HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

All Things Binghamton Senators Part V

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2012, 10:02 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

vCash: 500
All Things Binghamton Senators Part V

Continue from previous thread:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=919856

Old
02-18-2012, 11:32 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Are you a girl?

Old
02-19-2012, 12:53 AM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
So let's follow up our discussion..

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson
My mistake.

But my point remains. There is a pretty big difference between boo'ing a player playing for the other team and a player playing for your team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski

Soooo, ya'll booed current d-man Gonchar during opening night line-ups..hmmmm

Old
02-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Bueller

Pretty big difference between the Petersson and Gonchar situations. Gonchar was booed on opening night for his effort (or lack thereof) on this play:

I definitely don't condone booing anyone on the team as they're being introduced before the home opener, but it's understandable where those fans that did were coming from.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Pretty big difference between the Petersson and Gonchar situations. Gonchar was booed on opening night for his effort (or lack thereof) on this play:

I definitely don't condone booing anyone on the team as they're being introduced before the home opener, but it's understandable where those fans that did were coming from.
What about a player that insults your city, is that understandable?

Old
02-19-2012, 06:48 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I/think/this/is/water/under/the/bridge/now/as/AP/has/cleared/the/air/speaking/to/the/media/last/night.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:14 AM
sens83

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
I/think/this/is/water/under/the/bridge/now/as/AP/has/cleared/the/air/speaking/to/the/media/last/night.
That's called damage control. Kliendorst's quote shed much more light on the situation.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
I emphasize on the word "insults".

Do you have the quotes? Because it didn't look like insults to me. Not even close. Oh and keep in mind that it was translated from Swedish and coming from a Swedish media apparently not very credible (that's what some Swedish posters said)

Old
02-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Bueller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
Yes, although I feel like the "go home Andre" chants were a little over the top.

Now that's he apologized, hopefully the booing stops.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:27 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Wow, this is sad news from a young man who obviously made a huge mistake. I would think that if it does not change in Bingo then Murray will have to consider bringing him up to Ottawa for the remainder of the season. I guess we'll also see what Petersson is made of & whether he can weather the storm. If he can start scoring again & win games for Bingo it might go a long way to soften the uproar against him right now. This certainly doesn't help the relationship Ottawa & Bingo, not to smart on Petersson's part, what did he think people would do when he insults their city. Look what people think of Heatley for wanting to be traded.

On another note did anyone see what the Rimouski fans did to that Mackinnon kid for not wanting to play in Rimouski & was traded to Halifax? Some fans dressed up like babies, it reminded me of the Lindros hate by Quebec fans because he didn't want to play in Quebec city. Grown men, middle aged men dressed in diapers, with a baby bonnet on & a soother in their mouths all over a 16 yr old's decision to play closer to home. Unbelieveable some people's emotional response to a hockey game or a player, just so way over the top. It's just a game tabernacle.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:09 AM
poneri

northamerica

The guy apologized for what he said to a Swedish newspaper, i don't think he meant it 100% seriously either but to be honest i don't blame him for what he said. What i wonder though is what kind of sad individual sought out a Swedish interview and spread it like aids?

And also who the **** gets on a guy like that? i can promise you that more players than him feel the same way.

This whole debacle only proved his point more since they have nothing else to do in that city except stalk hockey players and then mass bully them.

to another great American day of history.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:35 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by poneri View Post
The guy apologized for what he said to a Swedish newspaper, i don't think he meant it 100% seriously either but to be honest i don't blame him for what he said. What i wonder though is what kind of sad individual sought out a Swedish interview and spread it like aids?

And also who the **** gets on a guy like that? i can promise you that more players than him feel the same way.

This whole debacle only proved his point more since they have nothing else to do in that city except stalk hockey players and then mass bully them.

WTF are you talking about?

Old
02-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

While I never condone booing players at home, I can understand why Binghamton fans did so.

Booing Gonchar was different. It was for a percieved lack of effort that could have been the result of a variety of factors. I really didn't feel it was necessary.

