HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #57 vs. Columbus

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Michael Del Zotto 92 92.00%
Marian Gaborik 26 26.00%
Derek Stepan 58 58.00%
Henrik Lundqvist 15 15.00%
Ryan Callahan 20 20.00%
Artem Anisimov 32 32.00%
Brad Richards 11 11.00%
Dan Girardi 4 4.00%
John Mitchell 1 1.00%
Brandon Prust 1 1.00%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 1.00%
Carl Hagelin 10 10.00%
Anton Stralman 2 2.00%
Ryan McDonagh 2 2.00%
Other 6 6.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-19-2012, 10:22 PM
gabevh3

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
So as i understand the clock can be fine 1 day and bad the next?
Outcomes can really be toyed with this way.
Is it like that for any other sport?

gabevh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
The 5-on-3 PP unit is ridiculous. We have one play--pass it to the guy at the side of the net, who then looks for the cross-crease pass for a stuff-in. If it's not there (it never is because other teams know that's all we've got), we throw it back to the point and *****foot around with it for another 30 seconds. Where is the creativity?
I wonder how they make that beautiful play in OT but once they see a man advantage the whole plan changes. I think it's mental.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabevh3 View Post
So as i understand the clock can be fine 1 day and bad the next?
Outcomes can really be toyed with this way.
Is it like that for any other sport?
Someone at Buffalo Wild Wings didn't want to go home yet, so they hit that button which signaled Toronto to wave off the NYR goal.

Mystery solved.

02-19-2012, 10:26 PM
AHLCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Stepan was causing turnovers just about every shift he was on the ice, many of which led to scoring opportunities.
Totaly agree. Stepan's game is far from good, he can thanks to MDZ and Gabby for that empty netter.

My 3 stars
1.MDZ
2.Gabby
3.Mason

AHLCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:26 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
The 5-on-3 PP unit is ridiculous. We have one play--pass it to the guy at the side of the net, who then looks for the cross-crease pass for a stuff-in. If it's not there (it never is because other teams know that's all we've got), we throw it back to the point and *****foot around with it for another 30 seconds. Where is the creativity?
I know. It's horrible.

They are so, so scared to attempt a pass through traffic or blast one through traffic.

I mean, they dont even get shot attempts anymore with that unit. There's no movement at all.

Puck movement down low and through seams is what gives you tap-ins on 5-on-3's...rarely are goals scored above the circles on the off wing, yet thats where our guys are always milling around playing catch.

Very annoying. Once the 1st seed is clinched, I'd like to see Torts mandate every PP unit has to get at least 5 shot attempts per PP and see what happens. Because he's certainty not telling them to shoot more in games that count. And if he is and they're ignoring it, shame on him.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I don't know if we should have won this. For all we know, the all-mighty Toronto clock may have said it's only 4:30 when the puck dropped. I say we play this whole game over.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:30 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHLCoach View Post
Totaly agree. Stepan's game is far from good, he can thanks to MDZ and Gabby for that empty netter.

My 3 stars
1.MDZ
2.Gabby
3.Mason

Umm, I meant defensively. I think you've misunderstood my post.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

1-MDZ
2-Anisimov
3-Gaborik

That being said this game was terrible.

Zats Muccarello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:36 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I don't know if we should have won this. For all we know, the all-mighty Toronto clock may have said it's only 4:30 when the puck dropped. I say we play this whole game over.
Don't ever doubt this league. The league spares no expense to make the game the best that it can. Here is a picture of Bettman implementing the new state of the art official clock. It debuted tonight.

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

Worst 5-on-3 in the league.

And, honestly, now that they can no longer do the set play from Del Zotto to Callahan on the 5-on-4 since other teams have caught on, the 5-on-4 PP is back to looking like crap again.

No creativity at all, and unfortunately I don't think that's something a deadline acquisition can fix. It's not like these players are totally braindead and unskilled. There's no reason why they should passing the puck around the perimeter for the majority of the 5-on-3.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ltsthinaz

Nash is a tremendous hockey player - big, strong, fast, great shot. Can't go by what he doesn't do on a bad team where he's the focus of attention, on a better team where he wouldn't be checked by McDonagh all over the ice (and Boyle, Prust, etc), he'd be scoring tons. That said, you don't pay the King's ransom to get him, not with that cap hit, and also because if he doesn't work out his cap hit makes him untradeable for anywhere near the price you'd pay to get him.

Also think Dubinsky controls the puck an awful lot when he's out there. Yes, I'd like him to get his confidence and scoring touch back, and I'd trade him for Nash straight up, but that's not going to happen.

Like everyohne lese, MDZ was the star this game, I don't think I'd trade him straight up for Nash either. Call me crazy, but defense and goaltending wins in the playoffs, and the Rangers are developing a real powerhouse. Keep your present players, develop more good young ones, and we'll contend for the Cup every year. Too many people want to just load up for one run at the Cup. I'd prefer to contend every year.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:37 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
No fedora for that **** effort.

1)Steve Mason
2)Rich Nash
3)Toronto's clock

Cup teams don't struggle against Columbus.
I was going to post how disappointed I was with the fact that we needed overtime to beat friggin Columbus, but let's not get too crazy, during their stretch Boston needed a shootout to beat Columbus 2-1.

BTW, you're one of the biggest critics of trading for Nash. Once again this team struggles against a bad defense. The Rangers need at least one more scorer.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Stepanformayor*

I am not sure what game some of you watch? Stepan was so good on the forecheck tonight it was crazy. He is on pace for 55 points, he is 8 overall in the NHL at +24, he is 21 years old and that's not good enough for some of you goofs. Keep it going Step!!!!

Stepanformayor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I was going to post how disappointed I was with the fact that we needed overtime to beat friggin Columbus, but let's not get too crazy, during their stretch Boston needed a shootout to beat Columbus 2-1.

BTW, you're one of the biggest critics of trading for Nash. Once again this team struggles against a bad defense. The Rangers need at least one more scorer.
A scorer? Yes. Nash? No. I want a more modest top 6 option, not a $7.8M superstar.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Draft Guru

Stepan's girlfriend was in town for the weekend and at the game, obviously you knew he was gonna score the game winner tonight

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Pizza

For all you folks crapping on Dubi, just remember that a lot of you were ready to run Del Zotto out of town last year.

Look how that turned out for yuz.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
For all you folks crapping on Dubi, just remember that a lot of you were ready to run Del Zotto out of town last year.

And Gabby. Fickle, fickle people

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:01 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
I'm not blinded by the record . Pretty bad on face offs resulting in 2 ga . Col won 58% .
Herbed by Mason and the same lucky bounce we cried about that NJD got on Clarksons goal bounced our way .
Stinker not deserving of 2 points .
NYR ARE A VERY LUCKY TEAM THIS YEAR
The Rangers played 57 games. You don't lead the east by 9 ****ing points by being lucky. I've bashed this team earlier, more than needed, but calling a team lucky that's 24 games over .500 after 57 games is ridiculous. I think the Rangers has the 3rd highest goal differential in the NHL (when you don't count shootouts). As far as this game goes, they outshot them 35-23. How did they not deserve 2 points? I of course was hoping for once to win comfortably, but I'll take it. This game did prove though that we need more offense.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post

I think the biggest difference is/was that Del Zotto is not an expendable piece, even if he was having a down year because the Rangers still needed an offensive minded defensemen.

Dubinsky can be replaced, at the very least much more easily than Del Zotto can. I'm not sure that means he should be however. He should be given the benefit of the doubt. I want to see his playoff performance.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:03 PM
SnowblindNYR

To all of the people complaining that we barely beat Columbus. Columbus lost to Boston 2-1 in a shootout, beat St. Louis 2-1, and beat Detroit 4-1, I believe. **** happens. I'm not happy about it, I'm craving us blowing another team out and with a perfect opportunity we still barely win, but this Columbus team doesn't just roll over every game.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:08 PM
gabevh3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Someone at Buffalo Wild Wings didn't want to go home yet, so they hit that button which signaled Toronto to wave off the NYR goal.

Mystery solved.
Seriously this game deserves a commercial like that

Old
02-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
To all of the people complaining that we barely beat Columbus. Columbus lost to Boston 2-1 in a shootout, beat St. Louis 2-1, and beat Detroit 4-1, I believe. **** happens. I'm not happy about it, I'm craving us blowing another team out and with a perfect opportunity we still barely win, but this Columbus team doesn't just roll over every game.
This X100. We've won against tough teams too, and currently have the best head to head record vs. the Atlantic, the second best division in the league. So enjoy the win.
Edit: we had a few blowouts come our way last year. 7-0 vs Philly, 6-0 and 7-0 vs the Craps. And yet there we were, fighting for eighth spot in the East on the last day of the season.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:17 PM
gabevh3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I just got word from whats his face at the league office and yes thats correct lol

Old
02-19-2012, 11:18 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

The NHL.com headline is "Rangers survive Jackets" -- that's a bit of a misleading headline, don't you think?

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:18 PM
gabevh3

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
Don't ever doubt this league. The league spares no expense to make the game the best that it can. Here is a picture of Bettman implementing the new state of the art official clock. It debuted tonight.

Lmao look at that bettman trying to raise ratings