HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could the Flyers be interested in Nash?

Old
02-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
price for nash is uncalled for an its a huge salary dump for CBJ's,cause nothing is happening with Nash there.and to have to add on 7.8 mill per,well im sure the Flyers have plenty of players they need to re-sign adventually.In the long run is it worth it,I think not.
I'm in the same boat as you are, no need to get him plus that contract. Schenn, Couts, and most importantly Giroux all need contracts in the same off season. We blew up our team to get younger and bigger, let's see how these kids grow together before we blow it up again for Rick Nash

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:27 AM
PJStock*

Quote:
Cotourier,or however its splet

PJStock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

As an LA fan I cant see why Philly is pushing for Nash. Can you guys feel me in on why he is a good fit for your team. Is he a replacement for Jagr? Is he the final piece going forward? I just think Philly has a good team as is and in the future. Just curious about their interest is all.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:03 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
As an LA fan I cant see why Philly is pushing for Nash. Can you guys feel me in on why he is a good fit for your team. Is he a replacement for Jagr? Is he the final piece going forward? I just think Philly has a good team as is and in the future. Just curious about their interest is all.
He is not a good fit for the team when taking into account his contract; it's just way too much freaking money. The only way it would work is if Briere was going the other way (and to a lesser extent, Bryz), but he has a NMC. I see no way Danny B. would waive his NMC to go to Columbus. Short of a crazy three team trade I dont see how this is even remotely possible.

I would rather suck this year and keep our forward depth, push for Suter in FA and get the goalie straightened out.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
He is not a good fit for the team when taking into account his contract; it's just way too much freaking money. The only way it would work is if Briere was going the other way (and to a lesser extent, Bryz), but he has a NMC. I see no way Danny B. would waive his NMC to go to Columbus. Short of a crazy three team trade I dont see how this is even remotely possible.

I would rather suck this year and keep our forward depth, push for Suter in FA and get the goalie straightened out.
Do you think Bryz will turn it around, guy was a pretty stellar goalie, has he been that bad?

Old
02-20-2012, 10:10 AM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Do you think Bryz will turn it around, guy was a pretty stellar goalie, has he been that bad?
Yes, he has been bad. He was stellar because of the system that the yotes play.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Tough break, hope he turns it around for you guys.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I'm in the same boat as you are, no need to get him plus that contract. Schenn, Couts, and most importantly Giroux all need contracts in the same off season. We blew up our team to get younger and bigger, let's see how these kids grow together before we blow it up again for Rick Nash
Not a valid reason not to get Nash. The only players the Flyers are currently committed to when those three are due for new contracts are Briere, Talbot, Pronger, JvR and Bryz. They have more then enough room to keep those three. And quite frankly, I don't see Schenn or Couturier receiving huge raises anyway. I'd say Schenn might get a JvR-type contract and Couturier, maybe a Giroux-type, but possibly closer to a Voracek-type contract.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:02 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
The Dispatch reports that the Boston Bruins, Los Angeles Kings, New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks and Toronto Maple Leafs “are believed to be on the approved list for Nash.”
-Columbus Dispatch

I think we might be safe!

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:17 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
-Columbus Dispatch

That can change though. I'm not saying it will, but there is a week before the deadline. One conversation between Homer and Nash or Nash and a couple Flyers teammates could change his mind. I'm still on the fence about this whole deal. To me it really depends on what goes to Columbus. I wouldn't want to deal more than one of Couturier, Schenn, and JvR.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
I disagree.
Bryz isn't getting lit up because of our system. I am sure anyone who has watched the games can confirm Bryz is whiffing on easy saves. A player shouldn't skate up up along the boards and rip a wrist shot past him at a poor angle from like 25+ feet away. Bryz just looks lost at times, poor positioning in the crease, delayed reactions, not sure what to do in specific situations (overusing the poke check not knowing when he should step forward and challenge, etc)

Plus keep in mind Bryz didn't just have success in Phoenix. He wasn't bad for the Ducks ether, even had an amazing playoff effort where he posted a GAA of 1.46 with a .944 save percentage over 11 games with 3 shutouts. The next year he had a 2.25 GAA with a .922 save percentage though over just 5 games as they lacked goal support. He also played for Team Russia a few times. The year they won gold Bryz posted a GAA of 2.09 and a save percentage of .924% and the next year though he only played 2 games and they choked he still posted a GAA of 1.78 and save percent of .942%.

I believe a system can help and hurt a goalie but I don't think it makes great goalies (otherwise Broduer and Lundqvist are both huge frauds). When I see Bryz play it doesn't look like a system issue to me.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
-Columbus Dispatch

I hope he ends up in LA.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:30 AM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by @sbaickerCSN
Holmgren says no injuries to report. Voracek just left Skate Zone.
http://twitter.com/sbaickerCSN/statu...45845798797312

He was said to be slamming his stick on the boards as he left and fell awkwardly into the boards. I'm pretty sure Holmgren is just lying because Giroux also left. I hope there isn't a trade of Voracek.

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:33 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Rangers fan here,not trolling,not looking to bust balls.Just here to talk hockey.I read this rumor this morning.I would love to see Nash in the East just not as a Ranger....I read today on NHL network that Philly and CBJ are in talks for Nash....

JVR,Cotoure and a 1st rounder..
please, just stay in the rangers section

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:35 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
http://twitter.com/sbaickerCSN/statu...45845798797312

He was said to be slamming his stick on the boards as he left and fell awkwardly into the boards. I'm pretty sure Holmgren is just lying because Giroux also left. I hope there isn't a trade of Voracek.
I'm guessing (hoping) you are not insinuating Giroux would be involved? That would be devastating news. Voracek I'm cool with trading if someone good is returned, but not Giroux.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
please, just stay in the rangers section
I wonder who we're trading to the Sharks for Couture.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:40 AM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'm guessing (hoping) you are not insinuating Giroux would be involved? That would be devastating news. Voracek I'm cool with trading if someone good is returned, but not Giroux.
I just thought it was weird about Voraek and then I remembered Giroux left earlier and was wondering why. I hope not.

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:51 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
I just thought it was weird about Voraek and then I remembered Giroux left earlier and was wondering why. I hope not.
To me, at least I would hope, Giroux leaving as well (if it means anything at all) would be a sign that Voracek is not going anywhere.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I'm going to go ahead and guess that Giroux left for maintenance purposes.

02-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Prongo
Beer

The deadline makes us all crazy! Giroux and Voracek leave the ice and people believe they are being trade?? Voracek even left with the trainer Right after he went hard into the boards. Probably thought he re-injured his shoulder again but it turned out to be not that bad. Giroux, I would say maintenance or something of that aspect.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
The only way Giroux leaves is if Malkin returns.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
mercury

Maybe my prediction was right? Voracek, Bryz, 1st, and a d-man for Nash and Mason? As I said before, Holmgren gets an A+ if he turns Carter, Bryzgalov, Random P. Defense, and a late 2012 1st into Nash, Mason, Couturier, and Cousins.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Maybe my prediction was right? Voracek, Bryz, 1st, and a d-man for Nash and Mason? As I said before, Holmgren gets an A+ if he turns Carter, Bryzgalov, Random P. Defense, and a late 2012 1st into Nash, Mason, Couturier, and Cousins.
Salaries don't match up. If you add JVR to that, then yeah... but I highly doubt Columbus would want Voracek back anyway. If you want Nash from CBJ and are trying to dump Bryz on them as well, it's going to cost one of Schenn or Couturier. I really don't think there's any way around that. And if there is, Scott Howson should be fired/incapacitated before faxing in the trade papers for league approval.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
A+? He will be a legend. Gomez trade will be nothing compare to that. Steal.

Mason is terrible. Mason is Leighton but not Philadelphia version, Carolina Hurricane version.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:04 PM
duffy9748

I wouldn't say were out of it because we are not willing to give up Schenn/Couturier, JVR + because no team will give anything close to that. They'll have to lower their demands if they are looking for that.

I hope the Rangers get him if they give up something close to that package.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote