HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hal Gill & conditional 5th (2013) to Nashville for Geoffrion, Slaney & 2nd (2012)

Old
02-20-2012, 02:30 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

vCash: 500
I'm assuming the bigger deal was something around Kostitsyn for Radulov or a 1st or a top prospect .

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:32 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
What is ridiculous is constant apologizing foi the organization's lack of leadership.

If a manager told me that I had a new assignment in another city that would uproot my family, but he refused to tell me where because he didn't trust me to keep it confidential, I'd know him to be incompetent.

It's increasingly evident to most reasonable people that Gauthier cannot manage people because he cannot trust them.
how would you react if you learned from the media that you've been assigned to nashville before your boss told you?

How would you reacted if you were Geoffrion or any other Nashville player and learned that Gill was traded to Nashville before knowing who is traded back for 45 minutes?

I'm sure that legal documents needed to be confirmed.

That's transparency IMO.

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:35 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
As per habsprospects in the Hamilton thread, Boomer was given another assist in last nights game, so 5 points in 2 games.
Keep in mind that Palushaj is a PPG player in the A.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:50 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Keep in mind that Palushaj is a PPG player in the A.
Keep in mind Palushaj has been given 35 seconds total ice time on the PP in the NHL. Probably less than 10 minutes not on a 4th line also. Whatever, you're one of those people who thinks teams have four scoring lines.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:52 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Keep in mind Palushaj has been given 35 seconds total ice time on the PP in the NHL. Probably less than 10 minutes not on a 4th line also. Whatever, you're one of those people who thinks teams have four scoring lines.
No, but I am someone who doesn't get excited when a player is a PPG in the AHL, so you can understand why I don't care much if ''boomer'' () got 5pts in 2gp with the dogs.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:55 PM
habitue*

Quote:
As per habsprospects in the Hamilton thread, Boomer was given another assist in last nights game, so 5 points in 2 games.
Please. Don't use that nickname.

First: it's disrespectful for Bernard Geoffrion, an HoF...

Second: you're already putting pressure on the kid's shoulders.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:59 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post

That's his nickname. All of his team mates have called him that for the longest time.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:

I think you're taking this a little too seriously. I doubt he reads HFBoards.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
That's his nickname. All of his team mates have called him that for the longest time.
"As a tribute to his grandfather, Geoffrion, who is called "Boomer" by his teammates, wears the No. 5 for the Predators."

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/col.../17456461.html

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:

Its not like we are calling him Boom Boom.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:08 PM
le_sean

Quote:

I'm going to start calling him "The Better Boom Boom" just to piss you off.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Hell, I hope they un-retire #5 someday to let the only person who could every be "worthy" of it wear it. He has been wearing it as a tribute this long, so it's not like it comes with any added pressure at this point. And it's not like anyone would expect him to necessarily be the player his forefathers were... or they shouldn't, anyway.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:19 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
B Cubed.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 300
So #5 is retired for Geoffrion, so it cant be worn by anyone else. Would that mean a Geoffrion could still wear it?

Kobe Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2772 View Post
So #5 is retired for Geoffrion, so it cant be worn by anyone else. Would that mean a Geoffrion could still wear it?
Management should make an exception and allow him to wear his grandfather's number, you know, just to put a maximum amount of pressure on him

Seriously, what about 55?

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:38 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
And in those two games, Ian Schultz had 5 points.

Schultz was 1st star on Sunday. Led the team in shots. Boomer is inspiring Schultz.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2772 View Post
That's kinda where I was coming from. Wouldn't have to change the name, and it's an actual blood decendent (is that redundant??). And again, if he was worried about the "pressure" of being a #5 Geoffrion, he wouldn't have chosen to honour his grandfather by starting out his pro career wearing it.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:39 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Schultz was 1st star on Sunday. Led the team in shots. Boomer is inspiring Schultz.
Schultz has been doing great production wise recently, regardless of Boomer. That's a major reason why I want him to stay down there, the more a guy like schultz develops, the more he can help us next year.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:42 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
"As a tribute to his grandfather, Geoffrion, who is called "Boomer" by his teammates, wears the No. 5 for the Predators."

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/col.../17456461.html
I refuse to acknowledge him as "Boomer". For me, the only real Boomer is the sexy Cylon #8 played by Grace Park on Battlestar Galactica.

I know which one I wanna see score

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

I'm gonna be scared - in a good way - if Blake turns out to be the one player in the world that can somehow turn Schultz into a player worth looking at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I refuse to acknowledge him as "Boomer". For me, the only real Boomer is the sexy Cylon #8 played by Grace Park on Battlestar Galactica.

I know which one I wanna see score
Hahaha, nice. Well, I think the point is that refusal to use it is a personal thing. Telling someone not to use it because it's "disrespectful" (in their opinion, mind you) without even looking into the roots of it, is just plain ridiculous.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
how would you react if you learned from the media that you've been assigned to nashville before your boss told you?

How would you reacted if you were Geoffrion or any other Nashville player and learned that Gill was traded to Nashville before knowing who is traded back for 45 minutes?

I'm sure that legal documents needed to be confirmed.

That's transparency IMO.
Transparency is being truthful and sharing vital information with the people who need to know.

“Pierre told me to be ready for it, and it wasn’t for 45 minutes or so that I knew it was Nashville,” Gill said. “I said: ‘Why don’t you just wait and tell me all at once instead of keeping me on pins and needles?’ ”

Approved or not, after this conversation Gauthier had to reveal the team he was dealing with, lest be shown to be a larger a-hole than he already proven to be. You can't pretend the conversation didn't occur once it has.

A simple conversation about maintaining confidentiaity should have occurred and Gill apprised of his destination. He didn't need to know the identities of the Nashville players involved, he did deserve to know he was going to Nashville.

But these are management basics, something knucklehead hasn't yet mastered. He doesn't trust Gill to keep his mouth shut for 45 minutes. That's deplorable.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:33 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Transparency is being truthful and sharing vital information with the people who need to know.

“Pierre told me to be ready for it, and it wasn’t for 45 minutes or so that I knew it was Nashville,” Gill said. “I said: ‘Why don’t you just wait and tell me all at once instead of keeping me on pins and needles?’ ”

Approved or not, after this conversation Gauthier had to reveal the team he was dealing with, lest be shown to be a larger a-hole than he already proven to be. You can't pretend the conversation didn't occur once it has.

A simple conversation about maintaining confidentiaity should have occurred and Gill apprised of his destination. He didn't need to know the identities of the Nashville players involved, he did deserve to know he was going to Nashville.

But these are management basics, something knucklehead hasn't yet mastered. He doesn't trust Gill to keep his mouth shut for 45 minutes. That's deplorable.
how do you know that's the reason ?

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Habs

Quote:
Gauthier reminds me of a egomaniac, with little man syndrome. He is as unprofessional as it gets, and it probably limits the potential trade partners in this league by 75%.

For all of Bob Gainey's faults , having lots of trade partners and lines of communication open, wasn't one of them.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:35 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:

Spacek said that PG didn't want to tell him where he was traded to until it was official because of respect to the other GM, ex so Rutherford would let Kaberle first instead of possible it been leaked out. time and time again players and their agents have found out they got traded thru the media before their GM, PG is simply given them a heads up before the deal is official and he is probably only doing that because with trades media are so connected we find out the deals before they are even complete.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
how do you know that's the reason ?
What is a reasonable alternative explanation. He told him he was traded but not to which team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Gauthier reminds me of a egomaniac, with little man syndrome. He is as unprofessional as it gets, and it probably limits the potential trade partners in this league by 75%.

For all of Bob Gainey's faults , having lots of trade partners and lines of communication open, wasn't one of them.
Agreed 100 percent. Gainey was above board and transparent in his dealings. His problems began and ended with his assessment of pro players, which he relied heavily on the egomaniac for. Ironic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Spacek said that PG didn't want to tell him where he was traded to until it was official because of respect to the other GM, ex so Rutherford would let Kaberle first instead of possible it been leaked out. time and time again players and their agents have found out they got traded thru the media before their GM, PG is simply given them a heads up before the deal is official and he is probably only doing that because with trades media are so connected we find out the deals before they are even complete.
I half agree with you.

Telling Gill he was traded - good.
Not initially telling Gill his destination - bad.

Keep in mind also that in that hour of darkness someone could have easily informed Gill of his new destination, and that's even worse.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote