HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose to the devils 3-1

Old
02-20-2012, 12:18 AM
Sargent Pepper*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
lol so what if hes not a fast skater?. He is by far our smartest player and had amazing vision. He should be a 2nd line center yes but what he's doing this yr is incredible and I see no reason why he won't keep improving. I bet your one of those people who also think Roy would be a good coach for us too right?..theres a reason why no other team has showed interest in him. Bruce Boudreau 2.0
Exactly because he is not fast, old guys from NJ tied him up nicely all game long.....SO WHAT you said? hahahaha.....you are a riot man!

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:21 AM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post
Reading through this thread is beyond hilarious. Some of you have to be bipolar or something. Winning streak; we'll make the playoffs, Darche is amazing, Cunney should be there next season, Kostitsyn is great, Kaberle is better than expected...

A lost; What a **** team! Blow this thing up! There's no hope! Hang me up! Trade everybody! Package these guys for a pick! It's Gauthier's fault! Cunney don't know how to coach!

Some of you need to learn what behaving with detachment means.
LOL- it is amusing- i havnt wavered at all- this team needs to sell and need to fall in the standings - winning a few doesnt change it

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Habsfunk

The most frustrating thing about this season right now is that it seems like that last spot in the Eastern Conference is up for grabs and no one wants it. Every team in the race for eighth is losing (except for the Islanders). If Montreal could just pull off a real streak, they could be in there easily. I'm thinking it won't even take 90 points to make the playoffs in the east this year.

At the same time, a loss to New Jersey is to be expected. It's the blown lead earlier this week against Carolina that really stings.

Habsfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:37 AM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfunk View Post
The most frustrating thing about this season right now is that it seems like that last spot in the Eastern Conference is up for grabs and no one wants it. Every team in the race for eighth is losing (except for the Islanders). If Montreal could just pull off a real streak, they could be in there easily. I'm thinking it won't even take 90 points to make the playoffs in the east this year.

At the same time, a loss to New Jersey is to be expected. It's the blown lead earlier this week against Carolina that really stings.
winnipeg has won 3 in a row now
TB has won 2 in a row- 5-3 -2 in last 10

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:41 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Exactly because he is not fast, old guys from NJ tied him up nicely all game long.....
Yeah, except for that time that he set up our only goal of the game...

In your own mind, do you take yourself very seriously?

NotProkofievian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:47 AM
Habs

Funny to read all the Campoli hate, as if he's the problem on this team.. lol

12 shots on goal after 2 periods? No , that isn't a problem at all.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:04 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Take away shots from the point and the Habs win this game...3 fugly goals...every one of them.
The Habs should learn something from that...take more shots from the point, get big bodies in front and score some of these tough area goals, that is how the good teams score this time of year when the defense tightens up. see Detroit with Holmstom for past 15 years. Its an easy concept but the Habs don't do it, we have no one with that type of guts.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:43 AM
poetryinmotion

Pack it in from now on, play Budaj more and keep Markov the heck away from the team because there's no point in trying to win games any more. If there was one opportunity to make it, it just flew by.

If MaxPac scores 30+ and we draft in the top2-5 I will still be happy.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:11 AM
SeriousHabs

I like how the team is a bottom dweller yet the fans are surprised when the team plays poorly. Listen guys, I am no expert, but I think that bad teams tend to play poorly...

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:12 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Pack it in from now on, play Budaj more and keep Markov the heck away from the team because there's no point in trying to win games any more. If there was one opportunity to make it, it just flew by.

If MaxPac scores 30+ and we draft in the top2-5 I will still be happy.
Might as well hope for MaxPac to stop scoring. He will be cheaper to sign next time around

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Price doesn't have the d-corp (and the coaching staff) that the Devils had during Brodeur's best seasons. The guy was receiving about 20-22 shots per night on average.
Not to stir the pot but Martys best season across the board was 06-07

48 wins .920 sv% 2.18 GAA

That came playing behind.

Oduya
Lukowich
Martin
White
Fraser
Hale
Matvichuk
Alex Brooks
Greene

Yes Marty has benefited from stacked D but he's also proved he can put up great numbers playing behind a medicore D.

Sadly the last 2 years injuries really derailed the 1st part of his last 2 seasons. But last yr he was GREAT in the 2nd half and it seems a repeat performence of that is going on.

---

Anyway, good game last night the loss wasn't for a lack of effort that's for sure.

Scottyk9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Not to stir the pot but Martys best season across the board was 06-07

48 wins .920 sv% 2.18 GAA

That came playing behind.

Oduya
Lukowich
Martin
White
Fraser
Hale
Matvichuk
Alex Brooks
Greene

Yes Marty has benefited from stacked D but he's also proved he can put up great numbers playing behind a medicore D.

Sadly the last 2 years injuries really derailed the 1st part of his last 2 seasons. But last yr he was GREAT in the 2nd half and it seems a repeat performence of that is going on.

---

Anyway, good game last night the loss wasn't for a lack of effort that's for sure.
Brian Rafalski says hello...........not like he was their #1 dman at the time or anything

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Brian Rafalski says hello...........not like he was their #1 dman at the time or anything
Well, can't exactly tell how I forgot to remember him...guess it took all my brain power to remember Alex Freaking Brooks.

