HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jack Campbell to Edmonton

Old
02-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Satan
why did she go

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
GMJN won't trade Campbell, or he'll look like an even bigger idiot for picking him instead of Gormley or Fowler.
Pretty much this.

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:48 AM
plikestechno

vCash: 500
Seeing that his plane has almost touched down in bust-town, I wouldn't say much.

But we need to get someone. Jack Sparrow would do a better job than the two clowns we have right now and probably Jack Campbell too.

Like defensemen, the Oilers do best when they grab established NHL goaltenders as opposed to prospects as they can't seem to be able to develop either properly.

LOL at the 2010 draft. McIlrath was selected before Campbell and there were some "interesting" picks before then too. Cam Fowler can't actually defend but he's helped the Ducks win some games for sure.

plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:24 AM
Slatsmsg

vCash: 370
There are other alternatives out there besides Campbell (that are NHL ready)...Rask, not an option, Schneider, not likely given the animosity between the teams, Bernier, not likely given the relationship between Tambo and DL.

What about Lindback from the Preds? Markstrom from the Panthers (yes the Oil would have to pay big, not that I see FLA moving Markstrom, they have a great prospect group that could be huge in the next bit).

I have been tooting the horn of "just you wait" when the Oilers group would finally come together but I really do want a playoff berth at some pt in this process.

Cal Feaster, ask him if Ramo is available??? Look to the Isles, try and grab Poulin, Montoya, Koskinen.

Oilers have depth at F and D coming but Tyler Bunz is the only goalie spec in the system worth noting and he is a ways off. Dubnyk has shown he cant be a number one at this level.

As for Campbell, shrug, he looked great with Hall and Ellis on his team. Goalies take awhile to mature...could turn out okay at some pt

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:53 AM
Brand New Stars

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
Seeing that his plane has almost touched down in bust-town, I wouldn't say much.
A goalie drafted less than 2 years ago is not a bust.

Brand New Stars is online now   Reply With Quote