HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers interested in Nash: Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 02:26 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbresistor View Post
Hey - I like your username
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkbMd3Bygzs

but have you just begun watching hockey this year?
I half like your post, because no one realizes that it's a reference to a song. As far as the second half of your post. Give me one thing I said that was wrong? NJ is marginally better than the dregs of the NHL if not for a gimmick that has nothing to do with the game. Everything I wrote is fact. Once again, it's like the Knicks being halfway closer to the Heat in the standings because they're good at playing horse.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:27 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
yes, you could add more scoring than Carter. He's awful. Maybe they'll just give him to us.
that's the only way I'd take him. And then I'd sent him down to Hartford or Greenville.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:28 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

I honestly hope nothing but minor prospects and picks get traded. I just want another D man, nothing else, unless it's just one roster player going the other way for a good LW.

Last edited by KingWantsCup: 02-20-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old
02-20-2012, 02:29 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
I just read,reported by Larry Brooks..thats CBJ asing price is ..Dubinsky,1 of MDZ or McDonagh,Kreider and a 1st..What the **** is this guy smoking...Nash topped 70 pts one time..Hes out of his ****ing mind..And Sather stats he is concerned about the asking price,not the salary. Nash with Richards and or Stepan can be wicked..but ill still pass unless it winds up being a steal.
Personally I wouldn't trade McDonagh straight up for Nash.

Not interested in moving Kreider--unless we're talking about someone like (a healthy)Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk or Ovechkin type player coming back the other way. Nash just doesn't quite do it. The Blue Jackets don't have a player that I would include Kreider in a deal for.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:30 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
The problem with Carter is that simply put... he is just awful. I could add more scoring to this team than Carter could.
He's having an awful year, but he's only 27 years old and has averaged 36 goals per season over the 4 seasons prior to this one.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:32 PM
eco's bones

Derek Roy might be available--maybe a lower tier player than Carter but wouldn't cost as much in players--draft picks and his cap hit of $4 mil runs through next season. He could maybe even add more offense than Carter would--and the cap hit and personnel cost should be quite a bit less.

Old
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
He's having an awful year, but he's only 27 years old and has averaged 36 goals per season over the 4 seasons prior to this one.
And remember how we released Zherdev after a 35 goal year? Carter's work ethic, toughness, defense, and forechecking are all exponentially worse than Zherdev's was.

Carter will be in the KHL soon. Jeff Carter sucks. Watching him play proves my point.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
"He’s a skilled power forward; obviously, more toward the skilled side of it, but still, he’s a big body that comes with speed, and he finishes checks. He’s got a little bit of everything," Stralman said.

The 25-year-old blue-liner, who likened Nash to Red Wings star forward Pavel Datsyuk, said he thinks Nash could break out offensively given an opportunity to play with a top team.

Taken by the Blue Jackets first overall in the 2002 draft, Nash has spent his entire career inColumbus with little to show for it by way of post-season success. Nash has made only one playoff appearance, during the 2008-09 season when the Blue Jackets were swept in the first round by Detroit.

"He’s one of the best players in the league," Stralman said of Nash, who has posted four straight seasons of 32 goals or more. "He’s been a little bit alone over there [in Columbus] for the past ten years. If he was on any top team in the league, he’d have probably 80 to 100 points each year, whereas now he’s doing 60."
Wow, great read:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/hoc...ith-nashs-play

Obviously the Rangers players are VERY impressed with him.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:34 PM
SPG

Quote:
And remember how we released Zherdev after a 35 goal year? His work ethic, toughness, defense, and forechecking are all exponentially worse than Zherdev's was.

Carter will be in the KHL soon. Jeff Carter sucks. Watching him play proves my point.
LOL... no I don't... because Zherdev scored 23 with the Rangers and never topped 27 in one season. You're a funny guy.

And Zherdev was not released. He was a free agent and was not retained.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

^^^ to be fair, Stralman and Nash were teammates.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:35 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Wow, great read:

and those are the two guys who won't be here if we get Nash.. MDZ and McD.

