HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread V

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 04:05 AM
Minor Boarding

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I'm really not too concerned about what Kopi thinks about our organization. I'm pretty fed up with Kopi and his soft play. When Yotes netminder Smith pushed Kopi around the other night, that truly was pathetic. What 6'4 230 lbs hockey player gets pushed around by a goalie?

I know this board loves Kopi, but I'm definitely not one of them.
That's well documented. How's Kings MVP Mike Richards doin'?
He seems to be replacing Simmonds nicely with his 40Pts pace.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:11 AM
professorhov83

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
Matthew Barry says otherwise
http://bigmouthbarry.com/
its always a good thing when Barry says its not going to happen, which means it might, when he says something will happen, that 99.9% of the time wont. No news or bad news from Barry usual means good things. He has been quite these couple of days which worries me.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:14 AM
professorhov83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
That's well documented. How's Kings MVP Mike Richards doin'?
He seems to be replacing Simmonds nicely with his 40Pts pace.
When will people get it that Richards is a set up guy, someone who needs wingers that can score. Simmonds would not even be close to 20 goals on this team. Some people really need to open their IQ about hockey knowledge. If the Kings played the same way Philly did then hell Penner might even have 20 goals. Simmonds camps in front of the net, and plays on a high passe team. Richards does things that never show up on the stat sheet. If Richards had some decent wingers people might think other wise.

Old
02-20-2012, 05:19 AM
johnjm22

Points Per Minute Ice Time at Even Strength Playing Under LA's system:
09-11 Season Simmonds: 26:40 (2nd most even strength points on the entire team)
10-11 Season Simmonds: 34:33
11-12 Season Richards: 38:29

Old
02-20-2012, 05:27 AM
guderian

Dean likes multiteams deals so why not something like this:

To Los Angeles:
JVR, Read

To Columbus:
Bernier, Mezaros, Loktionov, 1st rnd pick(Phi), 3nd rnd pick(Tor)

To Philadephia:
Nash

To Toronto:
Penner

LA could try to drop Stoll for some kind of 2nd or mid round pick and then go after someone like PAP or Knuble for picks

JVR-Kopi-Williams
Brown-Richards-Read
Clifford-Lewis-PAP
Richardson-Frazer-Westgarth

Old
02-20-2012, 06:10 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by guderian View Post
Dean likes multiteams deals so why not something like this:

To Los Angeles:
JVR, Read

To Columbus:
Bernier, Mezaros, Loktionov, 1st rnd pick(Phi), 3nd rnd pick(Tor)

To Philadephia:
Nash

To Toronto:
Penner

LA could try to drop Stoll for some kind of 2nd or mid round pick and then go after someone like PAP or Knuble for picks

JVR-Kopi-Williams
Brown-Richards-Read
Clifford-Lewis-PAP
Richardson-Frazer-Westgarth
I actually think I would do that.... JVR + Read would give us some good depth. Just dont think it can happen.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:13 AM
SuperAlmeida

Darren Dreger: "Dean Lombardi is willing to throw 'everything' he has for Rick Nash". @TSN Radio 1050. LINK

Shortly afterwards he admitted that he took a little much, but still thought that Dean Lombardi is desperate.

He mentions Jeff Carter as plan B.

Ales Hemsky could be plan C.

Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 02-20-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old
02-20-2012, 08:47 AM
SuperAlmeida

Derek Roy had a really good game yesterday. I know he's a center but I would love to have him in our team! What do you think?

Old
02-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Do not want JVR any more. Injured and overpaid.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:28 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
He knows about as much as any of us do. He's just a whiny fan that makes stuff up for Eklund. Don't let him fool you, I can't believe people actually visit his site looking for news.
That simply not true.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I honestly don't think Nash wants to come to LA.

Sounds like LA has had to force themselves into the talks and are going to seriouly outbid other teams. My guess is that Philly or NYR get him at the deadline.

JVR, Schenn/Coutourier, Bobovsky

or

Krieder, Dubinsky, McDonagh/Del Zotto

or

JJ, Bernier, Loktionov/Voynov/Toffoli

or

Kadri, Gardiner/L.Schenn, Reimer

I think Clm maximizes the deadline and takes the Philly package and then looks to move Carter to a desperate LA and Dean Lombardi.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
he's on pace for 70 and his career average is 74. does he deserve some blame sure but i wont throw him under the bus until i see him with a legit 1st line winger.
How about Kopitar actually does something that most elite players do, and make his wingers better? People are always blaming his shortcomings on the lack of a "legit 1st line winger." Kopitar has the talent to make people around him much better. He just fails to do it more often than not. How many times do we see him enter the zone, take it wide, circle the net, and then just reverse it for someone else to take. Where's the authority to his game? He's complacent just being good enough. If the Kings ever want to go somewhere, he needs to be better than "good enough."

