HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poor Latendresse

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2006, 11:47 AM
fufonzo

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
you have a point

but the way I see things is that he'd just play like 4 games out of 5 and maybe like 5 minutes game. For me the odds of getting injured in that situation are really slim.

You develop him for 2 years, then send him to Hamilton in 2 years so he can get his game shape back and it might not even take him a year before he's ready to come back in the NHL.

I agree that he has to work harder, but it's always the case with power forwards and I've come to a point that it really doesn't bother me whether or not the guy is considered somewhat lazy. Bertuzzi showed that a "lazy" player can really become a leader and a great player.

I think by entering the NHL at 18 and by knowing he wouldn't play 20 minutes a game I think it's a step in the right direction as far as proving that he can be a leader in the sense that he basically forgives his rookie year and therefore won't win the rookie of the year award and a bunch of bonuses. That way he accepts a certain role in the organization and doesn't really take away ice time from Kovalev, Koivu, Ribeiro, Bégin and so on.
He might not take away icetime from the top players on the team, but he would be taking icetime from other young players that IMO are more ready for the NHL.

If the Habs could have sent him to the AHL, I'm pretty sure they would have done it. The thing is, unfortunately, they can't do that so he has to go back to the Q.

I just thinki he could have learned a lot about leadership and coul have matured a lot this year with the Volt's. Unfortunately, it's not looking as though he's improved muched and it's almost as though he's thrown a year of development away.

Anyhow, I gotta go for a while. Thanks for the discussions

Old
01-21-2006, 12:03 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
Guillaume Latendresse has WEAK CONFIDENCE... he is still broken from the world juniors im sure of it, he needs Gainey or Timmins or Savard to motivate him some how... he has every tool in the box.

ENOUGH OF THIS BASHING HES FREAKING 18 YEARS OLD! POWER FORWARDS TAKE A WHILE TO DEVELOPE!

ENOUGH OF THIS BASHING HES FREAKING 18 YEARS OLD! POWER FORWARDS TAKE A WHILE TO DEVELOPE!

Old
01-21-2006, 02:24 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea

Quite brutal tonight against the Cats...

He was so lazzy, not even funny how this guy looks unspired.. His stick always in the air floating around not wanting the puck in the defensive or the neutral zone, not skating at all... ALOT of work to do with this kid, you can already write him off for the next season with the Habs, just too much flaws to work on... I still think he is a good pick, a PF with alot of potential.. but hey, someone has to put a fire under his ***.

Bourret sure doesnt look like a solid NHL prospect as well at the moment.. A mid first rounder lolll, poor Trashers..

On another side, Brassard stood out once again, solid prospect for the next draft.

Finally, Volt's head coatch and GM should be fired right off the bat, what a freaking loser!

The real problem with Latendresse is all the hype surrounding him during the training camp !... The kid thought that he belonged to the NHL because he had some success during a couple of meaningless pre season games at the Bell Centre. The media and the fans at the Bell Centre had led him to believe that. Shame on them ! The management should have shipped him down to Drummondville right after the rookie camp even if he was the best player at that level. And when he was sent down, it seems that nobody in the organization took care of putting him back in track to deal with the demotion. I think Gainey or some scouts should really give him a pep talk. A trade to another junior team - one with some chance at the memorial Cup - would had help also. His play during the World Junior tournament was very disapointing. I just hope that the habs - and their so called knowledgable fans - did not ruin his carreer.

Old
01-21-2006, 04:53 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
So was Kostitsyn
YEAH !! Everybody is a bust

Old
01-21-2006, 05:52 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:

Quite brutal tonight against the Cats...

He was so lazzy, not even funny how this guy looks unspired.. His stick always in the air floating around not wanting the puck in the defensive or the neutral zone, not skating at all... ALOT of work to do with this kid, you can already write him off for the next season with the Habs, just too much flaws to work on... I still think he is a good pick, a PF with alot of potential.. but hey, someone has to put a fire under his ***.

Bourret sure doesnt look like a solid NHL prospect as well at the moment.. A mid first rounder lolll, poor Trashers..

On another side, Brassard stood out once again, solid prospect for the next draft.

Finally, Volt's head coatch and GM should be fired right off the bat, what a freaking loser!
Is Lats staying after practice and working hard on his skating. If he doesnt improve it like Claude Lemiex did (similar size) he wont make it.

Old
01-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Namso

I'm dissapointed with Latendresse because I think he let the hype get to his head. He should be working harder than he is.

On the other hand, he is still young and I still think he can pick it up. I'm not labelling him anything yet.

Old
01-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Numb Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souray44
I'm really surprised your saying a player under the age of 23 isn't playing well

I'm going to see him Feb 3rd here in PEI vs the Rocket so he better bring his A game because he's the only reason i'm going.
Hey sean, can I go to the game with you? buy me a ticket and I'll pay ya back.

Closed Thread