Old
azrok22

Quote:
Wow, great read:

What do you expect them to say? I wouldn't read much into those comments, it's likely lip service, imo.

Old
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Thats a stretch.

Not advocating anything but id venture to say he'd perform better playing in the atlantic division for the rangers back on the wast coast
Carter looked like a player who doesn't want to be where he is right now, but, hasn't made the decision to play his ass off to get out of there.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:38 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
LOL... no I don't... because Zherdev scored 23 with the Rangers and never topped 27 in one season. You're a funny guy.

And Zherdev was not released. He was a free agent and was not re-signed.
He was an RFA. Sorry I meant to say 35 assists and 23 goals. didn't complete the thought. Go to a sports bar and catch the next two CBJ games. Then go talk to some Flyer fans over on their forum. If you are still convinced that Carter is worth it, then kudos to you for sticking with your guy. However, no GM in hockey that wants to make a push in the playoffs trades assets and prospects for a guy with as crappy an attitude and work ethic as Jeff Carter.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
What does that mean?

Old
02-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
What does that mean?
It means that Stralman was teammates with Nash in Columbus, so he probably wouldn't be saying bad things about him either.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:39 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
So wouldn't he know best he works and what type of help he has?

Also, to everyone saying "what else are they supposed to say!?", it's very simple. They could have said nothing. Or just that he was a good player. That is a pretty in depth- analysis in that article from the Ranger d-men.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:42 PM
SPG

Quote:
He was an RFA. Sorry I meant to say 35 assists and 23 goals. didn't complete the thought. Go to a sports bar and catch the next two CBJ games. Then go talk to some Flyer fans over on their forum. If you are still convinced that Carter is worth it, then kudos to you for sticking with your guy. However, no GM in hockey that wants to make a push in the playoffs trades assets and prospects for a guy with as crappy an attitude and work ethic as Jeff Carter.
"Carter is worth it"

See, that's the thing... it's all relative. What is "it" ? It all depends on what CBJ's asking price is and if Rangers coaches and management see him being a good fit for the lineup.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Jagr6810

If we gotta give up mdz then it aint worth it

Old
02-20-2012, 02:43 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Kreider can of course stay in College and would then not re-enter the draft.

But if Kreider bolts from College in April, doesn't he re-enter the draft this June?
we hold his rights until the june after his class graduates so if he leaves school early we'd still have a year to sign him. and either way he'd be too old to re-enter the draft and would be a ufa if not signed.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:44 PM
azrok22

Quote:

Also, to everyone saying "what else are they supposed to say!?", it's very simple. They could have said nothing. Or just that he was a good player. That is a pretty in depth- analysis in that article from the Ranger d-men.
Sure, they could have, but I don't think they usually would. Especially with the focus of the questions being Nash. This certainly wasn't a case of them going out of their way to compliment Nash, imo, it was a politically correct response when specifically asked about a player.

Old
Franko097

Quote:

They went out of their way to basically call him an elite point-getter that most on here seem to doubt he is (myself included).

His cap hit in combination with his age (big difference between 25 and 27 for many players) and the CBA uncertainty still give me pause. But if Sather holds firm with
Dubi, Thomas and pick or two, I'd be good with it.*

*Not saying CBJ would take it.

I was also real impressed with how Nash carried himself in his media session last night. Loyal to his team, unfazed by the media and seemingly genuine.

Old
Vitto79

Guys Nash is awesome, why question that? He may not fit this yr but if we wherein the sixth seed we may be saying go for it

Old
02-20-2012, 02:45 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
"Carter is worth it"

See, that's the thing... it's all relative. What is "it" ? It all depends on what CBJ's asking price is and if Rangers coaches and management see him being a good fit for the lineup.
It would be nothing more than Wolski to be made "worth it"

Old
02-20-2012, 02:46 PM
NYR Viper

If the general idea around hockey is that Rick Nash should be a perennial 80+ point player, then what CLB is asking for is about on par.

Closed Thread