HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #57 vs. Columbus

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Michael Del Zotto 92 92.00%
Marian Gaborik 26 26.00%
Derek Stepan 58 58.00%
Henrik Lundqvist 15 15.00%
Ryan Callahan 20 20.00%
Artem Anisimov 32 32.00%
Brad Richards 11 11.00%
Dan Girardi 4 4.00%
John Mitchell 1 1.00%
Brandon Prust 1 1.00%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 1.00%
Carl Hagelin 10 10.00%
Anton Stralman 2 2.00%
Ryan McDonagh 2 2.00%
Other 6 6.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-19-2012, 11:21 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1135 View Post
I missed the beginning of the game, but did the Rangers do anything for Gary Carter like what the Habs did?
A per Ric Carpinello from the Journal News; they made mention of it and showed some pics of him on the Jumbotron during Thursday's game and he got a nice and loud standing ovation.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
I think the biggest difference is/was that Del Zotto is not an expendable piece, even if he was having a down year because the Rangers still needed an offensive minded defensemen.

Dubinsky can be replaced, at the very least much more easily than Del Zotto can. I'm not sure that means he should be however. He should be given the benefit of the doubt. I want to see his playoff performance.
He was seen as VERY expendable by many just a few months ago. I remember seeing many posts that Erixon would be replacing him as our puck moving D man. So he should be traded forthwith.

It was ridiculous. Much the same as a lot of the talk about Dubinsky is now. Same hyped out, hysterical non sense.

A few lousy months or even one season does not a career make. Dubi will make a lot people around here look like clowns before too long.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:24 PM
gabevh3

Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
We should all call bettmans show but theyre just gonna hang up if we mention that or the nyr. Damn mafia bush league.

gabevh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:27 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

They played hard tonight. This had the feeling of one of those goofy "NY team playing well losses to a last place team" games that I'm all too familiar with in different sports but it turned out OK because this year's Rangers team is different.

No real complaints besides that 5 on 3. Mason played well.

Carter was completely invisible tonight, pass on him. Nash was good, but hardly dominant. That cap hit is ridiculous so pass.

Pahlson is good but I'd really prefer the grit of Moen and/or Gaustad.

And as for history; may I remind people here that the first ever game played between the Rangers and the Expansion Sharks at MSG went to OT before Leetch won it. And that was a President's Trophy winning team!

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Just got back from the game- sometimes our fanbase makes me scratch my head. Regarding the "We don't want you" chant: I thought it was so idiotic. #1 Rick Nash couldn't give a **** what you're chanting- he just scored the game-tying goal and all he's thinking about is winning the game. #2 If we acquired Rick Nash tomorrow 95% of the people chanting would be ecstatic we acquired a consistent 30-40 goal scorer. /rant

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:34 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
I think the biggest difference is/was that Del Zotto is not an expendable piece, even if he was having a down year because the Rangers still needed an offensive minded defensemen.

Dubinsky can be replaced, at the very least much more easily than Del Zotto can. I'm not sure that means he should be however. He should be given the benefit of the doubt. I want to see his playoff performance.
No, it's the same principle. All last year you had the same people throwing Del Zotto into every trade proposal, calling his rookie year a "fluke" and wanting to get something for him while he still had value. It got ten times worse when Erixon was brought in (and people were penciling Erixon in on the 2nd pairing and putting MDZ in Hartford).

Dubinsky is having a down year. Just about every player has one. Half the players this board drools over didn't accomplish half of what Dubi has by the age of 25, but they're too stuck on their "OMGZ, Dubi didn't score this game he sucks!" crusade.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:34 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Just got back from the game- sometimes our fanbase makes me scratch my head. Regarding the "We don't want you" chant: I thought it was so idiotic. #1 Rick Nash couldn't give a **** what you're chanting- he just scored the game-tying goal and all he's thinking about is winning the game. #2 If we acquired Rick Nash tomorrow 95% of the people chanting would be ecstatic we acquired a consistent 30-40 goal scorer. /rant
I'll be the first to bash the trade and im sure others will too.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:35 PM
js10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Worst 5-on-3 in the league.

And, honestly, now that they can no longer do the set play from Del Zotto to Callahan on the 5-on-4 since other teams have caught on, the 5-on-4 PP is back to looking like crap again.

No creativity at all, and unfortunately I don't think that's something a deadline acquisition can fix. It's not like these players are totally braindead and unskilled. There's no reason why they should passing the puck around the perimeter for the majority of the 5-on-3.
you definitely did not see Penguins score 5-on-4 and 5-on-3 shorthanded, minutes apart, in one game against Flyers.. even more atrocious than Rangers!!!

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Rangers badly outplayed Columbus tonight. shouldnt have gone to OT...just some bad luck/inability to finish.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
I'll be the first to bash the trade and im sure others will too.
And if he turns out to be great for us? You won't.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I honestly don't care about the locker room. If there was a Dubinsky for Malkin trade on the table, would you do it? It would mess up the locker room, but this is business. If you can make the team better, you do it.
Malkin would make any team he is on better.

Nash has not made the one team he's played on better.

