HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Bryzgalov ever be worth his contract? All Bryz Discussion Here. Part Three

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2012, 01:26 PM
  #626
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
what the **** bryz? we care too much? if we didnt care there would be no money for you... seriousli i did like him, i was thrilled about him as well, but you making me hate you bryz, you yourself.

Just get him out of the town, this guy need a shrink and different team..

Xegiie is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 01:30 PM
  #627
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/02...-too-much.html

Everyone should read this, fanboys and haters alike.

Bryz needs to change his attitude or he wont survive another year here. No matter what his fanboys say, this is the wrong attitude to have.
Bryz will not be in Philadelphia long. Mark my words.

My jaw dropped when I read that.

CS is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 01:35 PM
  #628
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,948
vCash: 500
That's probably the best way to get literally run out of the town.
As much as everyone was on him before, if this story gets out more, he'll be booed even if he wins.

Vikke is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 01:36 PM
  #629
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/02...-too-much.html

Everyone should read this, fanboys and haters alike.



Bryz needs to change his attitude or he wont survive another year here. No matter what his fanboys say, this is the wrong attitude to have.
WOW after reading Bryz' comment, just WOW !!!

apparently 51M$ can buy complacency if not happyness

/giant facepalm

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 01:39 PM
  #630
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,245
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/02...-too-much.html

Everyone should read this, fanboys and haters alike.



Bryz needs to change his attitude or he wont survive another year here. No matter what his fanboys say, this is the wrong attitude to have.
Not really sure how relilable some random emailer is, also could be taken out of context. Regardless Bryz's comments from the past definitely show he needs an attitude adjustment.

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 01:41 PM
  #631
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,987
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn Couturier View Post
Not really sure how relilable some random emailer is, also could be taken out of context. Regardless Bryz's comments from the past definitely show he needs an attitude adjustment.
Whether they're true or not, the media is turning on him. We know how that ends.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
02-20-2012, 01:42 PM
  #632
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,571
vCash: 5888
Which is a bigger disaster? Bryzgalov himself, or the decision to give him the contract? One is rightfully rehashed over and over again. The other being being talked about by nobody (media or like) , and it's as bad if not worse.

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 01:46 PM
  #633
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Beginning of the end. I basically called it after 1st HBO episode.

and I was attacked when I called him an idiot.

Kaktus* is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 01:48 PM
  #634
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Beginning of the end. I basically called it after 1st HBO episode.

and I was attacked when I called him an idiot.
to be fair back then most people thought he was just hamming it up for the camera..

now its genuinely seems thats ACTUALY what he is like all the dam time..


Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 01:53 PM
  #635
MrHockey1982
Registered User
 
MrHockey1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/02...-too-much.html

Everyone should read this, fanboys and haters alike.



Bryz needs to change his attitude or he wont survive another year here. No matter what his fanboys say, this is the wrong attitude to have.

#@$% you Bryz. Can we please get rid of him now?

MrHockey1982 is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 02:16 PM
  #636
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
to be fair back then most people thought he was just hamming it up for the camera..

now its genuinely seems thats ACTUALY what he is like all the dam time..

Which brings me to a question.. When Homer, Snider, Lavi and Bryzgalov were having steaks at Cherry Hill this summer what kind of questions were asked? Did these guys even talk?

Kaktus* is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 02:23 PM
  #637
Go For It
Registered User
 
Go For It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,056
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/02...-too-much.html

Everyone should read this, fanboys and haters alike.



Bryz needs to change his attitude or he wont survive another year here. No matter what his fanboys say, this is the wrong attitude to have.

Go For It is online now  
Old
02-20-2012, 02:24 PM
  #638
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,553
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
If he said this he's a dick and I don't really want him here if he is going to suck AND complain about fans "caring too much." But just because its on the internet doesn't mean it is true.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 02:51 PM
  #639
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,987
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Which brings me to a question.. When Homer, Snider, Lavi and Bryzgalov were having steaks at Cherry Hill this summer what kind of questions were asked? Did these guys even talk?
They probably just hurled bags of money at him.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
02-20-2012, 03:04 PM
  #640
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
So, Bryz feels we care too much here? Well, that pretty much settles it and should confirm what we've all been thinking. This guy simply doesn't get it and is a ****ing loser. Bryz needs to play somewhere the fans don't care as much (or at least aren't as rabid), where there is no pressure to perform at an elite level, where the media is sparse and tame. Saying that kind of **** is totally unacceptable, but, more troublingly, it's reflective of his pathetic attitude towards playing the game of hockey -- again, I maintain this is merely a job to him, not a passion, and that's the biggest problem of all. Now, if only Snider/Homer could get Bryz to waive that pesky NMC clause they so foolishly lavished upon him.

Amateur Hour is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 03:09 PM
  #641
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
russian goalies never been top class, in fact that was always their weakness in national championship/olympic games.
Thats where czech guys were shining..
Hasek, Cechmanek, Vokoun now it was Pavalec.
Sweden guys always had tough goalies as well.
Tretiak was a pretty good goalie from what I've heard...

Evgeny Belosheikin was an incredibly good goalie in his early twenties. Unfortunately he was so while being an alcoholic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
If he said this he's a dick and I don't really want him here if he is going to suck AND complain about fans "caring too much." But just because its on the internet doesn't mean it is true.
That quote isn't the most inspiring one, but hopefully it's not entirely accurate. It could also be one of those times when Bryzgalov not being a native speaker shows. He might not have understood how those words would be taken. I remember Markus Näslund saying something about how the Canucks choked in the playoffs one time, and he was a bit surprised I think about how much media attention the use of that word got.

Or, it could perhaps also be possible that there are a few knuckle heads out there who really do care too much and have done something stupid towards Bryzalov and/or his family.

mirimon is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 03:09 PM
  #642
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
So, Bryz feels we care too much here? Well, that pretty much settles it and should confirm what we've all been thinking. This guy simply doesn't get it and is a ****ing loser. Bryz needs to play somewhere the fans don't care as much (or at least aren't as rabid), where there is no pressure to perform at an elite level, where the media is sparse and tame. Saying that kind of **** is totally unacceptable, but, more troublingly, it's reflective of his pathetic attitude towards playing the game of hockey -- again, I maintain this is merely a job to him, not a passion, and that's the biggest problem of all. Now, if only Snider/Homer could get Bryz to waive that pesky NMC clause they so foolishly lavished upon him.
I don't think the NMC is the issue. Do you really think he's enjoying himself here? I'm sure he'd gladly accept a trade somewhere. The problem is nobody will want him and his contract.

DUHockey9 is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 03:12 PM
  #643
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,571
vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Which brings me to a question.. When Homer, Snider, Lavi and Bryzgalov were having steaks at Cherry Hill this summer what kind of questions were asked? Did these guys even talk?
Someone should ask them.


Since no one does it.

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 03:15 PM
  #644
DrHamburg
Registered User
 
DrHamburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
This guy kinda reminds me of Manny Ramirez. Is that a fair comparison personality wise? I would never believe what a fan would say, but assuming he did say this, the manny comparison came to mind.

honestly, I dont care what he says, he just needs to play better. The D hasn't given him too much help, but he has let in a ridiculous amount of backbreaker goals that he should have saved. I think bringing in 2 defenseman will help him a lot. Lets hope so.

DrHamburg is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 03:21 PM
  #645
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Nope.

hckyplayer8 is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 03:21 PM
  #646
JustJim
Registered User
 
JustJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Paignton,UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
I can remember when Roman Cechmanek was with the Flyers. He was a total flake, and it seemed as though he never fit in with the defense, the city, and the team in general.
I'm starting to get the same feeling now with Bryzgalov.
I wish there was a way for Holmgren to trade him, but I think it's a lost cause.
The Flyers are stuck with him.
Not good~

JustJim is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 03:22 PM
  #647
Brozgalov
Registered User
 
Brozgalov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bucks County, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
I can't wait for him to play better consistently and have everyone in Philadelphia love and adore him and say he has the best personality on the team.

The guy walked into a cluster**** of a situation and its his job to get out of it. He knows its on him, hes just ****ing tired of hearing it from the fans. I love how we all think he doesn't care and he doesn't want to play better. You are kidding yourself if he doesn't care. Yes he likes the booing and can't wait to leave Philadelphia. How about we show some support for our player instead of throwing him under the bus constantly. Has he been playing bad? Yes. Does that mean we need to make the situation worse by treating him like ****? No.. He clearly was wrong when he said he can handle pressure... IMO thats the only thing wrong with him. When he makes some saves and is confident, he looks great. He gave up that crappy goal against Pittsburgh and knew it was terrible and was just shaky after that. THAT IS PRESSURE.

We can choose to chase him out of town (which probably is impossible) or we can do what JVR and Giroux did and stand behind him because hes stuck here.

If you want to be agry, be angry at the GM and Snider. If someone handed you 51 million, you would accept it too. Doesn't mean you'll be that good.

Brozgalov is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 03:26 PM
  #648
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,553
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
That quote isn't the most inspiring one, but hopefully it's not entirely accurate. It could also be one of those times when Bryzgalov not being a native speaker shows. He might not have understood how those words would be taken. I remember Markus Näslund saying something about how the Canucks choked in the playoffs one time, and he was a bit surprised I think about how much media attention the use of that word got.

Or, it could perhaps also be possible that there are a few knuckle heads out there who really do care too much and have done something stupid towards Bryzalov and/or his family.
Exactly. There are a number of things that could have gone on involving this quote. Could be 100% accurate and Bryz meant every word. Could be 100% completely made up by this guy (the guy that is quoting, not those doing the quoting...although that is also possible). It could be a language barrier thing. Unless I heard it myself, I'm not going to concern myself with this. My guess is someone asks him about at some point and he'll either clear the air or own up to it (if that hasn't happened already).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 03:29 PM
  #649
bungle
Casual Observer
 
bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozgalov View Post
He clearly was wrong when he said he can handle pressure... IMO thats the only thing wrong with him.
But in his line of work, with his pay check, that's a fundamental requirement.

bungle is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 03:30 PM
  #650
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozgalov View Post
I can't wait for him to play better consistently and have everyone in Philadelphia love and adore him and say he has the best personality on the team.

The guy walked into a cluster**** of a situation and its his job to get out of it. He knows its on him, hes just ****ing tired of hearing it from the fans. I love how we all think he doesn't care and he doesn't want to play better. You are kidding yourself if he doesn't care. Yes he likes the booing and can't wait to leave Philadelphia. How about we show some support for our player instead of throwing him under the bus constantly. Has he been playing bad? Yes. Does that mean we need to make the situation worse by treating him like ****? No.. He clearly was wrong when he said he can handle pressure... IMO thats the only thing wrong with him. When he makes some saves and is confident, he looks great. He gave up that crappy goal against Pittsburgh and knew it was terrible and was just shaky after that. THAT IS PRESSURE.

We can choose to chase him out of town (which probably is impossible) or we can do what JVR and Giroux did and stand behind him because hes stuck here.

If you want to be agry, be angry at the GM and Snider. If someone handed you 51 million, you would accept it too. Doesn't mean you'll be that good.
Uh, who says we're not? I'm pretty sure everyone understands and laments Snider and Homer's part in this debacle. Still, that doesn't mean we can't be angry at Bryz too for being awful AND pouting with this woe-is-me pity ********. The guy needs to sack up and take responsibility, instead of crying about being a "scapegoat" here. Does the defense leave something to be desired? Definitely. But when a goalie is letting in the kind of soft crap Bryz did against Pittsburgh (and has been doing routinely most of the season), you could have six Hall of Fame defenders on the team and it wouldn't matter. They could give up only five low-percentage shots per game, but three of them would go in.

Amateur Hour is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.