HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Selling, Retooling, Rebuilding Only Thread

Old
02-16-2012, 10:13 PM
TheBuriedHab

vCash: 500
I don't think PG is a TERRIBLE gm but he makes 2 or 3 really dumb decisions that I just can't get around. Hes mediocre, just like the team. Habs need a great gm to become a great team.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:12 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

That 06 draft + NHL12 wizardry =

FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($4.083m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Louis Leblanc ($1.170m)
Mathieu Darche ($0.800m) / Brandon Prust ($0.900m) / Ryan White ($0.625m)
Mike Blunden ($0.615m) / Petteri Nokelainen ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / P.K. Subban ($3.000m)
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Alexei Emelin ($2.000m)
Shane O'Brien ($1.100m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.500m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Peter Budaj ($1.150m) / Carey Price ($5.500m)

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $598,334

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I guess Crosby should be immediatly traded, he is afterall going to be coming back from a concussion. He might not play again why take the risk? What kind of idiot would resign a player that had ANY kind of question marks surrounding his health? I mean he might play for the next 50 years but what if he doesnt?

Ya you are right, PG didn't know Markov is an injury risk. He has been busy watching Arrested Development and was like "I dunno sign him whatever just leave me alone!" No alternative.

None of those moves are that bad but you have your little agenda against him and you can't get past it. If Kaberle was making 2.5 million you wouldn't be saying ****, and Campoli has always been a 7th dman, just because RC uses him to much does not reflect on PG.
I don't have an agenda against anyone man. Go read my posts. Up until this year's fiasco I'd been saying that we should give him some time to show what he can do. I'm sorry but he hasn't been good, I don't care how much lipstick you put on it, it's still a pig.

As for me having an agenda... yes, I have one. It's to see the club actually try to build a team capable of winning a cup. That's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I'm all for a change. I actually want it. GM and coach, we need to revamp the management. I'm hoping Molson stepped in to say you're acting as an interim with the directive of selling assets. But I don't think Gauthier has been as horrible as some have painted him to be.
He's not the worst GM of all time, he's just... not going to take us anywhere. What's worse though is that he's shown that he's willing to make desperate moves to save his job at the expense of long term success. That's why I'm worried about what his next move is going to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Gauthier should be fired....but he isn't as bad as some here have said. He did inherit some big headaches
Sure he did. But he took a bad situation and made it worse. I will credit him for keeping Price and taking a chance on a prospect when he dealt Halak. Cole (despite the fact that he's not really a long term move either) has performed above expectations too and that should be acknowledged as well.

Other than that... It's been mostly reactive short term moves without exhibiting much in the way of long term planning.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:28 AM
onice

Now that we are almost, nearly, practically losers

At the start of last week the consensus was we needed to win 3 of the 4 upcoming games or to put it in simple numbers 3-1-0. We went 1-2-1. Instead of getting 6 out of a possible 8 points we got 3.

So as of last night's loss I feel we're sellers.

But what do we sell?

I don't think we need to rebuild. A simple retool is needed. So what tools (aside from Gauthier) do we unload?

By the trade deadline I would trade if at all possible:

Campoli
Kaberle
Nokie
Darche

By the draft I would unload:

Gomez
Gionta

By Xmas '12 we should decide which of the two, Diaz or Weber, we want to keep. trade the other one. Moen and AK I would keep. What we'll get for them will only be NHL material in 3-4 years and there's nothing in the UFA market that can adequately replace them. Trading those two means we're not retooling but rebuilding and I don't think we need to rebuild.

We'd be left with:

Patches DD Cole
****** Pleks Bourque
******Eller AK
Moen White ****

Georges Subban
Emelin *******
Diaz/Weber ******
Markov is a big ?????

So that means either by trades or UFA signings (forget about promoting any prospect for next year - our cupboard is bare) we need to fill three holes on offence and one maybe two on defence depending on Markov's future.