That is the difference between them. Malkin is elite. Nash is not. Malkin will be paid $9 million this year and is worth every cent. Nash...$7.8 million and not so much.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:04 AM
Pizza

Quote:
If he puts the team on his back, I'll be the first to say I was wrong. But if we make that deal I have this nasty feeling they'll be booing him inside a year. I think he'll have a very tough time meeting expectations.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:20 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Key word: "if"

If he fails to live up to his contract and prevents us from keeping all of our young players, it would be an unmitigated disaster. There would be "if" scenarios all over acquiring Nash.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Nash is a good player. If he made 5.5-6.0, I'd make a move for him. But there is too much risk with that high of a cap hit on him.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:27 AM
RangerBlue24
LGR

Hey everyone, I'm new here. Hell of a game tonight. So many chances for us this game should've never gotten to OT. Anyways, great goal by Stepan for the win! A Rangers win was definitely a nice birthday gift for me! Well, this is all I have for my 1st post. Bring on Pittsburgh!

RangerBlue24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:30 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Fans at the Garden make me facepalm all the time though this chant wasn't one of those times. I'd scratch my head at why everyone has to yell shoot the moment the puck is brought into the zone on the PP. It's like people don't understand the fact that you have to set up a PP and not just launch the puck every time you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Nash is a good player. If he made 5.5-6.0, I'd make a move for him. But there is too much risk with that high of a cap hit on him.
Agreed.

02-20-2012, 12:31 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue24 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new here. Hell of a game tonight. So many chances for us this game should've never gotten to OT. Anyways, great goal by Stepan for the win! A Rangers win was definitely a nice birthday gift for me! Well, this is all I have for my 1st post. Bring on Pittsburgh!
Welcome to the boards and happy belated birthday

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:34 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Also, here's my thoughts on the non goal. Just copied my post from the main board since I'm too lazy to write out a new one.

Was at the game so I was upset when I saw it wasn't a goal after getting a thumbs up from the Rangers guys in the TV booth.

From what I understand, there are 4 different clocks. The CBJ broadcast, the NYR broadcast, the MSG in arena scoreboard clock, and the video judge clock which is the most official one of all. I just don't understand how the scoreboard clock isn't synced up with the video judge clock unless the MSG broadcast showing the scoreboard clock wasn't synced up properly with their video.

Guess the only way to answer it is if anyone has a screenshot of the goal with the goal light in the back.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:35 AM
RangerBlue24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Welcome to the boards and happy belated birthday

Thanks!

RangerBlue24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:58 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Guess the only way to answer it is if anyone has a screenshot of the goal with the goal light in the back.
The goal light has to be triggered by the goal judge. By the time he pushes the button time is long expired anyway.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:03 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue24 View Post
Welcome.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:10 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
The goal light has to be triggered by the goal judge. By the time he pushes the button time is long expired anyway.
That's my fault, meant the light signifying the end of the period. Don't know why I called it the goal light lol

Old
02-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Inept offense keeps the opponent (in this case, the worst team in the NHL) in the game again, and another triumphant struggle ends in OT.....Poor Ol' Toots was a -3..When the post season starts our offensive Juggernaut will be our Achilles heel...Mark it down..

Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:37 AM
Boyle Knows Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
He was seen as VERY expendable by many just a few months ago. I remember seeing many posts that Erixon would be replacing him as our puck moving D man. So he should be traded forthwith.

It was ridiculous. Much the same as a lot of the talk about Dubinsky is now. Same hyped out, hysterical non sense.

A few lousy months or even one season does not a career make. Dubi will make a lot people around here look like clowns before too long.
You are overrating Dubinsky.

Last season, he scored 8 goals after January first. He scored 14 goals after November 7th. He has scored 14 goals in the last 102 games. He has scored 20 goals in the last 117 games.

Last season he started super hot and then fell back to earth. He has yet to regain the his form from the first 13 games of last season (when he scored 10 goals).

The player we have seen this season (and every other season of his career) is the player he is. A nice grinder who will chip in 40 or so points and maybe hit 20 goals.

He has been a bit snake bitten this year, with his lowest sh% ever, but even if you put it up to his career average of 9.4% he would only have 9 goals right now. Shoot that up to his career high of 12.4% and he only has 11 goals.

He is not a particular offensive talent. I would not be surprised if he never hits 50 again. His last season was the result of a incredible start, and more ice time then he will likely ever see again (20+ a game).

He is in 5th full season. Chances are what you see is what we have.

Boyle Knows Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:54 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
This X100. We've won against tough teams too, and currently have the best head to head record vs. the Atlantic, the second best division in the league. So enjoy the win.
Edit: we had a few blowouts come our way last year. 7-0 vs Philly, 6-0 and 7-0 vs the Craps. And yet there we were, fighting for eighth spot in the East on the last day of the season.
And that 2-1 shootout loss to the Bruins was as impressive of a loss as any in the league. Boston was playing hockey at the time that hasn't been seen in the league in years. That was right in the thick of their dominant stretch. They also lost 5-3 to Boston during that stretch in a close game where I believe they had a lead once or twice.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote