HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 03:09 PM
kinghock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Pretty devastating. Baby steps are needed. Not full blown nuclear explosion. Doubt the Flyers make the second deal either. Either way, I wouldn't be so quick as to try and replace Kopitar with Carter and then get JVR and Read to become the ultimate Philadelphia tribute band.
With all do respect I have politely disagree. Baby steps are not going to work in Kings situation.
Philadelphia offence with current roster defense and goaltending can be great mix for success.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:10 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
This isn't a Mike Richards problem or version. The entire team is not producing offensively. When your entire team is under from where they should be in scoring, you have to look at the system. Even if he did a "big thing" once in awhile, it does not take away from the fact that this team cannot score because of the style of hockey they play. It is evident because when some players get traded away, they end up flourishing elsewhere.

2 years ago, it was five on five scoring and our power play,
last year it was five on five scoring and our power play.
This year it is five on five scoring and our power play.

Do you see a pattern?
Did you expect Richards to come in and solve everyone's problems?
I agree. See post #63

Old
02-20-2012, 03:11 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Are we positive that not being in the playoffs will equate to Dean losing his job? I'm not terribly convinced.
Me either. I haven't heard anything to suggest it. I think it's something the fans would do, but that doesn't mean AEG will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
The only forwards I see getting moved on this team are Penner, Stoll, and Brad Richardson.
I agree. I think we could keep Stoll, just for his faceoffs and defensive play if we make the playoffs, but I think Richardson and Penner would be addition by subtraction, regardless of what we get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Like I said I give Sutter credit for telling it like it is.

Kopitar and Brown were handled with kids gloves by Murray.

Who knows maybe Kopitar needs to be told once in a while "Kopitar you are pissing me off bud, Get your %^$% together".

Maybe Kopi just needs to be motivated that way.
Sutter handled Iggy the same way and Iggy credits the hard love with making him a better all around player. Hopefully the same works with Kopitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Yea...let's jerk around Kopitar some more. He is only playing like management wanted him to.
If he was, would Sutter (who is part of that management) be calling him out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Where's the Richards criticism?
If Sutter thinks it's deserved, it will come. He's never held back on anyone before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
"The honeymoon is over" ???

He is on game 51 of his career here. And on a team that ****ing sucks. Do we want to be like Columbus and shop the guy we just got out already?

Gotta be patient. His scoring will come.
Yeah, exactly. 51 games, and for the first half of that total he was our best player not named Quick. He got a concussion and hasn't looked the same since. Add in Penner, Stoll, Kings and Nolan (love the last two, but they aren't legit 2nd line wingers yyet) and you have people calling him out.

Richards hasn't been the biggest problem on this team by far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
He did trade Quincey for Smyth. He didn't want to trade Smyth last summer, and for all of Smyth's faults, his number would be a welcome addition to the team. He also traded Teubert for Penner. Penner also had his question marks, but this season has been ridiculous, and he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt with the system vs player question.

Lombardi didn't want to trade Smyth, then has to sign Gagne to replace him, since he was about all that was out there that the Kings could get. Gagne gets hurt, Penner has been terrible, and there's your 4 forward problem.

If the Kings try for Nash or Carter, it's likely another defenseman will be dealt.
I think the Smyth trade request really screwed him. He was set on letting Zues go, as were many of us btw, but we still had Smyth and Penner and Simmonds for size n the forward ranks.

Then the Richards thing came out of nowhere, and it understandable DL would do a Simmonds/Richards move. Most of us here agreed with that deal as well at the time.

That still left us with Smyth and Penner to give us some net presence.

Smyth bailing and Penner looking like a complete gong show came out of left field and really hurt this team. DL also failed to eplace that size by looking at Hunter and Moreau, but then again we don't know hat was available that also would have come to LA.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:13 PM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
dennis bernstein @dennistfp

jonathan bernier destiny in la likely comes down to status of ty conklin waivers outcome.
haha!

Old
02-20-2012, 03:15 PM
tantrum4*

Wow I can't believe some of the comments I'm reading here about trading Kopitar and pretty much everyone else. Some of you people are worse bandwagon fans than Canuck fans are. You sound exactly like they do when Luongo has a bad week.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:19 PM
KingNick07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Wow I can't believe some of the comments I'm reading here about trading Kopitar and pretty much everyone else. Some of you people are worse bandwagon fans than Canuck fans are. You sound exactly like they do when Luongo has a bad week.
Lol how would that make them "bandwagon fans"?

Old
02-20-2012, 03:19 PM
kinghock

Quote:
In the order to get value one need to give value.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Yes, the Los Angeles Kings are a hotbed destination for bandwagon fans.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:22 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Yes, the Los Angeles Kings are a hotbed destination for bandwagon fans.
Didn't you know ? The Kings have such a rich history of winning in the NHL. So many Bandwagon fans, Kings fan base makes The original Six Fanbases look tiny.

Sarcasm off/

I am shocked the LA Kings have any fan's. I must love to punish myself.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
With all do respect I have politely disagree. Baby steps are not going to work in Kings situation.
Philadelphia offence with current roster defense and goaltending can be great mix for success.
I have serious doubts those players come in here and light the lamp at a drastic improved rate. Philadelphia offense is not possible on this team, with this system, no matter how you slice up the roster. The changes needed aren't knee-jerk personnel moves, but staff, management and system changes. The roster is fine on paper, blowing them up and forced to play the same system will only destroy whatever chemistry remains and yield the same results. I am all for getting a solid winger, but not for going into rebuild mode.

Kopitar and Brown aren't going anywhere, we aren't in all or nothing on this season, we have a young core signed long term, we can't get drastic and destroy that now. Small steps, a deal like Nash is big, but if that is the only deal made then we just reallocated a defense into offence and we are still predominantly the same looking team next year except we would no longer desperately need a top scoring winger. Neither of those deals would be acceptable anyways for the other team.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
02-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
haha!
Yeah I don't see how LA's decision to move Bernier has anything to do with Conklin. Conklin is trash, he's completely terrible.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:39 PM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Darren Dreger @DarrenDregerLots of time for things to change, but sources say the Flyers are out on Nash at the current asking price. Still think NYR is frontrunner.
Here ya go!

Old
02-20-2012, 03:45 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick07 View Post
Lol how would that make them "bandwagon fans"?
It's no bandwagon, it's a Family Truckster.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:48 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Yeah I don't see how LA's decision to move Bernier has anything to do with Conklin. Conklin is trash, he's completely terrible.
It's ambiguously worded, but I think he might be saying that if DL claims Conklin, we'll know Bernier's on the way out. At least, that's the only thing that would make any sense.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:48 PM
SFKingshomer

NYR won't destroy chemistry to acquire Nash. LA doesn't have any so they're the most likely although I hate the idea.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
I gotta admit, Cbus making room for another goaltender does make me go hmmmm...

Old
02-20-2012, 03:55 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
I gotta admit, Cbus making room for another goaltender does make me go hmmmm...
Who did Cbus get rid of? Conklin was in DET...

Old
02-20-2012, 03:56 PM
SuperAlmeida

David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod
As per @DarrenDreger, Flyers are presently out of Nash sweepstakes, with Rangers likely frontrunner. We're hearing Kings still def in mix

Old
02-20-2012, 04:02 PM
DeeMeck

@kingsfan

Kopi is never going to be a 100-point producer.. According to our system, Kopi is not allowed in front of or behind the net. He is stapled to the halfwall because it is a good defensive position.

My point is, you can't call a guy our for lack of offensive production when you are not placing him in a position in the offensive zone to succeed.

He has had 2 bad games like everyone else and is an easy target. The team can't pass or receive passes at this point and everytime there is a golden opportunity it is on the stick of King or Lewis.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:02 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod
As per @DarrenDreger, Flyers are presently out of Nash sweepstakes, with Rangers likely frontrunner. We're hearing Kings still def in mix
Nash-Richards-Gaborik is a pretty sick top line. With Lundqvist in net I think the Rangers would have a great shot at the Cup.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:04 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
@kingsfan

Kopi is never going to be a 100-point producer.. According to our system, Kopi is not allowed in front of or behind the net. He is stapled to the halfwall because it is a good defensive position.

My point is, you can't call a guy our for lack of offensive production when you are not placing him in a position in the offensive zone to succeed.

He has had 2 bad games like everyone else and is an easy target. The team can't pass or receive passes at this point and everytime there is a golden opportunity it is on the stick of King or Lewis.
Sutter pretty much said today that this is not the case, especially when he is carrying the puck.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Well.....

I mean, bernier hardly plays as is. Quick is going to be our number 1 the rest of the year, likely not missing more then 1-2 games given how important these games are. And if we make the playoffs you won't see him either.

And why bring up Jones or Zatkoff for them to sit on the bench and not play when they have a good rotation going on in Manch on a good team?

Conklin is likely a place holder that will MAYBE play 2-3 games here down the stretch while Bernier gets traded.

Makes sense to me.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:06 PM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
lisa dillman @reallisa
Very interesting message delivered in El Segundo, on many levels. Less than a week from trade deadline.
Hmm!

Old
02-20-2012, 04:06 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Nash-Richards-Gaborik is a pretty sick top line. With Lundqvist in net I think the Rangers would have a great shot at the Cup.
Yes. But this isn't fantasy hockey...

The Rags have a ton of team chemistry that I don't see them messing with; they would really have to blow up what they have working on over there to acquire Nash.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Richards and Gaborik have not meshed at all this year. Richards is a having a very poor statistical year, in general.

Closed Thread