HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread V

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 11:52 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
LoL, sounds like the guys are fearful they will be the ones heading to Columbus

http://www.mayorsmanor.com/2012/02/k...10264766870638

Too bad. Too late.

Get it done, Dean.
Too late to be sulking now, You think any of the Rangers are tense ? NOPE, there is no way that GM screws with whats going on in NY.

But that's a reward for playing their guts out (and being the number one team in the NHL).

The Kings players dug their own grave, Now you get to sleep in it.

For once I wish Drew (or any Kings players) would tell it like it is.

Drew or Brown "WE suck at scoring goals, so we deserve what's coming to us".

Old
02-20-2012, 12:01 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorhov83 View Post
When will people get it that Richards is a set up guy, someone who needs wingers that can score. Simmonds would not even be close to 20 goals on this team. Some people really need to open their IQ about hockey knowledge. If the Kings played the same way Philly did then hell Penner might even have 20 goals. Simmonds camps in front of the net, and plays on a high passe team. Richards does things that never show up on the stat sheet. If Richards had some decent wingers people might think other wise.
Bingo.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
Bingo.

Well, everything is fine then. Now he should make better passes then because 14A ain't cutting it even if you are a 3rd liner.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:10 PM
bobafettish*

im convinced the tsn guys are clueless and just throw **** out there.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Minor Boarding

Speaking of the Kings scoring:
Last year vs this year:
2010-11

2011-12

Not exactly a earth shattering difference.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:27 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
He knows about as much as any of us do. He's just a whiny fan that makes stuff up for Eklund. Don't let him fool you, I can't believe people actually visit his site looking for news.
Agreed. The guy is a joke in terms of actually reporting something. All he does is rant, try to sound funny, acts like he knows it all (even though he clears just follows whhatever line of thinking the masses want) and maybe toss out the odd rumour that is really no different 99% of the time from what is reported elsewhere. Each click is like feeding a troll on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Darren Dreger: "Dean Lombardi is willing to throw 'everything' he has for Rick Nash". @TSN Radio 1050. LINK

Shortly afterwards he admitted that he took a little much, but still thought that Dean Lombardi is desperate.

He mentions Jeff Carter as plan B.

Ales Hemsky could be plan C.
Nothing new. That said, I hope he doesn't throw it all at Nash. Get Carter. Just say no to Hemsky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Derek Roy had a really good game yesterday. I know he's a center but I would love to have him in our team! What do you think?
At what cost? And where would we play him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
That simply not true.
Oh yes it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Seriously, Rick Nash might be one of the most overrated players in the game right about now.
What other player in the NHL that had declining numbers for 4 years in a row has returned a package that are being rumored? Seriously? Neither Forsberg, Kovalchuk, Hossa, B. Richards did bring back packages like rumored for Nash. Heck, effin Gretzky, Hull, Messier, Francis, Roy didn't bring that kind of a package in their trades..

ridiculous.
It's trade deadline, and likely falls in line with what Columbus is asking. That said, I agree with you and have been saying the same all along. Nash isn't worth much more than half of the asking price, but you have people on here spouting off nonsense about "screw the cap" "get someone, anyone, now" "who cares about the cost", etc. There's a near revolt going on in here right now, and only a trade is going to satisfy them. DL could trade 10 1sts for Nash, and there'd be people on here saying it's a great trade.

Just get Carter and save some cap space and lower the asking price.

I find it interesting that Brown's agent came out and said something about anyone being able to get traded. I wonder if he heard something about Brown, or if Brown maybe is eyeing getting out of LA and the agent is stirring the waters.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:27 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

For a set up guy Richards has scored 28/30/31/23 goals over the last four years. I know that he is a very good set up guy but the guy *isn"t* a set up guy first and foremost. He is an all around excellent hockey player who knows how to finish as well as dish it out.

If we made a deal for a "pure goal scorer" that had scored as many goals as MR over the past four years we would all be saying that we have our man. Just saying that calling MR a set up center first and foremost isn't exactly accurate.

As for calling people out for not having a high enough hockey I.Q. around here well that is just nonsense in my opinion. We have a ton of exceptionally knowledgeable hockey fans around here, you don't believe me wander around other teams boards and I think you will be surprised.

Simmonds has 21 goals and we all knew that he was capable of it as well as expected him to do so as soon as he left the team. I still make the MR deal every day of the week and I am one of the most prospect oriented people around here.

I do agree with you that we need to change our style of play but I remember the days when we were heralded as being one of the best offencive teams in the league and how we had gone two seasons without being shut out.

We never won the cup back then but we scored a ton of goals.

That was pre great one. Now the pendulum has swung the other way and we are having a hard time scoring on a consistent basis. I've been saying for a long time that until we develop a balanced attack we will forever be stuck in inis swing from one extreme to another.

Shake the team up by adding something that we sorely lack or stay the course and develop our own. We have Ktsyn who is a second line LW power forward that will be ready in one more year and a few other kids who are about the same give or take that play different styles. We need an elite LW sniper type in our system.

We have Toffi who is a year in the AHL (maybe two) away from being an impact first line RW in the league but he is scheduled to replace JW when the time comes so that is a wash. Kozun has exceptional hands ut he is a second/third line guy when on his game and favors RW more than anything else.

We have King and a few other kids coming up who have the potential to play on our top two lines but none of them are an outright lock to play there. We are overloaded with exceptoinal talent on our bottom 6 and taht is for certain.

Staying the course to me might be alright if we are willing to wait another two to three years for our prospects to develop into NHLers but to me we are way too loaded up for making a cup run today and over the next 3 years to really wait for that to happen so I would look to add our sniper now.

We have assets that we can move and still have an exceptional system from jr's to the bigs so it isn't like we would be gambling everything we have to land a single star player and be right back where we started if it doesn't work out.

That's is the way I see it anyways.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:35 PM
ProfessorHov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
For a set up guy Richards has scored 28/30/31/23 goals over the last four years. I know that he is a very good set up guy but the guy *isn"t* a set up guy first and foremost. He is an all around excellent hockey player who knows how to finish as well as dish it out.

If we made a deal for a "pure goal scorer" that had scored as many goals as MR over the past four years we would all be saying that we have our man. Just saying that calling MR a set up center first and foremost isn't exactly accurate.

As for calling people out for not having a high enough hockey I.Q. around here well that is just nonsense in my opinion. We have a ton of exceptionally knowledgeable hockey fans around here, you don't believe me wander around other teams boards and I think you will be surprised.

Simmonds has 21 goals and we all knew that he was capable of it as well as expected him to do so as soon as he left the team. I still make the MR deal every day of the week and I am one of the most prospect oriented people around here.

I do agree with you that we need to change our style of play but I remember the days when we were heralded as being one of the best offencive teams in the league and how we had gone two seasons without being shut out.

That was pre great one. Now the pendulum has swung the other way and we are having a hard time scoring on a consistent basis. I've been saying for a long time that until we develop a balanced attack we will forever be stuck in inis swing from one extreme to another.

Shake the team up by adding something that we sorely lack or stay the course and develop our own. We have Ktsyn who is a second line LW power forward that will be ready in one more year and a few other kids who are about the same give or take that play different styles. We need an elite LW sniper type in our system.

We have Toffi who is a year in the AHL (maybe two) away from being an impact first line RW in the league but he is scheduled to replace JW when the time comes so that is a wash. Kozun has exceptional hands ut he is a second/third line guy when on his game and favors RW more than anything else.

We have King and a few other kids coming up who have the potential to play on our top two lines but none of them are an outright lock to play there. We are overloaded with exceptoinal talent on our bottom 6 and taht is for certain.

Staying the course to me might be alright if we are willing to wait another two to three years for our prospects to develop into NHLers but to me we are way too loaded up for making a cup run today and over the next 3 years to really wait for that to happen so I would look to add our sniper now.

We have assets that we can move and still have an exceptional system from jr's to the bigs so it isn't like we would be gambling everything we have to land a single star player and be right back where we started if it doesn't work out.

I am just tired of reading over and over and over how if and a big if we had Simmonds we wouldn't be in dire need of goals. People have been bashing on Richards because Simmonds is having a great year.

When it comes to hockey IQ, people keep throwing numbers, all I meant was think beyond that.

Hell on paper the Kings looked like Stanley Cup contenders, I bet I can make a PowerPoint, excel sheet, and collected data to convince anyone of this. The truth is this team lacks the 3 C's

Creativity, Confidence, Courage

Old
02-20-2012, 12:36 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Regarding Brown, I think he was displeased with the Murray firing and let Lombardi and others know about it. I am pretty sure he was told that Murray wasn't and isn't the only people on the hot seat. Some players are as well. Kind of goes in line with what the Mayor posted in his blog.

It's too late for some of these players and some of the names that are being shopped would shock most of us.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Ty Conklin is on waivers. That be a nice pick up if we are moving Bernier.
Ty Conklin? a nice pick up? Ouch.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:38 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Ty Conklin is on waivers. That be a nice pick up if we are moving Bernier.
We might have a better idea tomorrow of what dean is doing.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorHov View Post
I am just tired of reading over and over and over how if and a big if we had Simmonds we wouldn't be in dire need of goals. People have been bashing on Richards because Simmonds is having a great year.

When it comes to hockey IQ, people keep throwing numbers, all I meant was think beyond that.

Hell on paper the Kings looked like Stanley Cup contenders, I bet I can make a PowerPoint, excel sheet, and collected data to convince anyone of this. The truth is this team lacks the 3 C's

Creativity, Confidence, Courage
Professor, I agree with you. But I have been fighting this fight for at least a month and a half and there are some who just look at base stats. Not Even strength ppg, not linemates, not team systems.

They just say "Oh man player X has Y amount of points on team A, ergo he would have that many on team B."

It's a giant fallacy. But people are still arguing it adamantly.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:40 PM
ProfessorHov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Ty Conklin? a nice pick up? Ouch.
Lol this defense might make Beach Ball Dan look good I am sure Ty Conklin will be fine

Old
02-20-2012, 12:44 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

The more I think about it, the better fit I think Carter will be. He is exactly what we need; he's a sniper and he can stand in front and pot home rebounds.

edit: Not to mention, great cap hit and the asking price is probably nowhere near that of Nash's. Probably don't need to give up JJ.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:45 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

TG - well thought out post as always. As we have discussed before I favor moving some of our young depth on the blueline for another team's young depth up front.

The usual suspects being Martinez, Hickey, Muzzin, and maybe Forbort, and even possibly Voynov.

I am wondering though what you would think instead of us moving a package of players for one guy, if it might not be better to move Johnson for a package from another team. Say a player like Grabner and a higher end forward prospect from their system?

Other teams that may be possibilties are the Oilers (with Paajarvi, Omark, and Lander), or maybe the Flyers (with Read +).

Just trying to think outside the box a bit. I really don't want to see the Kings giving up a large amount of assets to get Nash.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:46 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorHov View Post
Who has said that?

Kings fans are well aware that he wouldn't be scoring at that pace in LA.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Regarding Brown, I think he was displeased with the Murray firing and let Lombardi and others know about it. I am pretty sure he was told that Murray wasn't and isn't the only people on the hot seat. Some players are as well. Kind of goes in line with what the Mayor posted in his blog.

It's too late for some of these players and some of the names that are being shopped would shock most of us.
Possible? Yes. Likely? Not really - especially considering Sutter is Terry Murray pt2.

Dean Lombardi should've been more concerned about his NHL future then Brown especially how well his trades/signings have done.

Just sayin'

Old
02-20-2012, 12:52 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
TG - well thought out post as always. As we have discussed before I favor moving some of our young depth on the blueline for another team's young depth up front.

The usual suspects being Martinez, Hickey, Muzzin, and maybe Forbort, and even possibly Voynov.

I am wondering though what you would think instead of us moving a package of players for one guy, if it might not be better to move Johnson for a package from another team. Say a player like Grabner and a higher end forward prospect from their system?

Other teams that may be possibilties are the Oilers (with Paajarvi, Omark, and Lander), or maybe the Flyers (with Read +).

Just trying to think outside the box a bit. I really don't want to see the Kings giving up a large amount of assets to get Nash.
If the Kings are going to move Jack, he needs to move East coast. I don't like the idea of Jack killing the Kings 6 times a year.

Cause you know it will happen, the team he goes too will let him do what he wants.

Jack will suck on Defense, but he will be the Mike Green of the west (50 to 65 points)

Old
02-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Dennis Bernstein of TFP tweeted that the Kings have upped their offer for Nash to Jonathan Bernier, Jack Johnson, Andrei Loktionov, plus other assets.
http://twitter.com/#!/DennisTFP/stat...67656959721472

Old
02-20-2012, 12:54 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

I agree completely.

That kind of move would be idillic for us. Since we would be asking we would still end up overpaying but that is something that we cautiously could afford to do. There are several top notch prospects out there who would greatly and quickly impact our team for now and the next several years that we should be able to make an offer for that would bring them our way without costing us too much.

THe Nash/Vanek type of deals are going to cost us a ton and pieces from our line up. Not saying that we shouldn't do it, just stating a fact. NHL ready futures or 1/2 year players will cost less and would be a great way to go.

Old
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
We might have a better idea tomorrow of what dean is doing.
It would have been weird to fire the coach again, wouldn't it?

I guess he is either sleeping or preparing a great offer for Penner . ..I meant Nash/Carter/Hemsky...

Old
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Dennis Bernstein of TFP tweeted that the Kings have upped their offer for Nash to Jonathan Bernier, Jack Johnson, Andrei Loktionov, plus other assets.
I want Nash! Though I don't trust TFP!

Old
02-20-2012, 12:55 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Way too much. Way WAY WAY too much.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Way too much. Way WAY WAY too much.
I'm sure the jackets will be adding. I don't take TFP seriously.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Leo W

vCash: 50
Jeff Carter + Richards in Los Angeles= Doughty becomes a harder party boy than ever.

Closed Thread