HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Caps - Canucks

Old
02-19-2012, 10:07 PM
FrankM73

vCash: 500
At first glance the value looks fair but both Raymond and Ballard are having bad years and Ballard is on a hefty contract and Raymond is an RFA due 2.5ish...

Wideman is worth a 1st and a decent prospect for someone given his impact this year on the Caps...

if Wideman is available, Caps will get at least a 1st and a solid prospect... if a bidding war ensues, then more!

FrankM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:15 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
So Aaron Baddeley

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
As A nucks fan I see no reason why... Don't really need those peices

MrFunnyWobbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Chokers Unite!

This is just a bunch of lateral moves, neither team would do this.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:46 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
This is just a bunch of lateral moves, neither team would do this.
I quoted this for truth.

Neither team is interested in this deal since Washington would be looking to upgrade, rather than just replace bodies with more bodies.
Vancouver wants to win as well, and the pieces added, only add yet a 5th PP option to the Top Ranked Powerplay. And that's just for the blueline.

Ward is meh to me, we had our chance last July, even looked at acquiring his rights, but he suckered you guys into that redonkulous contract. Would rather keep my D depth, since its been our problem almost every playoffs.

No interest in a lesser backup goalie who doesn't know the system and go into the playoffs without a viable option case of injury in net.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:46 AM
keslerburrows

I like the base of the deal.. Would Caps fans be interested if you switched Ward with Brouwer and the Canucks added a 4th?

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
I like the base of the deal.. Would Caps fans be interested if you switched Ward with Brouwer and the Canucks added a 4th?
Caps fans aren't interested now, and sure as hell wouldn't be interested then.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:10 AM
Evil Edler

vCash: 50
Its kind of funny, Vancouver is 2nd overall and fighting for their second presidents trophy in a row. Yet we magically only have 5 or 6 players of value?

Evil Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:30 AM
Jinsell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post

Wideman
Neuvirth
Ward

Schneider
Raymond
Ballard
A resounding no from Vancouver. If Schneider is to be traded, the return for the Canucks should actually fit the team's needs. I don't think Vancouver wants any part of Ward and his ridiculous contract. Neuvirth is a servicable back up but why part with Schneider for him? Wideman and Ballard is a bit of wash. Ballard is undervalued because of his misuse in Vancouver. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather have Ballard than Wideman.

Schneider won't be dealt for a team's expendable parts.

Jinsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:44 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
No thank you. Keep that terrible Ward contract. Ditto with Wideman being insanely overrated.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:00 AM
turkulad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsell View Post
Ballard is undervalued because of his misuse in Vancouver. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather have Ballard than Wideman.
Well I sure as heck would want Wideman over Ballard, but Ballard is injured and the spot Wideman would be playing in would be in the third pairing. And yeah, I know Wideman might be a top pairing guy for the Caps atm for something, but essentially we are looking for an upgrade on that third pair. Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa and Salo are working fine right now. We won't be trading the only three players in our roster we COULD trade for in that deal.

Funny thing is, people are busting our balls over having Raymond, Ballard and Schneider in all of our deals. THey just happen to be the only players on this team that MIGHT need an upgrade. First line is set, second line (Higgins-Kesler-Booth) is set on paper, Hodgson is not going to be moved (yeah, no), Hansen neither, our fourth line is doing just fine, our top 4 is great, Tanev is awesome depth, Rome is cheap, Luongo won't be moved. Only three players remain. We just happens to have a boatload of TDL-grazed, bored fans that want to come up with proposals and use their brain in conjuring up something that's realistic.. even if you shouldn't trade a slumping Raymond when his value is low, Ballard just for cap reasons because you'd have to add a LOT to make a big venture trade work and I doubt we do that right now, or Schneider just because.. well, he's Schneider. There is a lot of interest in him this TDL and at the draft. I'd rather we trade him at the draft, if even then.

BUt we are a restless bunch.

turkulad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:12 AM
iceless
-`ღ-

Canucks pass. We downgrade in net and lose a significant amount of team speed.

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:23 AM
MW6

Ok, thanks! I knew it was kind of a lateral move that would be a slight improvment for both clubs with their needs and I just wanted to see if there were any takers.

But i guess not

MW6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:23 AM
tony d
The man

Washington probably won't do this. Wideman's stepped up quite well in the absence of Mike Green.

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:04 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Only if you promise to let us throw in Backstrom!

Hey, Caps fans, if we make the trade WORSE, will you accept it?!

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:43 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

If Caps would be out of playoff contention (and they're right in there two points behind THIRD place in the East), then I'd say that Caps would be smart to move Wideman, probably even more for Schneider (I know it wouldn't work out cap-wise for the Nucks though). Too much if's.
Since they're in now, I don't think Caps will want to part with Wides. He's been a solid, consistent contributor (he had a slump between games 11-25 of the season but since then he's been quite good).
And of course, it'd be absolutely crazy move to acquire Ballard. Caps have a pretty good cap situation this summer and this trade pretty much spoil it.
Talking about Ward, I think team battling the cap floor next summer will like him (remember Campbell trade and ridiculous Panthers signings).

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote