Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quacks at Cats 1500 Hours

Old
02-20-2012, 05:13 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Teemu is 4th in game winning goals with 104 GWGs. Shanahan is 3rd with 109 GWGS, Hull is 2nd with 110 GWGs and Jagr is 1st with 113 GWGS. I didn't even realise before checking this out that Selšnne is above players like Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman etc. in GWGs . I doubt he'll pass anyone this season though, maybe during next season(s)?

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Not certain, but I believe they didn't record GWG as separate stats in the beginning of Gretzky's career, nor the others obviously.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:51 AM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
Not certain, but I believe they didn't record GWG as separate stats in the beginning of Gretzky's career, nor the others obviously.
One poster in Finnish forum has Phil Esposito 1st with 118 GWGs while NHL.com doesn't have any record for him. Hard to say but Selšnne is probably still in top 10.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Could be, but there are some serious goal scorers who's numbers are affected, not the least of which are Howe, Dionne, Richard, Messier and Gartner, in addition to Gretzky and Lemieux.

Regardless, Teemu has a crapton of game winners for a guy who up until about 2002 played for teams that weren't winning many games.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:05 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Could be, but there are some serious goal scorers who's numbers are affected, not the least of which are Howe, Dionne, Richard, Messier and Gartner, in addition to Gretzky and Lemieux.

Regardless, Teemu has a crapton of game winners for a guy who up until about 2002 played for teams that weren't winning many games.
I guess he and Kariya were the ones who scored those game winners during the Mighty Ducks -era.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
I guess he and Kariya were the ones who scored those game winners during the Mighty Ducks -era.
He and Kariya were the only ones scoring period.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:53 PM
jepjepjoo

Quote:
That's false. They started counting game winners in 1963.

Here's the list:

1. Phil Esposito 118
2. Jaromir Jagr 113
3. Brett Hull 110
4. Brendan Shanahan 109
5. Teemu Selanne 104
6. Guy Lafleur 97
7. Mats Sundin 96
8. Steve Yzerman 94
9. Sergei Fedorov 93
Joe Nieuwendyk 93

14. Wayne Gretzky 91
32. Mario Lemieux 74

jepjepjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:57 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Not if we're using tonight as an example. Fowler was solid tonight. He made good decisions, moved the puck very well, was doing the right things on the PP, and so on. I don't see how anyone can look at this game and say Fowler has been mediocre or bad. There have definitely been games where he's stumbled here or there, or he just had a very forgettable game... but against the Panthers? No way. He and Beauchemin were easily our best pairing.

What I have noticed is that Fowler isn't aggressively trying to create offense. He's not pinching in deep very often, and he's generally making the safe play. There are times he's trying to join the rush, but for whatever reason the forwards aren't seeing him, so it amounts to nothing.

I think Fowler is playing more conservatively, so he can focus a bit more on defense. Given that he's spending a lot of time against opposing team's top lines, I can understand why. Not to mention we have no idea what Boudreau, or Caryle before him said. If one(or both) of them asked him to play a certain way, well, that's what he's going to try to do. At 20 years old, there is still a big focus on player development. You don't always just let the kids play. You want them to play the right way.
Perfect analysis. I mean. This happens with most guys his age. Imagine if we had drafted Hedman AND Fowler (Hedman still at second) oh god Hedman would be under fire all the time. He's much weaker in all regards than Fowler. He's still worrying about his development, and has always seemed like a meh kind of player since then.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:13 PM
DarthYenik

That GWG stuff with Gretz and Mario so low is a weird one. The top of the list is pretty much what I'd expect, with the exception of those two.

Sundin being so high on that list is a bit of a surprise as well.

DarthYenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
That GWG stuff with Gretz and Mario so low is a weird one. The top of the list is pretty much what I'd expect, with the exception of those two.
Damn stat padders, running up the score when it doesn't matter...

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote