HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cgy-buf

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2012, 06:24 PM
  #26
Haatley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,929
vCash: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Face it Cammy at center is a band aid
Maybe, maybe not. he played centre all the way up til he made it to the nhl and he likes it and seems to br thrivi.g despite playing on a line with blake comeau and tom kostopolous

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:58 PM
  #27
Sabretip
Registered User
 
Sabretip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Maybe so, but doesn't fit Calgary's needs right now. Jokinen is having a better season than Roy so far. With Cammy now killing it at centre, the Flames aren't moving that many propects. The Flames are much better off waiting for Moss, Glencross, and Backlund to come back than parting with this many assets.
Yet, on HNIC yesterday, they noted that the Flames have not had any discussions with Jokinen or his agent about a new contract before he becomes an UFA this summer.......

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:08 PM
  #28
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,920
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Yet, on HNIC yesterday, they noted that the Flames have not had any discussions with Jokinen or his agent about a new contract before he becomes an UFA this summer.......
Yet the word directly out of our general managers mouth was that they have had preliminary talks with his agent....Jay Feaster >> Eric Francis

Courtesy of AC @ Calgarypuck :
Feaster said in an interview on January 20th (http://www.theteam1260.com/podcasts/jasongregor.aspx at 58:35) that he has talked to Jokinen's agent about an extension.

Quote:
"We've had initial conversations with his agent. I had a real good meeting with his guy and we talked about the fact that we do want to keep him, we want him around, we think very, very highly of Olli. You know, as with anything else, obviously it will come down to the term and the dollars, having to make it all fit within our overall framework structure. Those preliminary discussions have already begun."

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:19 PM
  #29
dkollidas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
At the beginning of the season I felt that this might be a good fit if it came to the point of moving Roy, but with Cammalleri playing center (I had no idea, tough to watch the west coast games with work), and Jokinen playing well, and their lack of prospects in the system, it's not a deal the Flames want to make.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:22 PM
  #30
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,103
vCash: 50
As a Flames fan, I have NO interest in Roy. I would, however, consider a deal around Regehr TBH.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:25 PM
  #31
Beerfest*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
As a Flames fan, I have NO interest in Roy. I would, however, consider a deal around Regehr TBH.
Just say no to Regehr, our defence is fine without him.

Not to mention he has another year at 4 million.

Beerfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:29 PM
  #32
Samsonite23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: wny
Country: United States
Posts: 477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfest View Post
Just say no to Regehr, our defence is fine without him.

Not to mention he has another year at 4 million.
Good. He's well worth that 4 million to buffalo

Samsonite23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:29 PM
  #33
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,103
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfest View Post
Just say no to Regehr, our defence is fine without him.

Not to mention he has another year at 4 million.
I disagree. When healthy, it's not bad. I think we could use a physical presence other than Sarich. If not Reggie, someone else.

I'm happy with Bouw, Gio, and Hannan. However, I have my doubts about Butler and Smith still.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:37 PM
  #34
drewcg
Registered User
 
drewcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
I would definitely be looking at Roy but not for that package.

drewcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:04 PM
  #35
Slatsmsg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Airdrie
Posts: 554
vCash: 370
Calgary will not trade their 1rst rounder with mostly empty cupboards.

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:08 PM
  #36
Beerfest*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZK54 View Post
Good. He's well worth that 4 million to buffalo
That's fine.
Never said he wasnt.

Beerfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:09 PM
  #37
Beerfest*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
I disagree. When healthy, it's not bad. I think we could use a physical presence other than Sarich. If not Reggie, someone else.

I'm happy with Bouw, Gio, and Hannan. However, I have my doubts about Butler and Smith still.

Our D is playing solid right now. I just dont see a reason to bring Regehr back into the mix.

Beerfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:53 PM
  #38
CaptainCrunch67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Yet, on HNIC yesterday, they noted that the Flames have not had any discussions with Jokinen or his agent about a new contract before he becomes an UFA this summer.......
Its Eric Francis, he's not as much a reporter as he is a paid advertisement.

I believe our GM over Francis anytime.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:57 PM
  #39
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,883
vCash: 50
The most I would offer for Roy is Moss, Backlund and Nemisz.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:08 PM
  #40
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,447
vCash: 133
Do not want Roy, Cammy is doing a good job as the 2nd line center so far.

I would be willing to move Backlund, if it came down to it but Backlund and the 1st is too many futures for the Flames to give up.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:38 PM
  #41
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,202
vCash: 500
It's very very early on in the experiment, but if Cammy works out as a center, that gives us a one two punch of Jokinen and Cammy, which could easily combine for 120 points. That puts the flames in the to ten in the league in point production for top two wingers. when Glencross comes back the only need might be a winger.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:39 PM
  #42
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,492
vCash: 500
HELL YES Buffalo takes that deal. Calgary however...won't.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:48 AM
  #43
Medium Rare*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
I think some of the other prospects on the Calgary side need to come out of any deal. I think a 1st + Backlund would be fair enough, but I'm not interested in going without a 1st or 2nd in this years draft so I would pass on a deal including our 1st at this point in time.

I am also very interested to see if the Flames keep Cammalleri at center as he has looked very good there so far and he says he actually prefers playing center as it gives him more responsibility.

I might consider making a move for a center at the draft if the Cammalleri experiment fails, but I don't see a reason to make such a move until we know for sure. It's time this franchise waits to see how something plays out instead of making a knee jerk reaction like Sutter did when he was at the helm.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.