Scottyk9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Always hard to watch the team lose, but if we aren't going to make the playoffs, we might aswell finish as low as possible. Having a top two pick and a chance at our first superstar forward since Guy Lafleur is pretty exciting, and may be the best way to turn this team around quickly.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:32 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
Always hard to watch the team lose, but if we aren't going to make the playoffs, we might aswell finish as low as possible. Having a top two pick and a chance at our first superstar forward since Guy Lafleur is pretty exciting, and may be the best way to turn this team around quickly.
You really believe Yakupov or Grigorenko have that much talent ? If it would be Hall, Seguin or RNH or McKinnon in a couple of years, I would say YES !

Anyway, top-two is impossible (unless the lottery pick would change that).

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:38 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
The problem comes when many on these boards make exaggerated claims such as "if Price wasn't there we'd be last, bla bla bla" , or when people wouldn't even think twice about signing him to a completely ridiculous and insane contract of 50M for 7 years as if he were a proven top 5 goalie. The fact of the matter is that Price has proven very little. So far ? One top 5 goalie season, one. And in the playoffs it's actually been worse. And people are ready to hand over the keys to the city ? I say wait.

Furthermore, goalies in this league are getting better and better. There's only 30 number one spots. There are a lot of amazing goalies out there for these 30 spots and the difference between the 5th one and the 20th one is not that big. They can even swap rankings on any given season depending on luck and how good the teams in front of them are.

Price is indeed quite overrated. He's not the invaluable cornerstone people make him out to be. Reminds me a lot of when everyone was gaga over Theodore for a good 2-3 years after his Hart/Vezina season despite the fact Theodore wasn't doing anything special (he actually sucked most of the time). The funny part is that Theodore had actually done something to warrant that much hype (multiple trophies) whereas Price hasn't. The accomplishments haven't been there.

When I hear people say we don't need to rebuild because we already have a superstar franchise player in Price I always raise an eyebrow because he isn't there yet and goalies are really fickle. It's incredibly hard to say if he ever will be. Thing is, for a goalie to have as big of an impact on his team as a true franchise dman or forward he has to be pretty special. The #6 best goalie in the NHL doesn't have the same impact that Weber, Malkin, Datsyuk, etc have on a team. To say we're fine because we have a franchise player in Price is a smoke screen really. For that to be true Price would have to be better than he is and start shutting the door when he's given leads. No I'm not saying it's his fault, but MVP franchise players carry the team on their back, they don't need help all the time. Price was doing it last season. Rarely allowed softies and he'd shut the door down when given leads. But he's not doing it this season. He's not as good as he was last season, no one will make me believe that (even when accounting for the team's play in front of him). And last season, Price didn't even get any trophies, wasn't even nominated for one which goes to show you how good the goalies in this league are. You have to be head and shoulders above the rest to make a huge impact on your team and be a franchise player. I just don't see Price in that light at all, not yet anyway.

Anyway, can't wait for parts of my post to be cherry picked and for Price fans to see red and misunderstand the whole post.
No need to explain much to a poster, known for long standing bias against price, who comes out and say "i told you so" the day after price's arguably worse game and disappears then after

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post

Anyway, can't wait for parts of my post to be cherry picked and for Price fans to see red and misunderstand the whole post.
I can't wait for you to cherry pick the next bad game that Carey Price plays for you to come out of hibernation and say "I told you so"

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I can't wait for you to cherry pick the next bad game that Carey Price plays for you to come out of hibernation and say "I told you so"
If anyone should hibernate it's those that dispense one liners propping up the 21st best goaltender in the league.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:00 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
If anyone should hibernate it's those that dispense one liners propping up the 21st best goaltender in the league.
that's cause 21st is the new 1st like 8th is the new first.

Baa.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Previous Usernames JimCareyPrice

Yeah man, you don't got no issues.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:03 PM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
down on Price with that putrid D in front of him?

how he has any confidence at all is amazing, proving himself in the worst circumstances

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Muminek

We`ve got a D that except for Gorges-Subban-Emelin often seems to be playing for the opposite team, we`ve got 1 good and consistent line on offence, we cannot score in a SO, we`ve got a mess upstairs and a newbie coach who will lose his job soon and he knows it, but it`s our goalies who are mainly guilty of this **********ed up season. Am I right?

Muminek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:08 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Not according to a poll of hockey players in the NHL, Price is one of the top 5 goalies in the league, but what do hockey players know, people on these boards are the real experts

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:09 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
You really believe Yakupov or Grigorenko have that much talent ? If it would be Hall, Seguin or RNH or McKinnon in a couple of years, I would say YES !

Anyway, top-two is impossible (unless the lottery pick would change that).
Yakupov has that much talent, Grigorenko isn't at the same level. It doesn't matter anyway since we won't get a shot at Yakupov.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muminek View Post
We`ve got a D that except for Gorges-Subban-Emelin often seems to be playing for the opposite team, we`ve got 1 good and consistent line on offence, we cannot score in a SO, we`ve got a mess upstairs and a newbie coach who will lose his job soon and he knows it, but it`s our goalies who are mainly guilty of this **********ed up season. Am I right?
You forgot that Desharnais and Darche suck. Desharnais is too small and we all hate him because he is playing with our two best forwards, he has absolutely nothing to do with them and we shouldn't give him any credit. Darche should be scratched because the coach is playing him too much and we are tired to see him in the interviews, he shouldn't even be allowed to speak french since he isn't a fan favourite...

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote