HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #57 vs. Columbus

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Michael Del Zotto 92 92.00%
Marian Gaborik 26 26.00%
Derek Stepan 58 58.00%
Henrik Lundqvist 15 15.00%
Ryan Callahan 20 20.00%
Artem Anisimov 32 32.00%
Brad Richards 11 11.00%
Dan Girardi 4 4.00%
John Mitchell 1 1.00%
Brandon Prust 1 1.00%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 1.00%
Carl Hagelin 10 10.00%
Anton Stralman 2 2.00%
Ryan McDonagh 2 2.00%
Other 6 6.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-20-2012, 02:05 AM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Inept offense keeps the opponent (in this case, the worst team in the NHL) in the game again, and another triumphant struggle ends in OT.....Poor Ol' Toots was a -3..When the post season starts our offensive Juggernaut will be our Achilles heel...Mark it down..
Two top 5 offenses in Boston (during their hottest streak of the season) and Detroit (albeit at a cold streak) each scored 1 goal against Columbus this season. No I wasn't happy with it going into OT and this team still needs a scorer or two, but let's keep things in perspective.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:27 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
i understand that a wins a win, but it should have been an easy win for us. To let a team like Columbus tie it at 2 and take it to overtime is absurd. What's even more absurd, is that we owned them in 99.9 percent of the game. It just urkes me that we didn't win a little easier.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:31 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
i mean nhl.com says "Rangers survive Jackets" i mean, come on.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Didn't catch the game, but how did Hagelin look? He got 19 mins at even strength, but is still not entrusted on special teams.

The reason I'm asking is beside my impression that he makes every line he plays on "go", I've looked at his underlying stats which are pretty freaking good.

He only plays ES, where he is leading the team by far in points per minute (scoring at the same rate as Jagr and D. Sedin), his +/- is far superior to his linemates' and to top it off he's been very clutch. 8/9 of his goals have been when the score is tied or only a goal separates the teams, 8/9 goals have been in the 2nd or 3rd period with 5 of them being in the 3rd.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:05 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Didn't catch the game, but how did Hagelin look? He got 19 mins at even strength, but is still not entrusted on special teams.

The reason I'm asking is beside my impression that he makes every line he plays on "go", I've looked at his underlying stats which are pretty freaking good.

He only plays ES, where he is leading the team by far in points per minute (scoring at the same rate as Jagr and D. Sedin), his +/- is far superior to his linemates' and to top it off he's been very clutch. 8/9 of his goals have been when the score is tied or only a goal separates the teams, 8/9 goals have been in the 2nd or 3rd period with 5 of them being in the 3rd.
Looked fine.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:20 AM
Senorchris

Quote:
One of his more impressive games, in my opinion. Looked a lot better in the offense zone with possession than he has previously - was strong on the puck, had good body position on defenders more often than not, and made intelligent short passes.

His play on the rush/chasing down pucks was as impressive as it normally is - it was the improvement in his play down low that really impressed me. I've felt it's been pretty much the only weakness in his game up until now, and although it might just be Columbus' awful team defense - it looked much improved tonight.

Senorchris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:30 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorchris View Post
One of his more impressive games, in my opinion. Looked a lot better in the offense zone with possession than he has previously - was strong on the puck, had good body position on defenders more often than not, and made intelligent short passes.

His play on the rush/chasing down pucks was as impressive as it normally is - it was the improvement in his play down low that really impressed me. I've felt it's been pretty much the only weakness in his game up until now, and although it might just be Columbus' awful team defense - it looked much improved tonight.
I realize (even though I'm an engineering student) that stats aren't necessarily a good reflection of actual play, but I've been amazed when I've looked at the team metrics these last few days. They basically all show that Hagelin has been our best ES forward, and it's almost not even close.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:05 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
i understand that a wins a win, but it should have been an easy win for us. To let a team like Columbus tie it at 2 and take it to overtime is absurd. What's even more absurd, is that we owned them in 99.9 percent of the game. It just urkes me that we didn't win a little easier.
Columbus beat the Blues last week. Boston lost to Winnipeg and Minnesota. There are no easy games.

Maybe if Sather can find anyone who can win a face-off,the Rangers wouldn't have been in OT.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:07 AM
darko

Lol @ 'we dont want you chants'

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:55 AM
eco's bones

Dubinsky isn't untradeable but I'm not in a hurry to get rid of him. Right now, playing on the 3rd line with Boyle and Prust--it's not likely he's going to score a lot of goals.

The Rangers do continue to win and he continues to contribute in other ways than scoring goals--so it's not really as if his game has fallen off the cliff. He's always been a good playoff player and you need guys who can grind in the playoffs. He is a Torts type of player.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:21 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
I'm not blinded by the record . Pretty bad on face offs resulting in 2 ga . Col won 58% .
Herbed by Mason and the same lucky bounce we cried about that NJD got on Clarksons goal bounced our way .
Stinker not deserving of 2 points .
NYR ARE A VERY LUCKY TEAM THIS YEAR
<-----

Boyle was 61% on FO's last night.

Not all of us cried about the bounce against NJD...it happens both ways over the course of 82 games.

Thought the team showed good character they could have just played for the skills competition after the late tying goal but didn't.

Sorry but lucky teams don't lead the conference, and lets not forget Boston and Pitt lost yesterday so they extended their lead.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:25 AM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

This is a bad hockey team.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHLCoach View Post
Totaly agree. Stepan's game is far from good, he can thanks to MDZ and Gabby for that empty netter.

My 3 stars
1.MDZ
2.Gabby
3.Mason
You misunderstand. Causing turnovers is a good thing

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

What a friggin' joke, why have instant replay if you have an incompetent moron reviewing it, who can't see with his own two eyes the puck crossed the goal line with 00.2 left and rifled the back of the net with 00.1. That almost cost us one point. Also watched Nash most of the night, he's 7.9 million waste of time, I'll pass, and thank God the Flamers took Pavel Kubina, otherwise we might have, the Flamers are collecting 6' 4" d-men that suck!

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Sockosensei

I love how on the OT winner Del Zotto circled around the back of the net knowing exactly what play he wanted to make happen -- tapped his stick on the ice immediately, got the pass, and then executed.

That's a poised 21-year-old.

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Damn. Fell asleep half way though this thing and just finished watching highlights on NHL.com. Looks like I missed a helluva 3rd.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Damn. Fell asleep half way though this thing and just finished watching highlights on NHL.com. Looks like I missed a helluva 3rd.
Funny thing watching the game was I never thought they were in the game, but we just couldn't generate quality scoring chances, Mason was very beatable, if MDZ's goal counted, which it should have, we would have won easily...

Old
02-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
MDZ is filthy, one of his best games yet. Looking very Leetch-esque out there.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:20 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
He's been an important member of the team for years. He deserves a shot at a cup run on this team just as much as Callahan, Staal, Girardi and Anisimov. The "what have you done for me lately?" mentality on here is ridiculous. Which is why you see so many trade proposals involving Dubi and Staal right now. Maybe I'm just crazy for having faith in Dubinsky to keep building on his .68 PPG in the playoffs.
Nobody "deserves" anything...a bunch of guys were traded in 94 and got us the cup who were important members of that team...Gartner was a very good Ranger.

I'm not advocating trading Dubi or Staal, but if the "RIGHT" deal comes along that sets this team up for a Cup run and doesn't hamstring the Cap in a year or two then you take a long hard look.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Pugs35

Quote:

I think you have to take into account that Carl is still a rookie from the NCAA used to playing like 50 games a year. I have no doubt that he'll eventually be a fantastic PKer for us, but no need to burn him out in his first pro season.

1. Del Zotto was an absolute stud tonight.
2. Stepan was fantastic on the forecheck and had the puck a whole heck of a lot, not sure what people are complaining about with him.
3. Hagelin, his usual self, love this kid.

I thought the Rangers dominated the game, and if not for some over-passing and bad bounces (or ticks of the clock) the game wouldn't have been in question.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:25 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue24 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new here. Hell of a game tonight. So many chances for us this game should've never gotten to OT. Anyways, great goal by Stepan for the win! A Rangers win was definitely a nice birthday gift for me! Well, this is all I have for my 1st post. Bring on Pittsburgh!
Welcome to the madhouse!

Old
02-20-2012, 09:26 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
The goal light has to be triggered by the goal judge. By the time he pushes the button time is long expired anyway.
...and in most arenas these days the goal judge no longer sits behind the goal...those were prime seats for revenue enhancement

Old
02-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
plz trade him for Carter plz
Dubi > Carter, after watching Carter last night he doesn't even give an effort 1/2 the game

Old
02-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
<-----

Boyle was 61% on FO's last night.

Not all of us cried about the bounce against NJD...it happens both ways over the course of 82 games.

Thought the team showed good character they could have just played for the skills competition after the late tying goal but didn't.

Sorry but lucky teams don't lead the conference, and lets not forget Boston and Pitt lost yesterday so they extended their lead.
Don't worry, the NHL more and made up for that lucky bounce we had by stealing our goal at the end of the period.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Callahan #1 star? What the hell? It's MDZ. He played an excellent game on both sides.
I love Cally but I didn't get that either, maybe they're trying to make up for all the times he should have been...