HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread V

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Yes... Yes we can at that price.
Let's just get Carter instead!!

Old
02-20-2012, 01:16 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Interesting. Where did you see that?
Twitter.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
I don't know... It is a lot to give up, but players of Nash's caliber don't come available very often. JJ and Bernier are more or less replaceable. I am hesitant to give up Lokti, but Nash is a true gamebreaker and we can't miss out on him.
I know you love Nash, but that would just decimate even more the thin depth the Kings have on this team. One player isn't going to turn this team around. They need more depth throughout the whole lineup, and you want to take away from that? Truthfully, I feel the Kings are better off making a couple smaller deals and adding players that will bolster the depth (something along the lines of Gaustad and Grabner if at all possible), not take away from it.

I know Nash is a great player, but I honestly don't think he's as amazing of a gamebreaker as you think he is.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Twitter.
Could post the quote? I don't have Twitter.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:24 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Let's just get Carter instead!!
Done. I'd take him in a heartbeat over Nash. But we've discussed this forever, you and I.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

What do you guys think of a move involving Dustin Brown to the New York Rangers in exchange for Derek Stepan, one of Chris Kreider or J.T. Miller, and New York's 1st round pick in 2012 or 2013?

It might look like a big loss now, but Stepan and one of Kreider or Miller could be two very productive top six forwards who could be part of a young core. The Kings could then look to move other assets to bring in another bonafide top six forward and possibly look at free agency to acquire another forward to round out their offense.

Then again, I'm not sure the Rangers would make such a move and I could be overvaluing Dustin Brown...

Old
02-20-2012, 01:28 PM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:
Could post the quote? I don't have Twitter.
Believe this is what he's talking about https://twitter.com/#!/NortonSports/...34058122248192

Scott Norton @NortonSports
Quote:
Spoke again w #CaptainAmerica tonight. #DustinBrown23 frustrated w his teams play, but realizes if #99 could get traded, so could he. #Biz

Old
02-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey View Post
Believe this is what he's talking about https://twitter.com/#!/NortonSports/...34058122248192

Very interesting. Sounds like he's definitely trying to stir the pot a bit.

Old
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
I know you love Nash, but that would just decimate even more the thin depth the Kings have on this team. One player isn't going to turn this team around. They need more depth throughout the whole lineup, and you want to take away from that? Truthfully, I feel the Kings are better off making a couple smaller deals and adding players that will bolster the depth (something along the lines of Gaustad and Grabner if at all possible), not take away from it.

I know Nash is a great player, but I honestly don't think he's as amazing of a gamebreaker as you think he is.
I like Gaustad and Grabner, so I'm not opposed to that.

But it isn't decimating the depth as much as it looks at first glance. Quick plays every game anyways, and I'm kind of assuming Sanford would be coming back to us if we are giving up that much. VV can step in the lineup for JJ; maybe he can't play 23 min a game yet but he can play 18 and not be a downgrade, especially if you believe JJ's +-(which i know we do). It sucks to lose Lokti, but at least we hold on to Toffoli.

I think Nash would bring life to the team, and could make all the difference to get Richards, Kopi etc going. As everyone knows, if we could score 2.5 goals per game we would be in such great shape. I think Nash is one of the few players who actually could make a huge difference.

One more thing to consider; everyone, myself included is scared that Quick says **** this, Chicago will score goals for me, I'm going there. So while Nash's cap hit would make things tighter, you have to think Quick will appreciate the effort to get scoring help, and hopefully an actual significant increase in goals. Getting Nash could convince him to stay.

Old
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
What do you guys think of a move involving Dustin Brown to the New York Rangers in exchange for Derek Stepan, one of Chris Kreider or J.T. Miller, and New York's 1st round pick in 2012 or 2013?

It might look like a big loss now, but Stepan and one of Kreider or Miller could be two very productive top six forwards who could be part of a young core. The Kings could then look to move other assets to bring in another bonafide top six forward and possibly look at free agency to acquire another forward to round out their offense.

Then again, I'm not sure the Rangers would make such a move and I could be overvaluing Dustin Brown...
Doubt the Rangers Do anything, They are rolling why would a GM mess with anything that team is doing.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The number of rumors floating around could be eating Brown up. I'm not opposed to trading him either. He's been largely ineffective and I've grown tiresome of his inconsistent play and lack of leadership over the years.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Doubt the Rangers Do anything, They are rolling why would a GM mess with anything that team is doing.
Teams always look to add more experienced players during their push for the playoffs. Boston did it with Seidenberg and Peverley. I could see the Rangers trying to make one big move to put them over the hump, especially if they're going to face Boston in the playoffs.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
I like Gaustad and Grabner, so I'm not opposed to that.

But it isn't decimating the depth as much as it looks at first glance. Quick plays every game anyways, and I'm kind of assuming Sanford would be coming back to us if we are giving up that much. VV can step in the lineup for JJ; maybe he can't play 23 min a game yet but he can play 18 and not be a downgrade, especially if you believe JJ's +-(which i know we do). It sucks to lose Lokti, but at least we hold on to Toffoli.

I think Nash would bring life to the team, and could make all the difference to get Richards, Kopi etc going. As everyone knows, if we could score 2.5 goals per game we would be in such great shape. I think Nash is one of the few players who actually could make a huge difference.

One more thing to consider; everyone, myself included is scared that Quick says **** this, Chicago will score goals for me, I'm going there. So while Nash's cap hit would make things tighter, you have to think Quick will appreciate the effort to get scoring help, and hopefully an actual significant increase in goals. Getting Nash could convince him to stay.
All very valid points that I can't necessarily disagree with. I just feel like the Kings would be giving up waaaaay more than the Penguins did for Hossa or the Devils for Kovalchuk, and I don't see Nash as significantly better than those two.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:34 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Teams always look to add more experienced players during their push for the playoffs. Boston did it with Seidenberg and Peverley. I could see the Rangers trying to make one big move to put them over the hump, especially if they're going to face Boston in the playoffs.
What Hump ? they are the Number one team in the East. The last few agaisnt Boston, the Rangers were cleary the better team.

They haven't lost to Boston yet this year.

Last edited by damacles1156: 02-20-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old
02-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
What Hump ? they are the Number one team in the League. The last Game agaisnt Boston, the Rangers kicked Boston's teeth in.
The playoffs are a different animal. Just look at how the Rangers have fared in the post season the last couple of years.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:36 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
People don't get it man lol

That's Three roster players Currently on the Kings. When has any team in the last 6 years. Traded away three roster players, for a guy like Nash.

Mike Richards netted ONE, plus an Elite prospect. Carter, ONE Roster player Elite Draft Pick (top 10).

Hossa ? Heatly ? Kovi ?

Yah not going to happen.
1. Schenn was, for all intents and purposes, a roster player at the time of the Richards trade. He would have been in LA this year for sure.

2. Hossa and Kovy were UFA's to be with Nash locked up long term.

3. This is the deadline so the price would be higher than when Richards was traded.

4. Trust me, Lombardi would rather keep his job and work on replacing what he trades for Nash than stand pat and go back to being a scout.

Somewhat contrary to my last point, I'm not sure that DL is sold on this team not being able to pull out a playoff appearance. Last week, I would have said that he would go down with the ship but two 1-0 home losses can change minds quickly. He has spoken highly of Nash in the past and has failed in all of his attempts to sign big-name UFAs.

This is all going to come down to how close DL is to losing his job. Desperation is a stinky cologne.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
All very valid points that I can't necessarily disagree with. I just feel like the Kings would be giving up waaaaay more than the Penguins did for Hossa or the Devils for Kovalchuk, and I don't see Nash as significantly better than those two.
Those guys were UFA. Nash is signed for a long time and is only 27. I wouldn't expect the returns to be the same. If Nash was a UFA I'd be very against this ha.

Old
nrf83

Quote:

Ziggy, what are you doing to NYR; Stepan is not on the market, Kreider is still at BC and not signed so only his rights can be moved and that aint happening. Dubi and Miller 2nd possibly for Brown?

Old
damacles1156

Quote:
The playoffs are a different animal. Just look at how the Rangers have fared in the post season the last couple of years.
So what?

Boston went out looking awful the year before they won the cup.

Philly went to the Cup, then next year lost early looking terrible.

Old
johnjm22

I will be absolutely livid if Brown is traded.

Dean has already squandered Cammalleri, Visnovsky, Simmonds, Schenn and a bunch of 1st round picks. Now Brown too? No thanks. What happened to building from with in?

Old
02-20-2012, 01:39 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

I don't want to move Brown at all, and even I'd do that deal. That'd set us up for a while. Kreider is going to be a very good kid.

That said, I doubt the Rangers would pay that much. It is the deadline though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey View Post

Yeah that's it.

Quote:
Very interesting. Sounds like he's definitely trying to stir the pot a bit.
Agreed. Very odd timing as well.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

Dean has already squandered Cammalleri, Visnovsky, Simmonds, Schenn and a bunch of 1st round picks. Now Brown too? No thanks. What happened to building from with in?
Couldn't agree more. Brown should be going nowhere.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:41 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
I'm open to trading anyone as long as we get the better of the deal.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:48 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

16 of 28 players to play for the Kings this year were either drafted by LA or played every game of their career with the Kings. That's a pretty solid number.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Continue here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...3#post44507923

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Closed Thread