HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers interested in Nash: Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 01:52 PM
NYRangers16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I just don't see Bernier ever displacing Quick, so it seems like a non-factor me.

If you're getting Nash, does it matter that you're losing Loktionov?

Johnson is undoubtedly the worst defensive player on the Kings by a wide margin and it's not like he's making up for it with Mike Green levels of offense. He's looking at a career worst year on team that's supposed to be markedly better. He's also got 6 years remaining on an overvalued contract, same as Nash.

With these roster players and without Nash, CBJ is a worse team than they are today. I can't see how this deal gets done without multiple picks or an absolute no-miss prospect.
Well Bernier could be a good starter in the league, so that's an upgrade. Quick is fast becoming a top 5 goalie in the league...I think it's nfair to say that just because Bernier hasn't beaten him out that he isn't a legit starter. He could be quite good.

Johnson hasn't been as good offensively but he's been considered one of the better young Dmen in the league plus he can move the puck which every team needs.

Lokitonov has potential.

I guess if that's all they get it really isn't a great deal, but they do clear the contract and they fill multiple needs. And the will probably have the #1 overall too, plus they could trade Mason for other assets. Not a horrible trade but they definitely aren't getting any star level players.

So maybe it's that "+" that is the sticking point. I don't know LA's system well enough to know who that could be.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
First off; lighten up. Secondly, what part of Boyle's game is that much better than Konopka (assuming you know who Konopka is)? All of my friends who are Islander fans love this guy and were not happy to see him go.

I can tell you how he's better than Boyle. Faceoffs and toughness. Your turn.
Boyle is better at everything other than fighting and faceoffs.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Rust Heisenberg

That proposed deal seems bogus to me. Like a plant.

Why? Past trades of players with similar value to Nash haven't netted in something that big. If that was an offer then it wouldn't be a rumor it would be breaking news that Nash would be packing his bags to go off to California.

Nash's cap hit is ludicrous. He has also undoubtedly narrowed his list of teams down.

An attempt to get the offers up from teams like the Rangers.

Grading our players, i'd expect a deal of (or of similar value to other teams) of:

Dubinsky, Sauer, Thomas, 1st/2nd.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Konopka is nothing but a glorified Kris Newbury with 11 goals and 27 points in 244 games.

In fact, that is exactly what he is.

02-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Konopka is nothing but a glorified Kris Newbury with 11 goals and 27 points in 244 games.

In fact, that is exactly what he is.
Frankly, if Newbury had better faceoff skills than Konopka, he'd be in the NHL and Konopka in the minors.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Affinity

Boyle is also better at falling down and flubbing passes in the offensive zone!

Oh nvm you're talking about Konopka not Goose.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:59 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post

Dubinsky, Sauer, Thomas, 1st/2nd.
TOO much..All I would give is Dubi Sauer and Thomas or Dubi thomas and a 1st..thats it,nothing else... or Dubi,Wolski and a 1st or Dubi Wolski and Thomas

Old
02-20-2012, 02:00 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
I just read,reported by Larry Brooks..thats CBJ asing price is ..Dubinsky,1 of MDZ or McDonagh,Kreider and a 1st..What the **** is this guy smoking...Nash topped 70 pts one time..Hes out of his ****ing mind..And Sather stats he is concerned about the asking price,not the salary. Nash with Richards and or Stepan can be wicked..but ill still pass unless it winds up being a steal.
Nash is locked up long term, and happy in Columbus. Nash will be moved eventually, but there's no rush at all. Howson is going to dangle out Nash for huge returns… figuring a team on the very verge of a Cup might feel the pressure to pull the trigger.

Otherwise Nash gets moved at the draft. But I find it difficult to believe, even at that extraordinary price, at least one team doesn't pull the trigger as they watch their playoff run moving along.

Dubi + MDZ + Kreider + 1st is not acceptable from NYR. MDZ ALONE has a ton more value for us then Nash would. He's coming along great, and we really could use a good skating, slick passing, PMD, that plays a physical game at 21/22 freaking years old.

Dubi + McD + Kreider + 1st is hilarious. Nash getting a top 6 LW that flirted with 60 pts, a top pairing dman at 23 years of age, our top prospect and our top pick? This doesn't happen in any universe.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
i still say nash aint worth a big package of talent due to the fact his cap hit is so massive. any g-m giving up more than a pick, a decent player, and, a decent prospect, is crazy. there may be a g-m crazy enough, but i hope it's not sather.
I don't think trading for a $62M contract is as painful when you're sending a $30.5M contract back the other way.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Ola

Kreider can of course stay in College and would then not re-enter the draft.

But if Kreider bolts from College in April, doesn't he re-enter the draft this June?

Old
02-20-2012, 02:01 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Nash is locked up long term, and happy in Columbus. Nash will be moved eventually, but there's no rush at all. Howson is going to dangle out Nash for huge returns… figuring a team on the very verge of a Cup might feel the pressure to pull the trigger.

Otherwise Nash gets moved at the draft. But I find it difficult to believe, even at that extraordinary price, at least one team doesn't pull the trigger as they watch their playoff run moving along.

Dubi + MDZ + Kreider + 1st is not acceptable from NYR. MDZ ALONE has a ton more value for us then Nash would. He's coming along great, and we really could use a good skating, slick passing, PMD, that plays a physical game at 21/22 freaking years old.

Dubi + McD + Kreider + 1st is hilarious. Nash getting a top 6 LW that flirted with 60 pts, a top pairing dman at 23 years of age, our top prospect and our top pick? This doesn't happen in any universe.
I want whatever the GM over there is smoking. It's really powerful stuff.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:03 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

But if Kreider bolts from College in April, doesn't he re-enter the draft this June?
?

Rangers are not trading Kreider.

And when he leaves school he's signing a Pro contract.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:07 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post

LOL,i couldnt agree more man. Yes ofcourse dangle high and hope sopmeone goes for it..But why play games.He will recieve more now than on draft day,cause teams are desperate.Nash is talented and will fetch a nice package.But,he is no Parise.The asking price is insane and Sather would never do it,but if he does,he'll pull of something good.With trades Sather is great.

as for nashes value as compared to MDZ i agree,especially top pairing d-man are not exactly a dime a dozen.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

I'd like to sneak in and get Carter at a decent price..

Old
02-20-2012, 02:15 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Where do you put Carter though? He's a righty shot so I don't see him at LW.

1st line center? Stepan isn't getting bumped.

2nd line center? Richards isn't going anywhere.

Carter is not a 3rd liner.

Gabby's not getting bumped. And he's not switching to the left side

Cally's not getting bumped. And he's not switching to the left side

Old
02-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Snipers play on the off wing. See: Gaborikas a LHS on the right wing.

Carter is much better at LW than RW. In fact, i'm not certain he has ever played RW.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Staal had a concussion compounded by a cervical spine injury, you don't suffer a "severe" concussion and finish the season. As for Staal's progression, he's been cleared for full physical activity and contact for a couple of months now, while not at 100%, I don't think there's going to be some hair raising moment when you say, time to put Staal back on the top line...My point being, when will we as fans say Staal is back at 100%, and will Staal be a top pairing defensemen again? I guess more of a question, rather than a statement...Also a tad off topic, my apologies..
Next season. Period. This season, he's never going to look as good as he did last season.

He missed his hardcore pre-training camp workouts, training camp, and half the season. He's just not going to be as good until he has had time to go through all of the above.

That he has done as well as he has so far is a testament to how good he really is. But we have to wait until next season to see him really shine.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:17 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Snipers play on the off wing. See: Gaborikas a LHS on the right wing.

Carter is much better at LW than RW. In fact, i'm not certain he has ever played RW.
Which is still a problem, because that's significantly worse than he is at center.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

I am 99% sure that a player doesn't re-enter the draft unless he plays out his 4 years of college eligibility, which Kreider will not.

Old
DutchShamrock

Let LA make that trade then we can come in for Carter.

Old
mahonistan*

Quote:
The problem with Carter is that simply put... he is just awful. I could add more scoring to this team than Carter could.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:22 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
The problem with Carter is that simply put... he is just awful. I could add more scoring to this team than Carter could.
Thats a stretch.

Not advocating anything but id venture to say he'd perform better playing in the atlantic division for the rangers back on the wast coast

Old
02-20-2012, 02:23 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Thats a stretch.

Not advocating anything but id venture to say he'd perform better playing in the atlantic division for the rangers back on the wast coast
He'll perform better in the KHL where he belongs.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:24 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Now this I would love to see...

02-20-2012, 02:25 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
yes, you could add more scoring than Carter. He's awful. Maybe they'll just give him to us.

Closed Thread