HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers interested in Nash: Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
Listen his contract isnt great but lets not pretend hes that over paid. This isnt like a Gomez situation with Nash. The guy is a 35 goal 65 point player. Hes only overpaid by $1 - $1.5 million maybe. Not saying I want him but to say he has negative value and that Columbus would have to give the Rangers assets to take his contract is nonsense.
This. His contract is bad because it's a UFA contract and not a home team discount. The majority of UFA's get over paid by 500k-1.5m depending on the caliber of player. Columbus should have been a little thriftier and tried to get him at 7m.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:27 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
I would say Gaborik is but the guy came here and tied his career high in goals his first season. I dont think anyone expected him to be better than he was in Minny just put up similar numbers.
I hate posting from my phone. Meant to say after the top two guys.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Oh, yea definitely. I mean, look at Bobby Ryan.

Do you know you're ************ when you say something so definitively, or do you really believe that?
Did Anaheim ask Ryan to waive a NMC? I wasn't aware that he had one.

Anaheim/Ryan was nothing more than rumors and conjecture. Columbus/Nash is actively shopping and asking a player where he wants to be traded. Columbus actively asked Nash to accept a trade. Columbus has told Nash that they no longer want him.

I'm sure Nash really wants to continue to play for a horrible organization that no longer wants him.

Big difference. If you can't see the difference, then I don't know what to tell you.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:30 AM
seanaveryfan

I know this might be a dumb question but wouldn't it be better to get St. Louis? No one mentioned him trade rumours and Tampa Bay don't look like they are heading to the playoffs. Would they ask for a lot? I even like Selanne. Just a veteran player

Old
02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Oh, yea definitely. I mean, look at Bobby Ryan.

Do you know you're ************ when you say something so definitively, or do you really believe that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
The difference is that Ryan was quickly pulled off the market. Howson has been aggressively shopping Nash. He's been somewhat desperate which would worry me if I was a CBJ fan. You are right though it's not absolutely necessary he moves him, but he's making things awfully awkward in Columbus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
The Ducks are now fighting for a playoff spot and at the time Ryan was rumored to be on the block they were fighting to Fail for Nail with CLB.

Jon is right. The Jackets are in last and are not getting any better. By trading Nash they are essentially asking to start over and rebuild yet again. The Ducks on the other hand still had Perry, Getzlaf, Fowler and a great goaltender in Hiller. Ryan was not the heart and soul of the Ducks the same way Nash is in CLB.
To add to the other responses.

Did Anaheim actually come out and say they were shopping Ryan? Did their GM ever once say they were taking offers for him? The answer to that is no. All of the Ryan talk started from a rumor. Now I'm not saying it might not have been true but its a totally different situation to the Nash one. Columbus is opening shopping Nash and their GM has said they are excepting offers and they have gotten a list of teams he would go to.

Big difference between that and a rumor that someone is on the block

Old
02-20-2012, 10:34 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanaveryfan View Post
I know this might be a dumb question but wouldn't it be better to get St. Louis? No one mentioned him trade rumours and Tampa Bay don't look like they are heading to the playoffs. Would they ask for a lot? I even like Selanne. Just a veteran player
Selanne is unavailable.

MSL's contract is bad because of his age. His cap hit isnt overwhelming but the length given his age is. I do think he'd be the perfect fit for this team.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:35 AM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Selanne has a NMC and supposedly he doesnt wanna leave Anaheim but he would be a great pickup. I think St Louis has a NMC also and he wants to stay in Tampa

Old
02-20-2012, 10:38 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Selanne has a NMC and supposedly he doesnt wanna leave Anaheim but he would be a great pickup. I think St Louis has a NMC also and he wants to stay in Tampa
You really dont think MSL wouldnt waive it to play for Torts and serious contender? I think he wouldnt think twice.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:39 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
St. Louis will be 37 in June. He has 3 years remaining with a 5.625 cap hit. It's also a 35+ contract, so if he retires or his production declines, we are stuck with his cap hit.

Not that I think his production is going to drop or that he won't be worth his contract the next 3 years, but it is a possibility.

More importantly, I don't think tampa has any intention of trading him. The assets it would cost to pry him away would be a non-starter.

Selanne isn't going to leave anaheim as long as they are challenging for a playoff spot. And even then, maybe not. They're only 5 points out with 23 games to go.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:42 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
St. Louis will be 37 in June. He has 3 years remaining with a 5.625 cap hit. It's also a 35+ contract, so if he retires or his production declines, we are stuck with his cap hit.

Not that I think his production is going to drop or that he won't be worth his contract the next 3 years, but it is a possibility.

More importantly, I don't think tampa has any intention of trading him. The assets it would cost to pry him away would be a non-starter.

Selanne isn't going to leave anaheim as long as they are challenging for a playoff spot. And even then, maybe not. They're only 5 points out with 23 games to go.
You really think he would cost that much? I think quality pieces would entice Tampa to move him considering his age and cap hit.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:42 AM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
You really dont think MSL wouldnt waive it to play for Torts and serious contender? I think he wouldnt think twice.
Who knows but I dont think he would approach Tampa about a trade and I dont think Tampa would approach him about a trade.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:45 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Who knows but I dont think he would approach Tampa about a trade and I dont think Tampa would approach him about a trade.
I think the latter would happen. He is 37. He will be 40 when his contract is up. He isnt getting any younger, I would imagine he would be open to being traded to contender. By the same token, TB could get younger talent for him plus free up cap space to explore goaltender options.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:58 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
You really think he would cost that much? I think quality pieces would entice Tampa to move him considering his age and cap hit.
Yes. We aren't getting him for a 2nd rounder, or even a 1st. It would cost more. His contract is only bad in that it's a 35+ contract, but he shows no signs of dropping off. He's a PPG player. Tampa just signed him to that contract last year. I don't see them trading him for anything but an overpayment.

Ballpark, I'm guessing it would take Dubinsky, Kreider and a 1st. But even then, I'm not sure tampa does it. They would probably want a dman, either McD or MDZ, and that's a non-starter.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
if thats what it takes, i have ZERO interest in adding Rick Nash to this team.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:04 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Yes. We aren't getting him for a 2nd rounder, or even a 1st. It would cost more. His contract is only bad in that it's a 35+ contract, but he shows no signs of dropping off. He's a PPG player. Tampa just signed him to that contract last year. I don't see them trading him for anything but an overpayment.

Ballpark, I'm guessing it would take Dubinsky, Kreider and a 1st. But even then, I'm not sure tampa does it. They would probably want a dman, either McD or MDZ, and that's a non-starter.
I really dont think MSL would cost that much. I'm having a hard time believing he would cost Kreider and Dubinsky.

Anisimov, JT Miller, 1st round pick as the starting point.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:09 AM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
if thats what it takes, i have ZERO interest in adding Rick Nash to this team.
We would have a losing record to close the season if we did that. book it.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:16 AM
aemoreira1981

Quote:
I really dont think MSL would cost that much. I'm having a hard time believing he would cost Kreider and Dubinsky.

MSL hasn't slowed down a bit, however. He is a point-a-game player still, and he's coming off a 99-point season. He will cost the Rangers at least Dubinsky and possibly one of Hagelin or Stepan and a first-round pick...too rich for my blood.

The fact that he's on a 35+ contract doesn't worry me; it's that he has shown no signs of slowing down.

If I'm Sather, I deal only for a depth defenseman or a bottom-6 forward who is a faceoff whiz...call me crazy, but what about Zenon Konopka in that regard? He is 58.5 percent on faceoffs this year with the Senators in 49 games and could be a grinding fourth-liner with Prust and Rupp.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:16 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:

can someone explain this to me using =,>,< signs.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:19 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
MSL hasn't slowed down a bit, however. He is a point-a-game player still, and he's coming off a 99-point season. He will cost the Rangers at least Dubinsky and possibly one of Hagelin or Stepan and a first-round pick...too rich for my blood.

The fact that he's on a 35+ contract doesn't worry me; it's that he has shown no signs of slowing down.

If I'm Sather, I deal only for a depth defenseman or a bottom-6 forward who is a faceoff whiz...call me crazy, but what about Zenon Konopka in that regard? He is 58.5 percent on faceoffs this year with the Senators in 49 games and could be a grinding fourth-liner with Prust and Rupp.
OTT is in a playoff spot, I don;t see them as sellers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
can someone explain this to me using =,>,< signs.
Relax. It was a proposal. Not like I was throwing out something concrete or that it would really get a trade done.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:25 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
OTT is in a playoff spot, I don;t see them as sellers.

Relax. It was a proposal. Not like I was throwing out something concrete or that it would really get a trade done.
My point was - how is Kreider and Dubi a better offer than AA, Miller, 1st

kreider hype is becoming a joke. I prefer to keep Miller #millermafia

Old
02-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Hang up the phone and disconnect it please Slats.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:31 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
My point was - how is Kreider and Dubi a better offer than AA, Miller, 1st

kreider hype is becoming a joke. I prefer to keep Miller #millermafia
I dont know. I like Kreider better. I havent seen Miller play much at all other than traverse city which I did like what he had to offer. I have seen Kreider play more. I think he has pretty damn good upside.

Old
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabotrick View Post
Take off Kreider and replace him with Thomas and add a 3rd and you have a deal, IMO we can't lose Kreider for all we now he could be a superstar and I don't want to risk losing him in a package for Nash.
Cooooommmmmeeee on. Why on earth would Kreider become a "superstar"?

There is nothing that indicates that Kreider will become a superstar. Nothing.

I would say that he is on track to score 18-25 goals while being a strong 2-way player right now. Which would make him a great pick.

Him scoring 30 goals is as likely as Dubinsky scoring 35-40 goals. Or Callahan scoring 50.

Old
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
Hang up the phone and disconnect it please Slats.
pull out a shotgun and shoot that phone to oblivion.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Cooooommmmmeeee on. Why on earth would Kreider become a "superstar"?

There is nothing that indicates that Kreider will become a superstar. Nothing.

I would say that he is on track to score 18-25 goals while being a strong 2-way player right now. Which would make him a great pick.

Him scoring 30 goals is as likely as Dubinsky scoring 35-40 goals. Or Callahan scoring 50.
Uh Kreider has a far better shot than either Dubi or Cally.

Closed Thread