HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

#59: Blues @ Chicago Blackhawks - 11:30 am - NBC

Old
02-20-2012, 01:27 AM
h22prelude93

vCash: 500
The single letter rows are closest to the ice. First row is A, and then eventually you hit the double letter rows starting with AA. Personally, if I'm sitting in the bottom shelf...I prefer the highest row up because then no one is behind, and you can stand whenever you want. Also, the view is great pretty much anywhere in the Scotch.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:29 AM
bhawksladyfan

thanks alot! i havent ordered tickets yet..but sitting in the lower bowl for that price is great. you can barely get a decent 300 level seat at the United Center for the same.

bhawksladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:57 AM
BadgersandBlues

The funny thing is......we all assumed that our offense would be rock solid this season after the explosion we had at the end of last season. Then AMac got his typical 50 game injury, we lost some other guys here and there, and Stewart turned into a....well you fill in the blank.

What we were all worried about was the D, especially the top pairing of AP and ???....which has turned out pretty well. I do have to say though, Huskins needs to get his timing back, b/c he was out of position a bunch today, and it is -super- obvious that he is slower then Jackman atm. It cost us on that 1st goal, and it almost cost us a couple more times.

I think if we get Steen back, we will be fine in the playoffs. Without him it could be a little dicey. There's something about him specifically though, when we're in big games, he comes up huge. Always scores CLUTCH goals against elite teams like the Canucks/Wings/etc.

I think we're pretty much destined to play Nashville in the 1st round at this point, unless something drastic happens. I think with home-ice and no shootouts, we win that series.

BadgersandBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:15 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgersandBlues View Post
The funny thing is......we all assumed that our offense would be rock solid this season after the explosion we had at the end of last season. Then AMac got his typical 50 game injury, we lost some other guys here and there, and Stewart turned into a....well you fill in the blank.

What we were all worried about was the D, especially the top pairing of AP and ???....which has turned out pretty well. I do have to say though, Huskins needs to get his timing back, b/c he was out of position a bunch today, and it is -super- obvious that he is slower then Jackman atm. It cost us on that 1st goal, and it almost cost us a couple more times.

I think if we get Steen back, we will be fine in the playoffs. Without him it could be a little dicey. There's something about him specifically though, when we're in big games, he comes up huge. Always scores CLUTCH goals against elite teams like the Canucks/Wings/etc.

I think we're pretty much destined to play Nashville in the 1st round at this point, unless something drastic happens. I think with home-ice and no shootouts, we win that series.
I concur.

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:51 AM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
The other poster seemed to insinuate that Pietrangelo was an innocent bystander minding his own business when he was crosschecked in the back. ... Reality is he had just delivered a two handed slash to the back of someones legs. ... Yes, if you want to do that then put your head on a swivel because someone might take exception.
If you don't want to get slashed in the back of the legs, don't knock a guy head first into the boards...see how that works? You talk like Pietrangelo didn't slash him for a reason.

Of the four incidents involved, I would rank the order of danger involved like this from least to most:

1) Pietrangelo slashing Mayers on the back/sides of the calves from his stomach on the ice.
2) Scott cross-checking a guy who wasn't looking in the back.
3) Mayers knocking Pietrangelo head-first into the boards.
4) Reaves punching Scott in the back of the head when he's on the ice and unable to defend himself.

What Pietrangelo got from the guy he was involved with was more dangerous than what he gave in return. Each player got in a shot, and that was the end of it beyond a few words. Tit for tat, then it was over.

It wasn't Scott's place to get involved, and even if it was, you and I both know that certainly isn't the way to do it. There's no justifying what he did, just like there's no justifying what Reaves did.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:07 AM
Fred Murtz

Blackhawk game videos are up. Please excuse the poor quality from being blacked out & online feed, technical difficulties etc. That sad situation has been rectified and won't happen again.

www.youtube.com/user/spectr17

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:44 AM
brevard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
If you don't want to get slashed in the back of the legs, don't knock a guy head first into the boards...see how that works? You talk like Pietrangelo didn't slash him for a reason.

Of the four incidents involved, I would rank the order of danger involved like this from least to most:

1) Pietrangelo slashing Mayers on the back/sides of the calves from his stomach on the ice.
2) Scott cross-checking a guy who wasn't looking in the back.
3) Mayers knocking Pietrangelo head-first into the boards.
4) Reaves punching Scott in the back of the head when he's on the ice and unable to defend himself.

What Pietrangelo got from the guy he was involved with was more dangerous than what he gave in return. Each player got in a shot, and that was the end of it beyond a few words. Tit for tat, then it was over.

It wasn't Scott's place to get involved, and even if it was, you and I both know that certainly isn't the way to do it. There's no justifying what he did, just like there's no justifying what Reaves did.
Semantics but "Danger" is subjective. Pietrangelo was not at all injured from the Mayes hit Mayers didn't explode on the guy. In terms of needed hockey type play that would be #1 as it was part of an actual play. ... The Petro reacted then Scott reacted. ... What Reeves did has no place in hockey.
In terms of ranking them I say Mayers hit is #1 Petro's and Scott's hits are 2A and 2B. What Reeves did is a 5.

Getting back to hockey, Chicago better tighten up or it will again be a quick playoff exit. "We" time and again gave pucks away and were saved as Crawford stood on his head. The Blues made very few errors but 2 ended up very costly. The law of averages says that doesn't happen every time.
Like I said, I loved the rivalry and have always been able to party with Blues fans when in town. It's a shame I won't make it there this year. St.Louis hasn't had depth or talent like this since the early/mid 80's. The town has got to be buzzing.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

vCash: 600
First game since Perron returned that I can honestly say I was not impressed with his play. He made a couple of moves in the first, but for the most part was invisible (not that I think putting Sobotka on the top line was the correct move either) and did not create as he usually does.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:40 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
I'm sure Perron, Oshie and Stewart were the guys Hitchcock was referring to when he said the 1st and 3d lines didn't play a full 60. Arnott and Sobotka to a lesser extent, but you expect less from them. Backes had an unfortunate bounce but I don't think it's fair to say he didn't show up.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I'm sure Perron, Oshie and Stewart were the guys Hitchcock was referring to when he said the 1st and 3d lines didn't play a full 60. Arnott and Sobotka to a lesser extent, but you expect less from them. Backes had an unfortunate bounce but I don't think it's fair to say he didn't show up.
Stewart...I rather expect to have these sort of issues...

Oshie has looked...off...for a bit now. He is doing things which remind me of Perron when he first came in the league where, instead of making the smart play, he tries way, way too much and gets exposed. Also not seeing the hitting I prefer from him.

Perron was the one I was surprised by. Typically he come to life in these sort of games and for the most part has been very impressive as of late. I suppose anyone can have an off-game it was just unfortunate he was playing off when the rest of the team seemed to be as well.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:54 AM
ejoshie

Throw this game out

Noon hour back to back

Blackhawks where asleep most of the game too

They had 2 pps in the first and could not get across the line once.

Backes kicks in the winning goal

ejoshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:36 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
Semantics but "Danger" is subjective. Pietrangelo was not at all injured from the Mayes hit Mayers didn't explode on the guy. In terms of needed hockey type play that would be #1 as it was part of an actual play.
It's painfully obvious that none of them were "needed" hockey plays.

So, in your subjective opinion, if we ever played together you would rather I put your head into the boards ("exploding" or not) than slash you on the back of the legs? I don't believe that for a second.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
So, in your subjective opinion, if we ever played together you would rather I put your head into the boards ("exploding" or not) than slash you on the back of the legs? I don't believe that for a second.
Well, this may depend upon what sort of stick you are swinging and how hard his head is, no?

Old
02-20-2012, 01:37 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejoshie View Post
Throw this game out

Noon hour back to back

Blackhawks where asleep most of the game too

They had 2 pps in the first and could not get across the line once.

Backes kicks in the winning goal
I kind of agree with this. Its not an excuse for the loss, but I just think both teams looked pretty marginal most of the game.

The loss is disappointing, however I do think we were seeing a highly motivated Chicago team on home ice, so it should be a tough game.

I'd prefer this game to have been in the evening with both teams off the day before.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:39 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimoodia View Post
Well, this may depend upon what sort of stick you are swinging and how hard his head is, no?

I use an 85 flex Z-Bubble...can't answer for him, though.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:36 PM
inglouriousbackes

just one flukey game....lets move on. Backes will come out with something to prove the next game, but he doesn't have to and we'll let him believe in that he does.

inglouriousbackes is offline   Reply With Quote