HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Travis Hamonic to Vancouver

Old
02-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Schroeder19

vCash: 500
Hamonic for Edler or Kesler???

Hahahaha

My counter offer
Tanev for Tavares and Okposo

Schroeder19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Nobody understands yours either.
Explain what you mean, because I asked what it would take to get Hamonic? Or because I don't get how an unproven player is worthy of a proven player

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I wouldn't consider Hamonic a prospect. At this point in time the only way I trade Hamonic is if he is packaged for a better defenseman(say Nashville wants to trade Weber and the Islanders could sign Weber to a long term deal I would thing of unloading Hamonic+ for him)
Weber is a proven top 3 defenseman in the NHL... the + would have to be pretty heft, no?

Skead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:47 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skead View Post
Ok, can understand that Hamonic is basically untouchable but I don't get why people say a prospect is worth a proven player... does that make sense?

A prospect that has potential to be a proven player, is worth someone who is already proven (ie. Kesler, Edler, etc)

I guess I don't understand the thought process.
He's 22 yrs old, playing over 22 mins a game in the top 4.He's already shown he can play quality,top pairing minutes.His +4 is 2nd best on the team to Moulson's +5 and easily the best among d-men.Streit's something like -20

Isles think he's developing into a stud.

No reason to trade him.Isles can only hope De Haan can come close to having such a postitive impact.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:51 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder19 View Post

Hahahaha

My counter offer
Oh is this where we reach the point where some fans get pissy?

Start to verbally tear down the player they want?
Don't waste your time.

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...ts-at-the-wjc/

Old
02-19-2012, 01:54 PM
mdobbs

Hamonic is exactly the opposite of what the Canucks need. He's an up and coming D man who's high trade value is based on his potential, not his current ability.

Would much rather have Streit.

mdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:56 PM
DeeperMBC

I can see the Islanders fans wanting a massive overpayment for Hamonic. It's no different than Canucks fans viewed Edler when he was in his second and third season. I do agree with the NY fans that it would take a massive overpayment ie. Edler or Kesler. To get him

DeeperMBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:57 PM
ReggieDunlop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdobbs View Post
Hamonic is exactly the opposite of what the Canucks need. He's an up and coming D man who's high trade value is based on his potential, not his current ability.

Don't think we could get Streit unless NYI were willing to accept a package of picks/prospects and take Ballard (just for salary purposes).

The best we could probably do would be Ballard + 1rst rounder + Schroeder or Cannauton for Streit.

Don't think Isles fans will approve

ReggieDunlop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
He's 22 yrs old, playing over 22 mins a game in the top 4.He's already shown he can play quality,top pairing minutes.His +4 is 2nd best on the team to Moulson's +5 and easily the best among d-men.Streit's something like -20

Isles think he's developing into a stud.

No reason to trade him.Isles can only hope De Haan can come close to having such a postitive impact.
I dont think there are many doubting his potential. But again I'm just pointing out the fact fans seem to overvalue their prospects. That's like me saying Schneider is worth a Toews, etc.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:06 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieDunlop7 View Post
Don't think we could get Streit unless NYI were willing to accept a package of picks/prospects and take Ballard (just for salary purposes).

The best we could probably do would be Ballard + 1rst rounder + Schroeder or Cannauton for Streit.

Don't think Isles fans will approve
Doesn't really matter whether NYI fans would approve such a trade.Snow would likely pass after seeing how bad the market is for quality,top 4 d-men.

Ballard is a big. downgrade from Streit.Isles have a glut of unproven forward prospects,so getting another is not a big deal.Neither is a late 1st.

Isles badly needed Streit to continue to come around,return to the high level they've grown uesd to getting from him.Isles have several blueline prospects knocking on the doorat Bridgeport and Streit will be asked to mentor De Haan,Donovn and Ness.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:09 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
Quote:
I dont think there are many doubting his potential. But again I'm just pointing out the fact fans seem to overvalue their prospects. That's like me saying Schneider is worth a Toews, etc.
I guess it is what you consider a prospect. Hamonic is playing top 4 minutes and proving to be one of the islanders best Dmen. A prospect to me is a player with less than a year of NHL experience or none at all. I think Hamonic has proven he can play in the NHL.

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMputt View Post
I guess it is what you consider a prospect. Hamonic is playing top 4 minutes and proving to be one of the islanders best Dmen. A prospect to me is a player with less than a year of NHL experience or none at all. I think Hamonic has proven he can play in the NHL.
I've always deemed it to be if they are on a ELC then they're a prospect IMO

Old
02-19-2012, 02:13 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Hamonic is not some prospect in juniors or the AHL ,that the isles are hoping makes it to the nhl and lives up to his potential.

He is playing quality minutes in the nhl for the isles,often their best d-man at only 22 yr old.
Isles and their fans are not having doubts that Hamonic is not living up to the high expectations coaches and hockey personel like P.. McGuire have placed on him.

Isles have a glut of promising,but unproven prospects.Zero reason to trade a 22 yr old stud for picks/prospects or less talented players.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:15 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Weber is a proven top 3 defenseman in the NHL... the + would have to be pretty heft, no?
My basic point was only way the Islanders trade Hamonic is if they are trading him as part of a package for a better player. But yeah the + would have to be fairly big in the case of Weber

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:53 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:

Hahahaha

My counter offer
Holy crap. Hamonic has been a top-2 defeneman on his team for a year and a half. Tanev has managed not to look too bad for a couple of games in a number 6 role. Not to mention that Tavares >>> Edler or Kesler.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:50 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
NYI needs D prospects.
umm, what?

startainfection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:34 AM
hao chi

Quote:
Ok, can understand that Hamonic is basically untouchable but I don't get why people say a prospect is worth a proven player... does that make sense?

A prospect that has potential to be a proven player, is worth someone who is already proven (ie. Kesler, Edler, etc)

It's called an over-payment... it's going to happen in a case like this where the Isles are dealing a promising player that helps fill a position of weakness.

Nobody would expect the Canucks to consider trading Kesler or Edler for Hamonic, but it would take a similar quality of player/package to get the Isles to trade Hamonic.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:

Because Hamonic has been playing around the level of a top pairing dman for the past hundred or so games?

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:

Hahahaha

My counter offer
Hamonic is miles ahead of Tanev right now. You either sink or swim if your a young Isles D prospect.

Hamonic is not being traded unless he's part of a package for an upgrade.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:56 AM
hockeycore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epimetheus View Post
Overpayment only.

This. Too much value to the Isles to be in legit trade talks.

hockeycore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:57 AM
hockeycore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdobbs View Post

LOL. Go fish.

hockeycore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Sayonara77
Farewell Kes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
Holy crap. Hamonic has been a top-2 defeneman on his team for a year and a half. Tanev has managed not to look too bad for a couple of games in a number 6 role. Not to mention that Tavares >>> Edler or Kesler.
Agreed with your statement except the ridiculous bolded sentence.

Sayonara77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonara77 View Post
Agreed with your statement except the ridiculous bolded sentence.
Not as ridiculous as you think. Tavares>Edler is debatable based on a teams need for defence or offence, but Tavares>Kesler. In his first 3 seasons in the NHL Tavares has put up more than 50 pts/season and has been a near PPG pace. I wasn't even a Tavares fan before he was drafted but he is well ahead of Kesler's development in his first 3 seasons. Tavares has more points this year than Kesler and is 6 years younger as well. Going forward I believe the majority of teams would prefer Tavares over Kesler.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Schroeder19

I feel bad for making that Tanev for Tavares and Okposo

I mustve been really pissed to troll the Isles

No way Isles trade Hamonic

Schroeder19 is offline   Reply With Quote