Petersson, however, made some incredibly stupid comments about the city he's playing for. I would never expect the Binghamton fans to allow those comments to slip by. It was idiotic for Petersson to say anything other than positive things about Binghamton. What did he think would happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Eugene
Keep up the good work booing our young prospects, that will clearly endear Bingo to the Senators franchise and allow you to keep your team!

AP is a billion times more important to the Senators than the city of Binghamton.
If the Senators are so worried about their little prospects being ruined by those mean folk from Binghamton, they'll break association when they can. But don't act like it's the Binghamton fans who are at fault here. They defended their city just like many of us would defend Ottawa. I understand that Petersson is 21 and still has a lot to learn, but learning to not make disparaging comments about the city you're playing for is one of the first things you should understand when playing any sport for any city. It's basic knowledge.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:59 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Patrick Harris View Post
While I never condone booing players at home, I can understand why Binghamton fans did so.

Booing Gonchar was different. It was for a percieved lack of effort that could have been the result of a variety of factors. I really didn't feel it was necessary.

Petersson, however, made some incredibly stupid comments about the city he's playing for. I would never expect the Binghamton fans to allow those comments to slip by. It was idiotic for Petersson to say anything other than positive things about Binghamton. What did he think would happen?

If the Senators are so worried about their little prospects being ruined by those mean folk from Binghamton, they'll break association when they can. But don't act like it's the Binghamton fans who are at fault here. They defended their city just like many of us would defend Ottawa. I understand that Petersson is 21 and still has a lot to learn, but learning to not make disparaging comments about the city you're playing for is one of the first things you should understand when playing any sport for any city. It's basic knowledge.
FYI, contract expires end of this season. Fans here in Bingo have been waiting on word of extension, so far, crickets. Season tickets are being sold for next year and the AHL president has gone on record to say that all the current AHL cities will have AHL teams next season. Whether affiliations change or not is a different story.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:33 PM
tenpinsplit

Quote:
Originally Posted by poneri View Post

stalk the players?! it is not like someone snuck around and stole his diary, it was a public interview. and 95% of the people that walk the streets here would not recognize any of the bsens if they saw them out and about. stalking is the farthest thing from happening.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

And the question that still remains unanswered is.....why do so many players come out and diss binghamton publicly (knowing what's going to happen after they do it); and how come even cities like Elmira don't get this stuff happening to them. This is now becoming an annual occurrence.

And why am I not surprised that this has turned into, what an idiot Petersson is, NOT for what he said but because he said it publicly. And what did he say exactly? binghamton is a boring place. Wow, what an insult. Now if he would have said that the people of binghamton are a bunch of country bumpkins and that they all look like a tub of goo, well I can see where they would have something to get upset about, but geez, binghamton is boring??? really, that's what's got everybody's panties in a knot?

Old
02-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Sentient

I agree with Maindot that this should now be water under the bridge, with AP having learned a valuable lession about professionalism, the hard way. I suspect most Binghamton fans will, sensibly, move on in short order. I had the opportunity to take in a second round playoff game there during the cup run last year and the fans were great and very friendly. My wife and I had a wonderful time and will certainly visit again. I think the relationship between the Binghamton and Ottawa franchises has generally been positive under the Murray regime, which is not to say that there have not been some foul-ups and management decisions that did not look as good as they might have, with hindsight. As a Senators fan I support both teams and wish them well. I would be shocked if the affiliation agreement is not renewed.

Cheers,

Sentient

Old
02-20-2012, 06:00 PM
pepty

vCash: 492
Here are some comments from a man I admire, Mr Kurt Kleinendorst:

I can tell you that this has been one of my favorite cities as a coach. I've been around to a number of different places, and there have been others that I really enjoyed. But I can tell you that I really do enjoy it here. I enjoy coaching here. I think if you were to talk to the majority of the players, I think they enjoy it here. I've met some of the nicest people here. I love the fact that our fans, I mean, this year's a great example the patience that they've shown with us.

"I think that what it shows is that we have fans that are educated. I really do. Because I think anybody that watches us play, generally can see that it's a very young group trying to find their way that, for the most part, make an honest effort every single night. And I think we've done that. And I think that the fans realize that. And so I give them a lot of credit for that.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:34 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

I don't think "stalking players" is really an appropriate observation. I doubt if anyone from the Sens (last year's cup-winning team or this year's team) walked down the street if anyone would even know.

I sincerely doubt Murray would bring AP up to Ottawa simply for some remarks he made in the paper. He really hasn't earned the right to play in Ottawa and I would expect more production out of him to warrant a call up. The previous call-up was more a situational call-up not an earned one.

I can't believe that there's some sort of animosity between Ottawa and Bingo. Makes me sad to think that if Bingo affiliates with a different NHL club that we'll lose posters like Ski, sens83, zekea, etc.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
I don't think "stalking players" is really an appropriate observation. I doubt if anyone from the Sens (last year's cup-winning team or this year's team) walked down the street if anyone would even know.

I sincerely doubt Murray would bring AP up to Ottawa simply for some remarks he made in the paper. He really hasn't earned the right to play in Ottawa and I would expect more production out of him to warrant a call up. The previous call-up was more a situational call-up not an earned one.

I can't believe that there's some sort of animosity between Ottawa and Bingo. Makes me sad to think that if Bingo affiliates with a different NHL club that we'll lose posters like Ski, sens83, zekea, etc.
Thanks Main, and we're not going anywhere..as long as the B-Sens have a place to play next season we'll be good to go..gotta get that lease situation locked up w/ The Arena first..

Old
02-21-2012, 07:36 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickabrat View Post
And the question that still remains unanswered is.....why do so many players come out and diss binghamton publicly (knowing what's going to happen after they do it); and how come even cities like Elmira don't get this stuff happening to them. This is now becoming an annual occurrence.

And why am I not surprised that this has turned into, what an idiot Petersson is, NOT for what he said but because he said it publicly. And what did he say exactly? binghamton is a boring place. Wow, what an insult. Now if he would have said that the people of binghamton are a bunch of country bumpkins and that they all look like a tub of goo, well I can see where they would have something to get upset about, but geez, binghamton is boring??? really, that's what's got everybody's panties in a knot?
He trashed the arena and the city. He said something along the lines of "google binghamton, don't go there". That isn't the same as saying it's boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentient View Post
I agree with Maindot that this should now be water under the bridge, with AP having learned a valuable lession about professionalism, the hard way. I suspect most Binghamton fans will, sensibly, move on in short order. I had the opportunity to take in a second round playoff game there during the cup run last year and the fans were great and very friendly. My wife and I had a wonderful time and will certainly visit again. I think the relationship between the Binghamton and Ottawa franchises has generally been positive under the Murray regime, which is not to say that there have not been some foul-ups and management decisions that did not look as good as they might have, with hindsight. As a Senators fan I support both teams and wish them well. I would be shocked if the affiliation agreement is not renewed.

Cheers,

Sentient
This! Come back anytime, we appreciate the fans that actually come to Bingo and see what we are really like.

Old
02-21-2012, 07:39 AM
sens83

Changing topics back to what we should be focused on.

I think that people should watch out for DD next year challenging for a spot on Ottawa. Dziurzynski has seemed to kick his development into another gear the past month or so. Something clicked with him recently, similar to OB. I could easily see letting Winchester go and having DD replace his role.

Old
02-21-2012, 08:01 AM
pepty

vCash: 492
Does Kleinendorst have a contract beyond this year?

Old
02-21-2012, 08:44 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Does Kleinendorst have a contract beyond this year?
I don't think so, I could be wrong though. I really hope they retain him, but to be honest the guy deserves a shot at a NHL job.

Old
02-21-2012, 08:52 AM
operasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Changing topics back to what we should be focused on.

I think that people should watch out for DD next year challenging for a spot on Ottawa. Dziurzynski has seemed to kick his development into another gear the past month or so. Something clicked with him recently, similar to OB. I could easily see letting Winchester go and having DD replace his role.
I think, with his setback, he is done here for the rest of the season (Winchester). That makes it really hard to set a price for re-signing him. Same with Regin

Closed Thread