HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers interested in Nash: Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 09:37 AM
bubba5

vCash: 500
The only way a do this is for dubbi, miller, erixon and a first. I know Columbus would not do it but if they want us to give them cap relief that all I would give. If they don't like it , go to LA or Toronto then.

Old
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord
Nash, asked if this was a good showcase for him, says, "No, we're trying to win a game. I'll do everything I can to help our team win."

Please get on the plane and go back to Columbus we don't want you!
i have a bad feeling that he won't be doing that

Old
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
If that is truly the asking price Sather needs to run away. Nash is good, but overpaid and the Rangers have a great team ad great Team Chemistry.
Fixed. MDZ and McDonagh should be absolutely untouchable. Adding Kreider on top of one of them, Dubinsky, and a 1st?

Sather better channel some Ari Gold.

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

The problem with comparing a Nash acquisition to most of the previous star players we brought in is that he's not over the hill, or damaged goods. Everyone knows a lot of those guys came here to get one last big contract before retiring.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Gabotrick

I feel that Nash will not be traded for nearly as much, as Columbus is asking for, other wise he would have been traded already. I see the offer going down in a couple days if still no gm's will accept losing all that for Nash.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:49 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabotrick View Post
I feel that Nash will not be traded for nearly as much, as Columbus is asking for, other wise he would have been traded already. I see the offer going down in a couple days if still no gm's will accept losing all that for Nash.
IMO....
he will wind up somewhere unexpected.he will probably fetch exactly what CB wants. he is young and is a very good hockey player.Someone will pay for him and it could wind up being worth it,all depends. Give him a world class center and some great D,he might just turn out to be a 80 point player

Old
02-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
The problem with comparing a Nash acquisition to most of the previous star players we brought in is that he's not over the hill, or damaged goods. Everyone knows a lot of those guys came here to get one last big contract before retiring.
The problem is he'd come with a pricetag of assets that rivals all previous trades/acquisitions combined. The microscope on him would be absurd. 30 or even 40 goals wouldnt appease some of the neanderthals in the 400's - who were already making their feelings known last night.

Thinking in a vacuum about Nash being on this team is intriguing. Reality should quickly set in when you consider the entire situation. Just not worth it.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabotrick View Post
Why? What deadline or ultimatum is Columbus facing to deal Nash?

They'll get what they want, or they'll hold onto him. Its as simple as that.

Thats why all this "well if they take MDZ or McD and Kreider out of the deal and replace them with (insert second-tier prospects(s) here), I'd consider it" is a worthless conversation.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The problem is he'd come with a pricetag of assets that rivals all previous trades/acquisitions combined. The microscope on him would be absurd. 30 or even 40 goals wouldnt appease some of the neanderthals in the 400's - who were already making their feelings known last night.

Thinking in a vacuum about Nash being on this team is intriguing. Reality should quickly set in when you consider the entire situation. Just not worth it.
Price tag sucks and has been pointed out its unlikely he'll be moved at a low price. You never know though, things can change maybe he makes a demand to be moved although I think he's classier than that so its unlikely. I would consider us more legit with a player of his ilk in the top six.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:14 AM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Why? What deadline or ultimatum is Columbus facing to deal Nash?

They'll get what they want, or they'll hold onto him. Its as simple as that.

Thats why all this "well if they take MDZ or McD and Kreider out of the deal and replace them with (insert second-tier prospects(s) here), I'd consider it" is a worthless conversation.
I disagree. They've already made it known that they are shopping him. He has a NMC so he is only going to go to a team he wants to. His contract will scare alot of teams away. Columbus is limited in who wants him from his list. I dont think after all of this media coverage and with the distraction its been the last week + to that team that they will turn around and keep him. If he isnt gone by the deadline he will be gone before next season starts. Not saying that they are going to give him away for nothing but I dont think they are going to get what they want for him.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:16 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Let me put it this way. If you add Parise, plus Kreider's speed, plus Erixon, plus improvement of all our young players and you only lose Fedotenko, a minor player for the team, the Rangers get much, much better.

Right now, they have the most points per game in the NHL. They are already good. Kreider and Erixon will make them better. We will likely see an improvement in play from Stepan, Hagelin, McDonagh, Del Zotto and other young kids.

So with or without Parise, this team should be a Stanley Cup contender. Add a 35-40 goal scorer to this team without taking away any assets, and the Rangers are the clear-cut favorites to win it all.

- If I'm Parise and I'm looking for a team that stands the best shot of winning the Cup, I go to the Rangers.

- If I'm Parise and I don't want to move from my house, I go to the Rangers.

- If I'm Parise and I'm looking for a team whose only hole is a top LW (which is just what Parise is), I go to the Rangers.

Adding Parise's goals, Kreider's speed and Erixon for blueline depth makes the Rangers a complete team.
Some people are going to go Ew wtf and others will see this comment for what it's worth and chuckle a little but just thinking about all this makes my nipples hard enough to cut through diamonds.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:25 AM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Some people are going to go Ew wtf and others will see this comment for what it's worth and chuckle a little but just thinking about all this makes my nipples hard enough to cut through diamonds.
I completely understand and I feel the same way. The thought of

Parise - Richards - Callahan
AA - Stepan - Gaborik
Kreider - Duby - Hagelin
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

or some combination of the above makes me feel funny in the pants.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:25 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Theres nothing funny about it, theres no reason for it. What has Nash done to deserve that? It gives NY a bad rep. What kind of message does that send to future players who may want to come to NY? I know someone stupid will give us that bs excuse about how were so passionate....ok? so that means we can be stupid too? Nash has a list of just 5 teams and the Rangers are on it. You'd think fans could appreciate that even if we cant afford him or decide not to acquire him. Contract aside, Nash is some player. He is really the only I noticed on a night where his team was dominated.
Sign what would be yet another horrible contract in a calvalcade of horrifically bad contracts in the cap era. Fans don't want Nash's contract it's not so much about Nash himself why is this thread still so active when it's that simple?If we could get away with robbery and get Nash for something like Dubs, a 1st and Thomas great we'll take it but that's not fair value and columbus will never take a deal like that so this is as moot as it gets.

Our team will get better just as it did from last year to this year simply by experience and developing from within. If we really want to trade Dubs I am all for packaging him with a 1st, a 2nd and Thomas and/or McI and seeing if that nets us a consistent 80 pt guy. Otherwise DUbs is having a career ;low year and should improve going forward. Guys like Hagelin, our D, Stepan and Anisimov will continue to improve. Then we add Kreider, Erixon, and possibly some others next year and the year after who have cheap contracts...they get their experience and develop and when Gabs is gone it's not as noticeable a loss or he resigns for cheap (doubtful).

We could go after Parise hard this summer instead of trading for Nash and that i am all in favor for. keep assets, sign guy. It's the same way I felt about BRich and that worked fine (Though I would have rather not signed him to such a large contract but whatever hopefully he plans on retiring by year 7 if he sucks)

Old
02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
Also, if not for a freakishly bizarre last minute bounce and a terrible decision to waive off a goal, the Rangers take at least 3 points out of the last 2 Devils games.
You mean like the bounce we got on AA goal .
I hate NJD but I also am not in denial about us being that much better then them . Their Special teams on whole are considerably better than ours . Much better PP , and their PK is dangerous and as good lately .
NJD are a very legit threat and should be respected is all I'm saying

Old
02-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
I hate NJD but I also am not in denial about us being that much better then them . Their Special teams on whole are considerably better than ours . Much better PP , and their PK is dangerous and as good lately .
Bounce we got on the AA goal was similar to the MCD goal in Calgary if anything.
Devils have the same amount of ROW wins as Tampa, which is pathetic.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:35 AM
azrok22

I have doubts about whether Parise would join the Rangers even if we were the highest bidder (iirc we had a higher bid on Elias but he chose to stay in NJ), but I'd definitely want to be able to throw an offer at him to ensure that NJ has to pay a high price to retain him. I'd absolutely give Parise the Brad Richards retirement special.

Parise's age next season: 28

2012-2013 (28 years old) - $12m ($10m signing bonus)
2013-2014 (29 years old) - $12m
2014-2015 (30 years old) - $12m
2015-2016 (31 years old) - $9m
2016-2017 (32 years old) - $9m
2017-2018 (33 years old) - $9m
2018-2020 (34 years old) - $6m
2020-2021 (35 years old) - $6m
2021-2022 (36 years old) - $6m
2022-2023 (37 years old) - $1m
2023-2024 (38 years old) - $1m
2024-2025 (39 years old) - $1m

Cap hit = $7m

Even if he turns down the Rangers and stays in NJ, that gives him significant leverage to ensure NJ pays, and if their money woes are anywhere near what certain media portrays, they may simply be unable to add that kind of payroll on top of what Kovalchuk starts to earn next year (Kovalchuk's salary jumps from $6m this year to $11m next year).

