I think it was Yip late ... luckily balanced by Ryder's audition tape tap wide (and arm raise).

Zone clears remained a problem. Turning the puck over just outside our blueline remained a problem.

Two huge points in the standings with a lot of firepower out.

I'm glad I spent the day heading to the AAC and missed the rants and raves on each side of the proposed scratch of a 3rd pair d-man.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:57 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Bouillon has not made half the stupid mistakes Klein has made. If your going to hate. Hate on the idiot who has earned it more.
Bouillon makes his fair share of mistakes, and does so with easier ice time than Klein sees. I know Klein is the whipping boy around here, but it doesn't mean that every critique of the team has to be focused towards him lest it be inaccurate.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:55 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Bouillon makes his fair share of mistakes, and does so with easier ice time than Klein sees. I know Klein is the whipping boy around here, but it doesn't mean that every critique of the team has to be focused towards him lest it be inaccurate.
don't try to reason with him. it's always klein's fault...including the first stars goal, when craig smith left the high man (ryder) all alone in between the circles.

Apparently, Trotz is just as dumb as the rest of us though, because he mistakingly yanked Smith off that line for the rest of the game. Why can't he see that it's always Klein's fault?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
don't try to reason with him. it's always klein's fault...including the first stars goal, when craig smith left the high man (ryder) all alone in between the circles.

Apparently, Trotz is just as dumb as the rest of us though, because he mistakingly yanked Smith off that line for the rest of the game. Why can't he see that it's always Klein's fault?
Smith messed up, I agree. Klein was fine, albeit a bit weak on that play. Where the heck was Cube, and why was Smith the guy who had to cover the net. Just a really poor sequence for several players, Klein excluded IMO.

PA - I agree that Cube has been 'better', but he still is not playing that well. Poile made a mistake counting on him to be the vet presence on the third pairing. His play has been pretty abysmal, and he has been gambling - a lot. For a small guy, his gambles have been costing him, and when you have rookie partners or partners equally prone to gaffes, this can be problematic. Cube is lucky that Pekka Rinne was on his game for most of the night because he did not play well, especially in the neutral zone. I would much much much rather play Blum than Cube right now, even with his unmotivated milwuakee play. Ellis should be in the lineup regardless. Josi is a stud - give him more minutes! Gil looked like exactly what we need for the lower pairing.

02-20-2012, 11:38 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
Hopefully this doesn't affect the team for their upcoming games or pass around among the whole team:

http://www.examiner.com/nashville-pr...-lineup-sunday
If they are showing symptoms, they need to be on the ice. Really get up close and personal with the other players. Get their team sick, too.

Bio warfare.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:03 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
If they are showing symptoms, they need to be on the ice. Really get up close and personal with the other players. Get their team sick, too.

Bio warfare.
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:08 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Maybe we should bring the other team new blankets (that have been coughed and sneezed into) a day or two before each of the few games.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:16 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.
is that a quote from bill belichick by chance?

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:18 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
is that a quote from bill belichick by chance?
Or Rex Ryan?

No, Gov. Jessie 'The Body' Ventura

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote