HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Trade Deadline Talk (February 27th, 3PM ET)

Old
02-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Clark also has value to us as he's a guy who can play with Hedman.

Brewer has been Hedman's partner mostly this season, but if we're going to be changing the defense, and Hedman is the future piece that's not going anywhere, guys who can play with that guy are valuable.

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:16 AM
chasespace

I would like Clark to be moved but wouldn't be upset if he isn't.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:00 AM
I Am Beat You

https://twitter.com/#!/erlendssontri...23176781049858

Quote:
Steve Downie not practicing today, guessing it's a maintenance day but we'll see #tblightning

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:27 AM
BoltSTH

If you think SFY is going to busy before the next season, Colorado has $68,577,044 cap space at the deadline, only 7 players (including 2 goalies) signed for next year

BoltSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:42 AM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
If you think SFY is going to busy before the next season, Colorado has $68,577,044 cap space at the deadline, only 7 players (including 2 goalies) signed for next year
Almost 69 mil in cap space? Look out for the Avs!

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:15 AM
BoltSTH

That was at the TD. 'Only' 43.75 cap space for next year for thew AVs. We have $17m cap space at present or 12/13 season according to capgeek, with 14 players signed. If Ohlund retires it is another 3.6 as pre 35 contract

BoltSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:34 AM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Quote:
Erik Erlendsson @erlendssontrib
Not in any way at all, just a day off from practice RT @TAMPABOLT07 are you alluding to something with #9 may be in the works?
https://twitter.com/#!/erlendssontrib

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:31 PM
DangleDoppler

If Jack Johnson and Bernier are available from the Kings...Why not package some of those 2nd rounders, a veteran F, and a prospect for those guys?

It accomplishes getting a decent D and a capable G...I know that it's already been said that goaltending would have to wait until the offseason, but why? I mean if the chance is there to get a Goalie now and one that can start...Why not pull the trigger? Especially being this close to the brink...

Johnson has a cap hit of 4.3 million for the next 6 years...I didn't realize that, and I guess that'd be a good reason for not doing any kind of package deal for the two of them...nevermind

Last edited by DangleDoppler: 02-20-2012 at 12:44 PM.
DangleDoppler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

I dont think they are done yet. Especially if they go on a roll here. Yet I have always said since the cup year that they were a solid defense and goalie away. Same this year and moving to next year.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleDoppler View Post
If Jack Johnson and Bernier are available from the Kings...Why not package some of those 2nd rounders, a veteran F, and a prospect for those guys?

It accomplishes getting a decent D and a capable G...I know that it's already been said that goaltending would have to wait until the offseason, but why? I mean if the chance is there to get a Goalie now and one that can start...Why not pull the trigger? Especially being this close to the brink...

Johnson has a cap hit of 4.3 million for the next 6 years...I didn't realize that, and I guess that'd be a good reason for not doing any kind of package deal for the two of them...nevermind
Johnson would be an amazing addition.

Kings asking price would probably be Connolly+.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:29 PM
ziploc

Sorry if this has already been covered, but what do Bolts fans think would be the price for Teddy Purcell? I'm interested from a Canucks perspective. He obviously had a great playoff run, and I think would fit the Nucks really well.

ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
Sorry if this has already been covered, but what do Bolts fans think would be the price for Teddy Purcell? I'm interested from a Canucks perspective. He obviously had a great playoff run, and I think would fit the Nucks really well.
Schneider, we don't want any other thing from the canucks

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:18 PM
ziploc

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Schneider, we don't want any other thing from the canucks
That's what I figured. But what do you think TB might be prepared to add for Schneider, if Purcell was the main piece coming back? It wouldn't be a straight swap.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:37 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
That's what I figured. But what do you think TB might be prepared to add for Schneider, if Purcell was the main piece coming back? It wouldn't be a straight swap.
Yes it would. That equal value. Don't like it? Too bad.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:02 PM
ziploc

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Yes it would. That equal value. Don't like it? Too bad.
You honestly think that? As I said, I really like Purcell, but there's no way I think he alone is worth Schneider. I think at the least a high draft (maybe 2nd round) pick is required. But maybe he is worth more to the Bolts than he is in a trade. I know we have some players like that. Still, it seems that TBay's biggest need is a stud goalie.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Mainly because Purcell is playing great as of late. His value for us has increased.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:19 PM
ziploc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
Mainly because Purcell is playing great as of late. His value for us has increased.
Sure, and he had a fantastic playoff run last year. That's why I think the Canucks would even entertain the discussion around Schneider. But Schneider is a blue-chip goalie prospect, and those don't grow on trees. He could solidify TBay in net for years. I truly think Tbay would have to add, but I think that Purcell could possibly be the main piece coming back.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:37 PM
HangingWithMrCooper

I'd do Purcell and a 2nd for Schneider. After past debacles, I'm fearful of trading for another up and coming goaltender but at this point we have little choice than to roll the dice again.

HangingWithMrCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:39 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Sure, and he had a fantastic playoff run last year. That's why I think the Canucks would even entertain the discussion around Schneider. But Schneider is a blue-chip goalie prospect, and those don't grow on trees. He could solidify TBay in net for years. I truly think Tbay would have to add, but I think that Purcell could possibly be the main piece coming back.
The only thing schneider has proven is that he is a good backup goalie on a good team.

That's it.

A backup goalie with potential should be lucky to net a top 6 winger.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:58 PM
ziploc

Quote:
The only thing schneider has proven is that he is a good backup goalie on a good team.

That's it.

All depends on who the back-up goalie is and who the top 6 winger is. I think you are slightly overrating Purcell, though I like him a lot, and seriously underrating Schneider. He would start, and I believe excel, for most teams. He just got stuck behind an elite starter, like Rask in Boston. Just watching him play has shown most people that he is not simply a back up with potential. I know there is some risk involved, but he is a former first rounder who has lived up to or exceeded his expectations at every level, done everything asked of him, with a great attitude to boot. I've watched him play a ton, and he is the real deal. His addition could solidify the Bolts enough to make the playoffs this year, and he would be there for years.

He is certainly worth more than Purcell alone, but I get it that some players bring more value to their team than they would in a trade.

Old
02-20-2012, 05:08 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:

That's it.

I'm in favor of keeping Purcell, but if you can get Schneider for him and a 2nd, you cut the deal.

After all, Teddy has shown that while he has the skill to be a top six guy, he doesn't always show the effort and work ethic. Until he's a bit more consistent, he's a "potential" top sixer.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:22 PM
newham89

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
I'm in favor of keeping Purcell, but if you can get Schneider for him and a 2nd, you cut the deal.

After all, Teddy has shown that while he has the skill to be a top six guy, he doesn't always show the effort and work ethic. Until he's a bit more consistent, he's a "potential" top sixer.
Consistency has nothing to do with it. Top sixers are there to put up the points. Purcell is tied for 95th in league scoring. By that rationale he is a high quality second liner. He has equal or more points than Bobby Ryan, Danny Briere, Ryan Clowe, Shane Doan and Alex Tanguay. All of which could easily be accepted as first liners.

Even defensively he is at least passable. Recently he has been a takeaway machine. Schneider for Purcell would be a fair trade.

newham89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:53 PM
ziploc

Quote:
Originally Posted by newham89 View Post
Consistency has nothing to do with it. Top sixers are there to put up the points. Purcell is tied for 95th in league scoring. By that rationale he is a high quality second liner. He has equal or more points than Bobby Ryan, Danny Briere, Ryan Clowe, Shane Doan and Alex Tanguay. All of which could easily be accepted as first liners.

Even defensively he is at least passable. Recently he has been a takeaway machine. Schneider for Purcell would be a fair trade.
No. Lots of players ahead of Purcell on that list that the Canucks wouldn't trade Schneider straight up for. PA Parenteau, for instance, who is 22nd in points scored. Or Fleischmann at 54th. I'm not sure Schneider gets traded at the deadline, but if he does, the return, I believe, would be a lot bigger you are saying. Again, Purcell is a very good player, but he does not have the potential to be a cornerstone player. Schneider does, and that is recognised around the league.

Old
02-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

I'll say it again, I think Canucks fans are going to be severely disappointed in the return for Schneider. There'll be other options potentially available on July 1st such as Harding, Nabokov, Gustavsson, or Bishop could be had without giving up assets. And in the trade market, Bernier is behind Quick, who is currently a top 5 goalie so his value will be less than what Gillis will look for in Schneider which could attract a few teams.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:25 PM
newham89

Quote:
No. Lots of players ahead of Purcell on that list that the Canucks wouldn't trade Schneider straight up for. PA Parenteau, for instance, who is 22nd in points scored. Or Fleischmann at 54th. I'm not sure Schneider gets traded at the deadline, but if he does, the return, I believe, would be a lot bigger you are saying. Again, Purcell is a very good player, but he does not have the potential to be a cornerstone player. Schneider does, and that is recognised around the league.
Whilst I was arguing against the fact that someone said that Purcell was not a top six player. What makes you so sure Schneider has more potential than Purcell? There is six months age between them and only one of them has established themselves properly in the league as of yet. Yes, Schneider will be incredible. But the way you word it makes it seem like Purcell has hit his peak where as Schneider can continue to grow exponentially better.

Wow, Purcell is on pace to break his points total from last season despite the fact he has 15 less PP points. Pretty impressive.

newham89 is offline   Reply With Quote