Old
02-20-2012, 10:37 AM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
You should also respect what the Rangers have done lately because as good as the Devils have been they havent gained any ground on the Rangers.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
I have doubts about whether Parise would join the Rangers even if we were the highest bidder (iirc we had a higher bid on Elias but he chose to stay in NJ), but I'd definitely want to be able to throw an offer at him to ensure that NJ has to pay a high price to retain him. I'd absolutely give Parise the Brad Richards retirement special.

Parise's age next season: 28

2012-2013 (28 years old) - $12m ($10m signing bonus)
2013-2014 (29 years old) - $12m
2014-2015 (30 years old) - $12m
2015-2016 (31 years old) - $9m
2016-2017 (32 years old) - $9m
2017-2018 (33 years old) - $9m
2018-2020 (34 years old) - $6m
2020-2021 (35 years old) - $6m
2021-2022 (36 years old) - $6m
2022-2023 (37 years old) - $1m
2023-2024 (38 years old) - $1m
2024-2025 (39 years old) - $1m

Cap hit = $7m

Even if he turns down the Rangers and stays in NJ, that gives him significant leverage to ensure NJ pays, and if their money woes are anywhere near what certain media portrays, they may simply be unable to add that kind of payroll on top of what Kovalchuk starts to earn next year (Kovalchuk's salary jumps from $6m this year to $11m next year).
That 10M bonus would go on the cap, we cant afford that.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:39 AM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerfan View Post
That 10M bonus would go on the cap, we cant afford that.
Right, bonuses are included in cap hit. It would be $12m total for the year ($10m in bonus, $2m in salary). That's exactly how Brad Richards' deal is structured.

EDIT: It would serve as lockout/strike protection--even if next season is lost due to strike/lockout, Parise would have already collected $10m and would only forgo $2m.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:42 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
The reason I pointed out the players I did was to illustrate that fans often think players will come here and play leaps bounds better than on their previous clubs and that its never been true.

Players come here and play to their career averages or slightly below. That means nash would continue to be a very good player who nets ~30 goals a season. It also means that he will NOT turn into an elite superstar scoring an extra 15-20 goals every year even though he broke 40 once on a crappy team.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
I disagree. They've already made it known that they are shopping him. He has a NMC so he is only going to go to a team he wants to. His contract will scare alot of teams away. Columbus is limited in who wants him from his list. I dont think after all of this media coverage and with the distraction its been the last week + to that team that they will turn around and keep him. If he isnt gone by the deadline he will be gone before next season starts. Not saying that they are going to give him away for nothing but I dont think they are going to get what they want for him.
Media attention? Distraction? How much worse could it possibly get in Columbus?

Besides those seemingly trivial things, again, I ask what ultimatum are they facing to move Nash? By all accounts, he hasnt demanded out.

If you're going to cave to media attention to the situation or distraction for a last place team, then thats just ineptitude when it comes to management. Then again, I cant bet against that when it comes to the Blue Jackets.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:48 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

If we sign Parise the cap hit HAS TO be BELOW 7 million.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:53 AM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Media attention? Distraction? How much worse could it possibly get in Columbus?

Besides those seemingly trivial things, again, I ask what ultimatum are they facing to move Nash? By all accounts, he hasnt demanded out.

If you're going to cave to media attention to the situation or distraction for a last place team, then thats just ineptitude when it comes to management. Then again, I cant bet against that when it comes to the Blue Jackets.
Columbus has come out and said they are actively shopping Nash and asked for a list of teams he would go to so they pretty much gave themselves an ultimatum. I cant see them turning around now and not trading him. They are limited in their choices and with his contract. Like I said before they may not get robbed for him but they wont get what they are looking for.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:56 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
Columbus has come out and said they are actively shopping Nash and asked for a list of teams he would go to so they pretty much gave themselves an ultimatum. I cant see them turning around now and not trading him. They are limited in their choices and with his contract. Like I said before they may not get robbed for him but they wont get what they are looking for.
Doesn't really make a difference if they deal him now or over the summer.

02-20-2012, 10:56 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Columbus doesn't have to move Nash but they've made this so public by having Howson parade around city to city that they have to move him. Anaheim put Ryan on the market and took him off the market when the offers weren't worth it. Howson's job could be determined how he handles Nash. Bad trade or no trade. He's gone. Columbus upper management are fools for allowing Howson to continue running that team and making decisions for them.

Closed Thread