Kopitar career PPG
2006-2007: .847
2007-2008: .939
2008-2009: .805 ("Defensive-focus season")
2009-2010: .988
2010-2011: .973
2011-2012: .847

For someone who is supposed to be entering/in his prime, it's a bit disconcerting to see him having what amounts to his second worst season ever. It's not as if Kopitar had amazing wingers when he was putting up nearly a point per game. Ryan Smyth? Dustin Brown? Justin Williams? Two of those three names have played a large portion of this season on his line. I don't think the wingers can be blamed for his poor performance this season.

Kopitar is one of the chosen leaders of this team, yet he disappears for incredibly long stretches of games during the course of a season. Maybe it's no wonder the rest of the team is following suit.

Quote:
Why a 40 games, because that's enough to include the december slump and exclude his hot streak from the start of the season? Why don't you then take all of the games? Make a normal comparission of a few players for the past 10 or 20 games.
What's so wrong with 40 games? It's half of an NHL season. It's pretty well established that Kopitar has a history of starting off each season amazingly hot and then trails off considerably. This season is no different. At what point is Kopitar going to demand more out of himself to get beyond these extended droughts?

Kopitar is in his 6th season in the league, and it's becoming more and more evident that he just isn't quite the elite player we thought we were getting. Don't get me wrong, he's obviously a very good player. However, he has the talent to be better, but he just hasn't progressed offensively like has been expected of him.

Here are his stats since the New Year:
20 GP
6 goals
9 assists
15 points (.75 PPG pace)

Hardly stellar. That eliminates the "December slump" you were worried about, too.

Quote:
Kopitar provided 45% of the Kings scoring this season, now if you scratch that you have the worst team in the NHL.
Honestly, that's a pretty moot point considering Quick's play has had a much greater impact on the team this season than Kopitar's.

EDIT: Before anyone jumps on me, I'm speaking offensively. I'm not questioning his defensive effort/ability here.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:18 AM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
He's an interesting read. He's setting himself up if he doesn't know something, considering we are looking for an elite winger.
Nothing really to set himself up for, everyone already knows he's a joke.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:20 AM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
That simply not true.
Yes it is. Trust me.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...s-getting-nash

Nice breakdown on Nash and teams interested by LeBrun

Old
02-20-2012, 11:51 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Darren Dreger: "Dean Lombardi is willing to throw 'everything' he has for Rick Nash". @TSN Radio 1050. LINK

Shortly afterwards he admitted that he took a little much, but still thought that Dean Lombardi is desperate.

Then when the host presses him he quickly backpedals.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Kingurentai

I'm not going to mention specific guys, but many of these websites make $ off site hits.
So does this very site.
Crazy rumor = hits = more $

Which is why I refuse to click on those rumor sites. It's just plain shady. Legal, but shady.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
How about Kopitar actually does something that most elite players do, and make his wingers better? People are always blaming his shortcomings on the lack of a "legit 1st line winger." Kopitar has the talent to make people around him much better. He just fails to do it more often than not. How many times do we see him enter the zone, take it wide, circle the net, and then just reverse it for someone else to take. Where's the authority to his game? He's complacent just being good enough. If the Kings ever want to go somewhere, he needs to be better than "good enough."

Kopitar career PPG
2006-2007: .847
2007-2008: .939
2008-2009: .805 ("Defensive-focus season")
2009-2010: .988
2010-2011: .973
2011-2012: .847

For someone who is supposed to be entering/in his prime, it's a bit disconcerting to see him having what amounts to his second worst season ever. It's not as if Kopitar had amazing wingers when he was putting up nearly a point per game. Ryan Smyth? Dustin Brown? Justin Williams? Two of those three names have played a large portion of this season on his line. I don't think the wingers can be blamed for his poor performance this season.

Kopitar is one of the chosen leaders of this team, yet he disappears for incredibly long stretches of games during the course of a season. Maybe it's no wonder the rest of the team is following suit.

What's so wrong with 40 games? It's half of an NHL season. It's pretty well established that Kopitar has a history of starting off each season amazingly hot and then trails off considerably. This season is no different. At what point is Kopitar going to demand more out of himself to get beyond these extended droughts?

Kopitar is in his 6th season in the league, and it's becoming more and more evident that he just isn't quite the elite player we thought we were getting. Don't get me wrong, he's obviously a very good player. However, he has the talent to be better, but he just hasn't progressed offensively like has been expected of him.

20 GP
6 goals
9 assists
15 points (.75 PPG pace)

Hardly stellar. That eliminates the "December slump" you were worried about, too.

Honestly, that's a pretty moot point considering Quick's play has had a much greater impact on the team this season than Kopitar's.

EDIT: Before anyone jumps on me, I'm speaking offensively. I'm not questioning his defensive effort/ability here.
What have these players all in common: Kopitar, Richards, Stoll, Brown, Gagne, Penner...?
They are all in:
a)slumping season
b)they have no heart
c)they play a system that worked in the mid 90's

Wouldn't it be harsh to say that 3/4 of the roster has no hearth. And that many players in a slumping season?
Really?

Maybe Kopitar, Richards and co would scored at a higher clip if they had more freedom in terms of offense, especially if the defensman would've been allowed to play more aggressive? If you ask me - this team is overcoached.
Heck despite being on the worst offensive nhl team (some other teams have scored 60+ goals as the Kings), Kopitar still is in the top 30 in NHL scoring and top 10 (or close) in centers scoring. In the Pacific division only Thornton has 2 more points than Kopitar and that's with Kopitar slumping.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:20 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Ty Conklin is on waivers. That be a nice pick up if we are moving Bernier.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Ty Conklin is on waivers. That be a nice pick up if we are moving Bernier.
He's been terrible this year.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...s-getting-nash

Nice breakdown on Nash and teams interested by LeBrun
Seriously, Rick Nash might be one of the most overrated players in the game right about now.
What other player in the NHL that had declining numbers for 4 years in a row has returned a package that are being rumored? Seriously? Neither Forsberg, Kovalchuk, Hossa, B. Richards did bring back packages like rumored for Nash. Heck, effin Gretzky, Hull, Messier, Francis, Roy didn't bring that kind of a package in their trades..

ridiculous.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:33 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
[long post...]

20 GP
6 goals
9 assists
15 points (.75 PPG pace)

Kopitar's struggles offensively this year are a little concerning, but you can't just single him out. Those 15 points mean he's been in on 40% of the team's scoring in that time (37 goals total, not counting the SO goal) and he's at 42% on the season. Last year he was in on 36% (not counting SO goals and goals in games after he was injured), 09-10 35%, 08-09 33%, 07-08 34%, 06-07 27%. Malkin, the league's leading scorer and probable Hart trophy winner is in on... about 40% of his team's scoring. Note: I did not go through and look for the games Malkin was injured (7 games) and subtract those goals from Pitts' total, so it's slightly above 40%.

I hate to sound like a homer for Kopitar and I know you're talking offense only as well, but honestly I'm getting annoyed by the "disappears" and "invisible" comments about him. He may not put up the numbers or assert himself enough or do what you wish he would in the offensive zone, but the guy is never invisible. Even in the infamous "zero shots" game, he had two shots blocked and was still all over the puck all over the ice. Do I wish he had done a bit more offensively, force his way to the front of the net more, and be a bit more creative? Sure, but calling him invisible is folly. Low-to-high passing for point shots is obviously stressed heavily in our system and Kopitar does it. Not to say he should just do that and not do his own thing sometimes, but he does strike me as a player that plays what the coach wants.

He can't do it all by himself.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:35 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Since when is 24 years old entering/in your prime? The great Pavel Datsyuk was just starting his 2nd season at the age of 24!

Kopitar, as well as the whole team (minus Quick) has struggled. He's STILL the top scorer, as well as a solid defensive player, and the top go-to guy in most situations while playing in a defensive structure.

He may not be the most dominant force in the world, but some people are incredibly spoiled and unrealistic with their demands of him.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:36 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post

How is this news ?

"Dean Lombardi is looking for a sniper, and willing to listen to offers" (That is pretty much all he said).......

How is that news ?

Boy Tsn is desperate this deadline, Most be real silent on the trade front. Their deadline show is going to be another dud.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
LoL, sounds like the guys are fearful they will be the ones heading to Columbus

http://www.mayorsmanor.com/2012/02/k...10264766870638

Too bad. Too late.

Get it done, Dean.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Closed Thread