HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

What Line Combos Would You Like To See? [New Combos from 2/20 Practice in Post #43]

Old
02-20-2012, 12:49 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Subtract Williams, Stoll, Lewis..
Jesus that's a win in my book.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:53 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/02/20...e-new-lines-4/

Interesting little switch up. Thoughts?
Like shuffling deck chairs on the titanic

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:00 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
No, it's not a myth. Penner's style was completely different. I don't know how was that possible, because his conditioning was terrible, it was definitely worse than now. But he was playing faster, using body, was circling the puck well,...
Penner was awful from day 1. Kings fans were blinded by that fact because he got some lucky points playing with Kopitar/Williams. It was funny watching people fawn all over him initially.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:01 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Subtract Williams, Stoll, Lewis..
Why?

Old
02-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Why?
If we still had Cammy we wouldn't have Lewis or O'Sullivan, and without O'Sullivan there's no Williams. Plus if we're taking back all DL's trades, we got Stoll and Greene for Lubo. Wouldn't mind if that one was reversed but it doesn't do anything to improve our forwards.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
If we still had Cammy we wouldn't have Lewis or O'Sullivan, and without O'Sullivan there's no Williams. Plus if we're taking back all DL's trades, we got Stoll and Greene for Lubo. Wouldn't mind if that one was reversed but it doesn't do anything to improve our forwards.
false.

Demitra got the Kings O'Sullivan+Lewis

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:24 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Shoot not having Lewis, Well for arguments sake. Lets say Dean Couldn't pick him.

So he would have stumbled upon the 7 or so Forwards after Lewis that are more productive ?

Yes please.

Giroux, Stewart, Mrchand, Lucic, Bergland,Foligno Kulemin Clutterbuck. Jesus man the 2006 draft makes me so angry.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
false.

Demitra got the Kings O'Sullivan+Lewis

Zis be true. Mixed those up. My b.

Hindsight really doesn't apply to that trade anymore

Old
02-20-2012, 02:21 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Oh check this out Chris Stewart was drafted right after Trevor Lewis. We even could have Nick Foligno.

To take it further, we can have picked Lucic or Kulemin of Toronto. But Trevor Lewis

But hey, so did 29 other team right? It's all hindsight!

But if we just had better talent scouts that year.... wheew!!!!!!! Again, it's all hindsight

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:40 PM
CandianKingsFan14

This is what I would like to see for now

Brown-Kopitar-King
Nolan-Richards-Williams
Penner-Stoll-Richardson
Clifford-Loktionov-Lewis

After the Deadline if Gagne is healthy
Brown-Kopitar-Nash
Gagne-Richards-Williams
Richarson-Loktionov-Lewis- energy line
Clifford-Gaustad-King

CandianKingsFan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Now,

King-Kopitar-Williams
Nolan-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Loktionov-Lewis
Penner-Fraser-Westgarth

If the rumored trade goes through, eventually this:

Gagne-Kopitar-Nash
Brown-Richards-Williams
Penner-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Westgarth

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
Oh check this out Chris Stewart was drafted right after Trevor Lewis. We even could have Nick Foligno.

To take it further, we can have picked Lucic or Kulemin of Toronto. But Trevor Lewis

But hey, so did 29 other team right? It's all hindsight!

But if we just had better talent scouts that year.... wheew!!!!!!! Again, it's all hindsight
The thing is, we wouldn't have even had that pick had DL not traded Demitra for it + O'Sullivan. He then flipped Sully for Williams. So all in all he turned a guy who, tragic accident notwithstanding, was all-but-retired from the NHL entering this season for two players on the current roster. DL has made mistakes as GM, but I don't see how you can spin that deal as bad management. We could have Chris Stewart, but we could also have watched Demitra walk to Vancouver as a FA with nothing to show for it.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:06 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Hopefully:

Nash-Carter-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Simmer
King-Lewis-Nolan
Clifford-Fraser-Richardson

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:08 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
The thing is, we wouldn't have even had that pick had DL not traded Demitra for it + O'Sullivan. He then flipped Sully for Williams. So all in all he turned a guy who, tragic accident notwithstanding, was all-but-retired from the NHL entering this season for two players on the current roster. DL has made mistakes as GM, but I don't see how you can spin that deal as bad management. We could have Chris Stewart, but we could also have watched Demitra walk to Vancouver as a FA with nothing to show for it.
There was nothing wrong the Demitra trade. It didn't work out as well as we had all hoped, but it was still the right move at the time IMO.

Every GM makes mistakes, and that's why I've been tolerant of DL for so long. That said, the Cammalleri, Penner, Visnovksy and Richards trades were all blunders IMO.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I'm not a fan of Sutter but nice to see somebody finally criticize and stop coddling these two guys:

Quote:
SUTTER: “Different? Yeah, Kopitar and Brown to get going. Neither one has done much for six weeks. These guys talk too much about the team. They should talk more about more about themselves, what they bring to the table. … Kopi and Brownie have been stale, from my standpoint, for a little while together. In terms of producing opportunities, if it’s working backwards, in terms of who you perceive as your fourth line, to your first, then it’s not really a team thing.’
Quote:
“Brownie is a straight-line, up-and-down, go-to-the net, shoot-the-puck, run-over-people player. Just break it down. If he’s doing those four or five things, he’s effective. If he’s not doing all those things, he’s not effective.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:50 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I'm not a fan of Sutter but nice to see somebody finally criticize and stop coddling these two guys:
That's what I like to read. At least the coach is seeing the same things we are seeing and saying something about it. I love the hot seat.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
There was nothing wrong the Demitra trade. It didn't work out as well as we had all hoped, but it was still the right move at the time IMO.

Every GM makes mistakes, and that's why I've been tolerant of DL for so long. That said, the Cammalleri, Penner, Visnovksy and Richards trades were all blunders IMO.
I think we would've lost Cammalleri either way. You saw that even the Flames were unwilling to pony up after trading good assets to get him. It's also way way way way way too soon to tell re: Richards. He's having a bad stretch but he was settling in well before the concussion.

I think DL's biggest mistake was letting Zeus walk. He brought a lot to this team's bottom six which we've yet to replace.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:55 PM
johnjm22

I wonder what Torterella would be saying if he was our coach right now?

Did anyone see on 24/7 when he was blasting Gaborik on the bench right in front of everyone? Classic.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
That's what I like to read. At least the coach is seeing the same things we are seeing and saying something about it. I love the hot seat.
Huge difference from TM press. Sutter mentioned that they were talking too much about "the team," and I think that's a team-building "we lose and win together" mindset that TM put in place which is far outdated now that expectations are so much higher.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I agree with his statements there. And with your statement. Hopefully Kopitar and Brown get the message. The only thing left for Sutter now is, to tell the truth about Richards. Unfortunately if there is one Kings player that Sutter will not realistically talk about, it's Mike Richards.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Nash - Kopitar - Toffoly
Brown - Schenn - Wiliams
Penner- Loktionov - Simmonds
Clifford - Lewis - Nolan

Thx, Mr. Lombardi

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Penner was awful from day 1. Kings fans were blinded by that fact because he got some lucky points playing with Kopitar/Williams. It was funny watching people fawn all over him initially.
We will just have to agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with that I guess, I am not here to persuade other people to see things the same way I see them.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Exactly. I love people playing hindsight on drafts.

Doesn't everyone wish they would have taken Datsyuk before the 7th round?

Lewis was ranked high by all scouting staffs and outlets. He was projected to be a dynamite 3rd liner in the NHL. He is still growing into that role.

Also, if anyone wants to play hindsight on that draft, don't use Chris Stewart. The guy is a problem. He got traded away from Colorado for being lazy, he is on the 4th line in St. Louis for being lazy.

Lewis works his ass off at the least.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:19 PM
bobafettish*

brown-lotki-williams
kopitar-richards-nolan
king-lewis-richardson
clifford-stoll-fraser

Last edited by bobafettish*: 02-20-2012 at 04:30 PM.
bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:53 PM
dman3474

I would like to see this, move stoll back to center, have king/nolan (i forgot who was the natural LW) create space on each of the lines they are on. Lokti is good and dishing the puck out but no one can ever finish, put williams on his line who can shoot.

kopitar-richards-king/nolan
king/nolan-loktionov-williams
brown-stoll-lewis
clifford-fraser-richardson

dman3474 is offline   Reply With Quote