How do you guys see the Habs' immediate future?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:06 AM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

NOOOOO!! We still have 2 games against the leafs. We just lost to a team that, IMO is better than Boston and New York right now. We have two games against the team in 8th (maple laughs) at home, and the caps at the end of the week. We are not done. Not by a long shot.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:14 AM
WestIslander

We are NOT going to the playoffs and are currently 5th from last overall in the NHL, I just want to call this a season and draft a legitimate top line centre or superstar forward to build around along with the likes of Pacioretty, Eller, Leblanc, White, Gorges, Subban, Emelin, Tinordi, Price etc.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
At the start of last week the consensus was we needed to win 3 of the 4 upcoming games or to put it in simple numbers 3-1-0. We went 1-2-1. Instead of getting 6 out of a possible 8 points we got 3.

So as of last night's loss I feel we're sellers.

But what do we sell?

I don't think we need to rebuild. A simple retool is needed. So what tools (aside from Gauthier) do we unload?

By the trade deadline I would trade if at all possible:

Campoli
Kaberle
Nokie
Darche

By the draft I would unload:

Gomez
Gionta

By Xmas '12 we should decide which of the two, Diaz or Weber, we want to keep. trade the other one. Moen and AK I would keep. What we'll get for them will only be NHL material in 3-4 years and there's nothing in the UFA market that can adequately replace them. Trading those two means we're not retooling but rebuilding and I don't think we need to rebuild.

We'd be left with:

Patches DD Cole
****** Pleks Bourque
******Eller AK
Moen White ****

Georges Subban
Emelin *******
Diaz/Weber ******
Markov is a big ?????

So that means either by trades or UFA signings (forget about promoting any prospect for next year - our cupboard is bare) we need to fill three holes on offence and one maybe two on defence depending on Markov's future.

How do you guys see the Habs' immediate future?
Habs are 3-4 years away with a good manager in place. The consensus is that the Habs were erased from the playoff picture several weeks ago.

these players:

Campoli
Kaberle
Nokie
Darche

do not improve any team that's going to the playoffs so don't expect trades. It can be argued that 3 of these players are lucky to be with a team as weak as the Habs otherwise they may not even be in the NHL.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Habs are 3-4 years away with a good manager in place. The consensus is that the Habs were erased from the playoff picture several weeks ago.

these players:

Campoli
Kaberle
Nokie
Darche

do not improve any team that's going to the playoffs so don't expect trades. It can be argued that 3 of these players are lucky to be with a team as weak as the Habs otherwise they may not even be in the NHL.
Do you want to bet that all 4 will be in the NHL next year?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Sure he did. But he took a bad situation and made it worse. I will credit him for keeping Price and taking a chance on a prospect when he dealt Halak. Cole (despite the fact that he's not really a long term move either) has performed above expectations too and that should be acknowledged as well.

Other than that... It's been mostly reactive short term moves without exhibiting much in the way of long term planning.
That's why I feel he should be fired. He's made some good moves, but at the end of the day he was too desperate to keep his job.

As long as it's his job to sell off UFAs for max value, may as well keep him here until April 10, then hire his replacement and get ready for the draft.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Teufelsdreck

I have no objection to clearing out Campoli, Weber, Kaberle, Darche. etc. But once that's done, how would it have much effect on where the Habs finish next season? Where would the replacements come from? Surely not from trading the least useful members of the team for better players or high draft picks. That's pure fantasy.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:09 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I have no objection to clearing out Campoli, Weber, Kaberle, Darche. etc. But once that's done, how would it have much effect on where the Habs finish next season? Where would the replacements come from? Surely not from trading the least useful members of the team for better players or high draft picks. That's pure fantasy.
UFAs... bottom 6 players are plentiful.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:17 AM
waitin425

I have absolutely no problem tanking this year. Lets keep on losing, sell as many crappy assets as we can and get the best possible pick (Grigorenko anyone?)

The only guys I would be heartbroken to see traded are;

Price
Patches
Subban
Eller
Tinordi
Beaulieau

I also wouldn't be dissappointed if we tanked next year and acquired McKinnon.

Its time to rebuild through the draft and be patient.

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Do you want to bet that all 4 will be in the NHL next year?
Nok, Darche, and Campoli are hangers-on. Bet whatever you can afford to lose.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:39 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Moen, Kostitsyn and Campoli should be traded IMO. Weber could also be available but I would be surprised if any other actual regular is traded.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote